• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Endgame

Interesting observation on the film, guys. :)

As for me, I couldn't be more hyped to see how the Infinity Saga draws to a close, since I'll be going to a special midnight screening of the movie at the Odeon tomorrow. Wish me well! ^^

I enjoy the MCU flicks more than Zarius does, but I'm not a slobbering fanboy. I read the spoilers for Infinity War before I saw it, because I wasn't able to see it in the theaters and I wanted to know what the fuss was about. Spoilers didn't ruin my enjoyment of the flick when I watched it at home months later. I'm gonna do the same for Endgame.

I really don't understand why people get so up in arms about spoilers. Knowing a plot detail has never ruined a movie. Movies are ruined by poor storytelling. Back in 1999 there were two flicks with gigantic Twist Endings, The Sixth Sense and Fight Club. I knew the twists before I saw both of them. When I watched The Sixth Sense I really didn't like it, because I was able to spot the flaws and plot holes. It was a mystery sandwich, a magic trick that manipulated the audience. Fight Club though, that blew my mind, because it was a well-crafted story with compelling characters told in a visually compelling manner. I've rewatched The Sixth Sense a handful of times and I still dislike it. I've rewatched Fight Club a billion times and I still love it.

That being said... I'm not a super jerk. I won't "spoil" the twists for others. I know that a lot of people are all like...

297cd8.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
I caught the movie around midnight last night. As noted, I'm not the biggest fan of the MCU movies, and as a finale I thought they nailed it only in the last hour, not to say the first two hours weren't fun, but that first hour is undoubtedly a massive waste of time.  I give the film a B- overall, but A+ for the last act.
[/font]

are we allowed to post spoilers without tagging them already?

Good point, even though I didn't drop specific spoilers, my description of what I thought of each hour of the movie could still inform some opinions, so I'll tag it

"The first hour sucked but the third hour was awesome."

How is that a spoiler?

i wasn't accusing him, i was wondering if i could post my spoiler filled review already:p

Ahh. Well, feel free to discuss the film but 
we have spoiler tags for a reason.

Tickets have been bought. I am seeing the film on Sunday.

I'd say it was good, not great. Liked it, but I won't call it the greatest cinematic experience of the 21st century either.

[font=-apple-system,]
Thor was a joke, and stayed a joke, with virtually no redeemable arc. You could get Natalie Portman back for a few scenes set in the past, but could'nt get her back to give Thor someone to fight for or to help get closure on their relationship? Guess she doesn't want to come back full time.[/font]
[font=-apple-system,]You could have cut the whole mission to the 1970s easily.[/font]
[font=-apple-system,]A-Force and Captain Marvel were handled well, yeah there is the feminism agenda, but it again didn't intrude on the rest of the film and they were used minimally, Carol did all I expected her to do here. My theatre cheered when Thanos flicked her away towards the end.[/font]
[font=-apple-system,]The time travel logistics only make sense if you think about them in the branched off sense, if there's something in there that contradicts it, you're left with a spaghetti junction of a narrative.[/font]
[font=-apple-system,]Natasha's sacrifice was badly handled and very rushed. I think her learning her parentage will be the key to what happens in her solo movie and her inevitable Resurrection.
[/font]

I'd say it was good, not great. What I usually hate about these movies was in there, but that third act is everything I wanted from the Marvel movies to begin with and I got it, so well worth the laboured journey getting there

If I could have cut Thor out of this entire movie, I would. Guy contributes absolutely nothing to the story other than low-self esteem and mommy issues.

Captain Marvel is mercifully only used for fifteen minutes total in the movie and gets few lines, all of which she delivers with her usual plank-of-wood "charisma"

The time travel logistics are constantly contradicted, and the easiest way to ignore them all is addressed in the movie and dismissed as an impossibility. Nice going there film.

As a fan of the movies and not knowing that much about the Marvel characters, I found myself shedding tears at least 4 times.  They were not all sad tears, but also pure excitement of what we have been given these last 10 years while also saying goodbye to some heroes who we know will not be coming back and embracing the future of the MCU.  It was a bittersweet and perfect finale.

There is a moment in the movie when you will just be in awe of what you are seeing on screen.  The many years of blah movies like Batman and Robin and Daredevil and the hopeful ones like X2 and Spiderman 2 to seeing all of these characters coming together made the journey through the many comic book movies worth it.  But, as Tony said, part of the journey is the end and that is what we got for the first generation of heroes.  When the dust settles, I'll be looking forward to seeing what makes the next set of Avengers assemble.

Saw it. Loved most of it. Had issues with some things here and there, but the highs more than made up for any of the lows.

How do you spoiler tag here again? Because there's definitely one thing I need to bitch about. And about fifteen things I need to gush about because they were so awesome.

I saw it last night on IMAX and want to let my thoughts out.  I've seen every film (except Captain America, oddly) in theaters and quite enjoy them even though they are sometimes flawed.

The first hour of the film is a great follow up to what happened in Infinity War.  How did the world/universe move on following the Decimation?  Seeing what happens and how some have given up while others still are fighting to find a solution was good and totally worth the time.  I liked how Tony responded and was able to have a "normal" life, even though clearly he never gave up as even a genius like Tony doesn't solve Time Travel in an evening.  The idea that he needs to rest has been a continual story point since Iron Man 3, and I'm glad that the character finally was able to find peace.

