• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Endgame

bionicbob said:
Zarius said:
Problem Eliminator said:
Endgame was totally satisfying and pretty much perfect IMO.

No, itwasn't perfect. I know emotions are pretty high with some of you, but I don't think there's much objectivity going on with this at all. The movie had boring bits, embarrassing bits, has logic holes all over the place, and it's really only the third act where it all comes together.

Don't you mean....

It had boring bits for you.
It had embarrassing bits for you.

People who are saying it is perfect, myself including, are saying it was perfect for them.

I just don't see it like that. I think people are only saying that because they're fresh out of the movie. Hence why I said there's little objectivity going on around here. We're  all editors, our job is to nip and tuck and produce things that serve as a critique on what can be improved. We do have MCU edits availible on this site, so I know people find flaws in them already...and it usually happens a good few years after they come out of the theatre proclaiming them the "greatest things ever"

Give yourselves a few months, and you'll come to see I was right. MCU fans say the same things about every single one of these movies as soon as they come out so you'll excuse me if I tend to find that a little suspect

Zarius said:
I just don't see it like that. 

??????

You do not see, can not respect,  that people can have a different opinion, a different experience, than you?????  

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]
Give yourselves a few months, and you'll come to see I was right. 
[/font]

Wow. :(  And I thought Thanos had a big ego.

Come on Bob, you know me, I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm allowed to express my opinion of people's opinions that are chiefly spur-of-the-moment, and you're welcome to get a little cross at it, but that's what I generally feel every time one of these movies comes out and it's hailed as the greatest thing ever...until months down the line when it suddenly isn't.

It's not a question of ego, if anything it's a credit to the editors of tomorrow who are going to contribute to this site, and a credit to the editors we do have who will see what I see.

I'll talk to you later about this...everyone can continue to discuss what they loved, hopefully they critique it too

Enjoyed the movie a lot. It was fan service at it's finest and I think they earned it and we deserve it. I also loved the slower moments, the fact it takes time to ignite, but it was never boring or out of place to me. Only surprising in the best way.

It's funny that a rat caused Thanos' demise. Are there 10 million other universes where the rat doesn't save the day?

Also, I know Disney/Marvel are planning hundreds of spin-off shows and all that. However, the one moment I want to see most right now is when
cap meets red skull! It probably definitely happened, didn't it? since he was in charge of returning all the stones?!

You absolutely right to tell people your opinion.

But you are NOT right to tell other people their opinion is wrong.

You have done this before.  You make things personal by making sweeping, absolute statements.

You are right and everyone else is wrong.

I get it.  You are are comic lover (as am I, and many other are) and some or many of Marvel movies do not meet with your expectations.  And that is fine.  And that is why people make fan edits, to try to reshape something into a version they love.
The more power to them.  There are tons of fan edits of movies on this site that I love in there original form and do not believe need to be edited.  But I would not tell that editor that they are WRONG.

I mean, I hated THE LAST JEDI.  But I would NEVER tell someone who loved it that they are wrong.  I think it is awesome they found something they loved.  We all should be so lucky.   

As for ENDGAME, is it the exact story I would of told?  No.  Do I like the rebranding of Thor in the last few movies, not really.  Do I wish the movies were closer adaptations of the original source material?  Sure, that would be cool.  But it isn't.  And I have come to terms with what the Mavel On-screen Universe is long ago.  And I think ENDGAME is a monumental achievement and in terms of unprecidented culminations  of 10 year storytelling, and FOR ME, on the Marvel Scale, it was PERFECTION.  Not many movies make be cry or cheer out loud.  This movie did.  It is the ONLY MARVEL movie that has ever hit me on this emotional level.  So for me on a personal level, this is amazing filmmaking.  I, me, was never bored in this movie.  I was invested from beginning to end.

So don't go telling me I am wrong.

It is a dick move, no matter how you try to re-phrase it.

bionicbob said:
I mean, I hated THE LAST JEDI.  But I would NEVER tell someone who loved it that they are wrong.

I liked The Last Jedi, but I also understand why it's so polarising and I can enjoy fanedits of it, because there's a good movie in there, it's not a perfect movie, and it can be made better. You are not wrong for disliking it, it's very easy to see why

I think it is awesome they found something they loved.  We all should be so lucky.

I'm glad for them in this present moment, I've just had experiences, plenty of times, where people come to think differently. It can be a matter of weeks, months or years but eventually they reevaluate.

Don't think of it as me saying "you're wrong for liking this", it's me asking them "will you feel this way all the time? Because there's some issues here, and I'm not the only ones who see them"

Wouldn't dream of it.

If anything, you said exactly what I needed you to say with this:

As for ENDGAME, is it the exact story I would of told?  No.  Do I like the rebranding of Thor in the last few movies, not really.  Do I wish the movies were closer adaptations of the original source material?  Sure, that would be cool.  But it isn't.

Zarius said:

Wouldn't dream of it.

But you did and you are.

Of course the movie has issues.  Every movie has issues.  Lawrence of Arabia has issues.  Hell, your beloved Power Rangers franchise has countless issues.

