• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

AvP OUTBREAK by Wraith

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Wraith said:
I will check the flash frames etc and pull them and re render....Easily trimmed....and usually avoided by cutting 2 frames in not noe...i notice when you cut to the edge sometimes a frame render sslips thru from a previous scene...

Oh, tell me about it! It drove me mad until I realized the blindingly-obvious-when-you-think-of-it cut-two-frames instead-of-one solution. Womble is awful at this, and its preview lies to you - I swear it. The output preview window often shows one picture, when zoomed right in on the timeline, and another when you double click to enlarge it, and even the most careful checking doesn't always reveal an intrusive frame until you export sometimes.

Good luck fixing your problems, mate. I'm sure you'll have it all sorted soon.

I loved the alien style wraith reveal, although the top of the frame seems to bounce (?) very cool - sorry I forgot to mention it earlier!

there were a few sync issues during the lex/miller chopper conversation and the Wayland briefing but I figured they were due to an improper burn. I watched the first 15 minutes on the iffy DVD9 and the rest of the film on a compressed DVD5, i didnt notice any more sync issues after my switcheroo so I assumed it was the DVD9.

another suggestion would be to cut the scene of wayland falling down the ice tube and getting saved by lex's ice pick. it doesnt add anything IMO (other than showing lex is coordinated) and plays really hokey. you could easily remove the whole scene of the wench jamming and the cord breaking to speed up the pacing.

oh and when scar appears behind lex in the temple perhaps add some "authentic" pred sounds like the "clicks" and a real "lion roar" taken from either the original predator or AvP:R (if you dont feel like jumping through a ton of hoops for a simple sound effect.) That would be awesome.

also, any thoughts on trimming as much as possible of the god awful unmasked predator from the end of AvP? it looks like a god-damn halloween mask. Sorry but I love the Predator character and hated the treatment "he" got in AvP. At least wolf predator in AvP:R was faithful to the originals even if the rest of the film was garbage..../rant :)

if you do revisit, please please please add more predator score/themes to AvP. if that happened this would be my replacement disc for both films. I dont think the actual predator score/soundtrack is available but I know Predator 2 has a soundtrack/score cd.

great work thus far wraith, and best of luck on the repairs!

Elbarto....thx...you got me jazzed up here....all suggestions great and will get me toeard a 2.5 hr run time which is credible as well. Will source the predator score materials no problem an in corporate all suggestions....

pls ppls pls all download disc 2 and watch the deleted scenes...you will die!!!!! there are also some comedic coincidenatal lines appearing neext to eachother which become hilarious...Sebastian"maymbe we should look at photos of other peoples children"...Miss Woods "bullshit".....

WOOW guys..thx so far for all the comment...I am going to incorporate ALL comments thus far.

I will deal with the colorado issue, by deleting the ref to California by the president...."bomb cedar creeek.....population 2500"....i manage to seamlessly remove words from the outbreak footage refering to infection, virus and lab reports in 3 parts and think it is flawless....so California is fine to remove and replace the caption for the town with "Cedar creek, Colorado"

Job done

I will start on Sunday....that is the deadline for comments.....

THX ALL

WRAITH

wow, sounds great :eek: glad to help! :)

-just got disc 2. sorry, didnt see it until tonight

Hey guys.....got BOTH SCORES for predator..... and P2....

now we are cooking!!!!!

I will do an extensive rework on the audio.

I trackeddow the issue with the sync in the helicopter....watch the scene v v carefully...a few seconds in a single frame is dropped in the middle of a shot and that puts the sudio out. It is NOT an edit but a render error.... so I will re rende YET AGAIN....These programmes a re a bugger. I am thinking of investing in DVD Lap PRO special? Any views.

I upgraded my current suite but do not like to switch softeare versions mid edit since it causes issues (backwards compatability is a crock)...

Any how...this will take a while so keep the comments coming...I have also thought of a way to remove the hard transition between the 2 movies.....but you will need to wait for that...

Sigh...James bond will need to wait for now.....and I already have rendered 128 frames of my opening custom gunbarrel....