The second hour is great fun and an excellent way to resist some past films and explore more of the world of the MCU and the characters within.  Nebula really gets to shine here and Karen Gillan is able to show the chops all Doctor Who fans knows she has.  Tony's meeting with his father is a great moment and even though it goes on a little too long, it is a well acted sequence that satisfies.  I could have done without Cap saying "That's America's ass" but considering he just said "Hail Hydra" I'm willing to give it a pass.  Hawkeye and Black Widow and their struggle to be the one to make the sacrifice is a highlight in this section as Barton is trying to regain his humanity after losing it while Romanov is trying to fully cleanse herself of her past sins and get the "red" out of her ledger.

The final hour is all that one can ask for as it was full of fan service and ticked all the boxes they I wanted to see checked.  Not only see Cap wield Mjolnir but use it so well and even summon lightning was a fantastic moment and one I've hoped to see for a long time.  The moment when everyone returned and "assembled" was magnificent and even if the battle itself went on too long and was a little hard to see at times, it was a perfect conclusion to the MCU thusfar.

Tony's sacrifice and the call back to "I am...Iron Man" was a great callback to the first film and a fitting send off.  The funeral scene after and the moving camera shot was absolute perfection and Alan Silvestri's great score helped to enhance an already emotional scene.  Hearing grown men weep was something to see and really helped to set the mood and made the movie all the more impactful.  Cap's ending was very well done although bittersweet.  Evans' portray won me over quickly and I have long enjoyed seeing his character.  I'd love to see him again someday, but if this is the last we see of those that died I will be happy.  

Overall it was a very enjoyable film and one that truly delivered despite overwhelming pressure to succeed.  The Russo's have proven themselves to be fantastic directors and I hope their future projects are a success, whether it be with Marvel or in some other endeavor.  What they along with Kevin Feige and the other filmmakers accomplished over the last 11 years is truly remarkable and will likely never be seen again.

Why am I reading these spoilers?

Seeing it tomorrow morning. Bought a cheap ticket for 930am, there's no turning back now. I'll report back with fanboy feels in several hours.

Words cannot express how much I loved this movie. This all started with a gamble in 2008. A movie that had the burden of starting something bigger than we could ever know.

I was there when it all started: just a seven year old superhero fan going to see a new Marvel superhero put on screen. A character I knew nothing about until then, but made me a big fan afterwards: Iron Man.

And it was a hit. Since then, I have watched these films build up one by one, first with the build up to the big pay-off of The Avengers (2012), yet was still nothing compared to what was coming... Thanos.

Watching the next seven years play out one by one, movie to movie was a blast. And in these eleven years, with some ups and downs, some wows and some mehs, everything culminated first in Infinity War, and now in Endgame.

Okay jrWhag, time to stop reading spoilers, heavy ones are below.

Remember The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King? Remember how the three movies (six if you add The Hobbit in later marathons) culminated perfectly in that amazing finale? Remember the awesome, heart-stopping final battle? Remember how it grabbed your tear glands and squeezed it dry with an ending that broke all the hearts and resolved all the arcs perfectly, with no dry eyes left in the theater? Well, this was that, times TEN.

I was hooked from the start. Seeing Hawkeye’s family which I loved so much in Age of Ultron, disappear, really broke my heart, even though I knew it happened cuz of the trailer. The Marvel logo with the missing heroes was very interesting.

I loved seeing the aftermath of the snap. I loved how everyone reacted differently. I loved how everyone tried to cope, but of course no one can truly move on after this. I looooved Tony & Pepper’s daughter, she was soooo adorable. I loved the “time heist”.

I laughed. I laughed so hard. I laughed at how Banner and Hulk became Shrek together. I laughed in sadness at how Thor became a fat mess (I’m gonna miss those Ragnarok muscles and abs, no homo). I laughed so hard at “Hail Hydra” which was PERFECT.

I loved the struggle to get the stones back. I loved seeing the Ancient One being totally supreme. I loved the trip to past movies, seeing familiar faces, impacting our current characters, like Frigga, Jane, and of course, Howard. I loved the struggle of Natasha and Clint, trying to clean the reds in their ledgers. I wonder how the Black Widow movie is going to be like...

I loved the final battle. I cheered along with everyone when Cap lifted Mjolnir, when Cap was ready to take on Thanos and his army alone, each when everyone joined one by one, when I saw all the heroes from past movies ready to face the armies of evil. I was thrilled from start to finish. And to see Tony defeat the thing he was dreading since he flew up the wormhole in The Avengers was soo satisfying.

I cried. Like a baby. I cried when Tony sacrificed himself, letting go of the life he dreamed of. I cried when Rhodey, Peter, and Pepper said goodbye to their true friend. I cried during Tony’s touching goodbye message. I turned the theater into an aquarium in the funeral. And I wept once again seeing Steve finally retire as Captain America, finally “going home”, living the normal life he always wanted, getting that date, that dance he wanted with Peggy all his life.

My only issue with the movie is... Really?... A rat?... A rat was what rescued Scott Lang from the Quantum Realm? Really??

So yeah, I loved it.

I should've listened. Stopped reading halfway through at least.

I've often half-joked that Batman and Robin is really no different than the average MCU movie and would make quite a lot of money now if it came out.

Back
Top Bottom