But I have stated this before, you can LOVE something, you can empirically know something is flawed or even terrible, and still have be PERFECT for you.

I love my wife.  I love my daughter.  In reality, they are flawed human beings.  To me, they are PERFECTION.
But do I divorce my wife NOW,  because maybe, at sometime in the future, my feelings might change?????
To me, that is an utterly ludicrous way to view life.

Life is too short.  You have to live in the now.

I stand by my personal review... for ME, Avengers Endgame was perfection.  Will my opinion change in the future?  Who knows?  But it does not make my experience now any less true or valid.

You clearly did not enjoy Endgame as much as I, and I can respect that.  Your experience is as equally valid as mine.

All I ask is you return that respect and consider how to word your responses to other people's experiences.

Understood Bob, sorry. :(

I view life differently, I have aspergers.

Zarius said:

Apology accepted.

As they say in another of my beloved, but very flawed, franchises -- "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations".

For me, this matter is now under the bridge my friend.

:)

We got here an hour early to get good seats, and to my surprise, no one is here! I wonder if it'll stay that way, or if everyone will come in later.

I have no history of hyperbole with these movies. Most Marvel movies land around 6 or 7/10 for me (including Infinity War). Hell, I've done two Cap edits which implicitly criticize the entire concept of the MCU.

Endgame wasn't the best movie ever or even an outstanding piece of filmmaking. But as payoff to Infinity War and ten years of other movies, it was outstanding and I got just what I wanted and then some. I had a lot of fun watching it. *shrug*

I don't remember what video it was from, but it's a theory I very much like:
The reason cap couldn't lift Mjolnir during the after party in Age of Ultron was because of inner conflict since he witheld from Tony the information about Bucky and Tony's parents. And once that conflict was resolved, he became truly worthy.
Are there any other theories about that?

bionicbob said:
Zarius said:

Apology accepted.

As they say in another of my beloved, but very flawed, franchises -- "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations".

For me, this matter is now under the bridge my friend.

Sorry to butt in, but I have something to say.

I have aspergers too, and it definitely plays a part in how a view aspects in my life. If I were to look at posts I made when I was green on the forums, I've also probably said things I wouldn't stand for now, and my particular view of the world would go a long way to explain why I said the things I said. But it doesn't justify my actions.

Zarius, if you don't like the MCU, that's fine. If you wish to express your opinions about the MCU, that's fine too. But don't use your aspergers as an excuse to say scummy things about people, directly or indirectly. It makes the rest of us look bad.

Belgarath said:
The reason cap couldn't lift Mjolnir during the after party in Age of Ultron was because of inner conflict since he witheld from Tony the information about Bucky and Tony's parents. And once that conflict was resolved, he became truly worthy.

I think that 
he was already worthy. If you watch the scene carefully, Mjolnir slightly budges and Thor gives it an uneasy glance as if he suspects that Cap moved it a little but can't quite be sure. This hints that Cap could move it but stopped before it budged much because he didn't want anyone to know (or maybe he could only slightly budge it because it knew that he didn't need it yet). Then, in "Avengers: Endgame", Thor's reaction upon seeing Cap wielding Mjolnir is to shout, "I knew it!", which is a call-back to the glance that he gave during the party scene.

Nic said:
Zarius, if you don't like the MCU, that's fine. If you wish to express your opinions about the MCU, that's fine too.

I like the MCU, I just hate what it's become, or is becoming

hbenthow said:
Belgarath said:

I think that 
he was already worthy. If you watch the scene carefully, Mjolnir slightly budges and Thor gives it an uneasy glance as if he suspects that Cap moved it a little but can't quite be sure. This hints that Cap could move it but stopped before it budged much because he didn't want anyone to know (or maybe he could only slightly budge it because it knew that he didn't need it yet). Then, in "Avengers: Endgame", Thor's reaction upon seeing Cap wielding Mjolnir is to shout, "I knew it!", which is a call-back to the glance that he gave during the party scene.

Yeah, it's probably the simplest and most straight forward explanation. Most likely, it's what the writers actually intended. Something resonated with me in the explanation I've given, though. Like I'm not deep into fan theories and stuff, but this is one I approve of.

hbenthow said:
Belgarath said:

I think that 

Disagree with both.

In Age of Ultron, Steve has a lot of insecurities and doubts about himself like the rest of the Avengers. They’re all tied to the monstrosity theme of the movie. Steve also sees himself as a monster in a world that’s different from his time. He has fears about whether he wants a normal life like Hawkeye, or to continue his fighting as a superhero. He missed the date and normal life he could have had with Peggy, and he always feels like he wants to belong somewhere, fight for something. He is conflicted within himself, about whether or not he is truly a good leader, which is why he is as of yet unworthy to the hammer.

In the end, his decision is that he cannot allow himself that kind of life and chooses to stay at “home”, leading the Avengers. Only after he fully completes his arc in Endgame is he fully worthy of Mjolnir.

That’s my interpretation anyway. The two other explanations given are also pretty great as well and probably are true factors.

Showed up in my recommendations, thought I'd share:

(spoiler because of the title)

It's pretty epic.

Also this...

Back
Top Bottom