PAUSE

OH and......(drum roll......) loading up the MP4 version 1.4 gb tonight. 2.4gb will follow eventually...
WRAITH

excellent news. sounds like this one is getting a deluxe facelift.
I cant wait.
also, I'd love to know where you found the Predator score. PM me if you get a chance!
thanks and good luck!

Wraith said:
OH and......(drum roll......) loading up the MP4 version 1.4 gb tonight. 2.4gb will follow eventually...

Thanks for the heads up. I shall eagerly await the 2.4. :)

Predator Score CD on ebay 37 bucks...there is one more left...usually 200 bucks plus....even on amazon its 137 second hand...

Already working on the physical edits and have identified some key points for the extra score changes...(suggestions welcome gang!!!)

Happy to pander to the masses on this!!!

Do you all want the MP4 of the current version (it does contain the corrected audio cue over the satelite footage)...

WRAITH

Wraith said:
Do you all want the MP4 of the current version (it does contain the corrected audio cue over the satelite footage)...

Well, if you are kindly accounting for the wishes of the masses, I would prefer to give you the time you need to get everything right to your satisfaction, and then download the MP4, when you are done.

Don't waste your time and bandwidth having to upload, take down and reupload. Take your time, and I for one shall wait patiently until you are done. There's no rush. :)

Agreed....

Structural changes just completed.

Winch scene gone
Unmasking trimmed judicously...(great audio work if I say so myself)
flash frames gone (found 3 more using scene detection on the render...they are NOT in the source edit (software lies to me so from now on its the 2 frame trim rule and audio adjust .....easier, safer...reliable)
Sherrif Dallas plant scene/pool reordered
colorado california issue reolved
Transition between the films is now better....(wait to see...its smooth and well...one movie hopefully)
Sync issues in chopper and briefing resolved
Authentic Pred clicks added to Myan open
now waiting for scores to arrive in the post.

Credits to be adjusted to reflect contributions and composers no credited.

.......now...how long for those score CDs given we have a postal strike in the UK (seriously).

WRAITH

This will be AvP v2.00 (The FanEditors FanEdit)

you guys....got me all jeered up with score stuff....Will add judiciously from Predator and P2 and some more Alien 1,2 and 3 but I want this to be authentic, so the pieces may not be the most well Known....(probably re-do the end titles)

elbarto1 said:

Could you point me in the direction of disc 2 as I can't see it for looking!

matty303 said:
elbarto1 said:

Could you point me in the direction of disc 2 as I can't see it for looking!

Currently only faneditors have access to it, so you're not going blind. I imagine it won't be long till all can see it though. :)

DISC 2

When this gets the polish, I will post as follows

FILM ONLY DISC 1 9800mbps DL
DISC 2 SL 9800

and

SINGLE DISC EDITION with ALL content on DL
FILM 5000 MBS, extras 4000mbs

just sitting here waiting for those coice audio moments to drop thru the letterbox....(sigh)..

Best carry on with my BOND edit....

W

it is actually kbps as in kilobit per second. Not even a bluray could handle a 1000 or above mbps bitrate (because it would mean 1GBit (aka 128MB) for one second of movie).
Also: the full 9800 are not a good bitrate for movies, because it is the absolute maximum for a DVD (for video + audio). Some DVD players will not play that properly.

good point...any view on an optimun level? 8500.....k.p.s. :razz:

a very good bitrate is 6000kbps vbr.
Depending on the encoder 5000kbps vbr can look great.
With CCE even 4000kbps can be pretty good, depending on the source quality, the aspect ratio (2.35:1 needs less bitrate than 1.78:1), the number of passes and the amount of scenes with heavy movement (because these require a very high bitrate).

Thx Boon

Have made some further changes at the power lpant and troop deployment (which is split now for better dramatic build).....Still waiting for that score to arrive....

ITS HERE...Predator Score 20th Anniversary edition WOW.

I begin scoring on Thursday and expect to have a single disc DL edition with all extras out by Sunday. MOVIE at 6500kbps and extras at 4000kbps.

I will also render an MP4 2.4gb version.

QUESTION GUYS...what programme do I use to burn a DVD image which is MKV??

WRAITH

Back
Top Bottom