• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Avengers: Endgame

bionicbob said:
So are we laying odds which one of these two will not be leaving this movie alive?  :cry:

There's also the chance that neither make it out alive  :(

musiced921 said:
bionicbob said:
So are we laying odds which one of these two will not be leaving this movie alive?  :cry:

There's also the chance that neither make it out alive  :(

Sadly too true.... with the Big Three's contracts all fulfilled, they all could be goners. 

Cap has dies a few times in the comics and been replaced by various other characters, including Winter Soldier and Falcon.

Iron Man, I am less familiar with as legacy style character, but I do remember Rhodey as Iron Man long ago.

Even Thor has been replaced multiple times over the decades.

But all good things must come to an end. 

Phase Four will be interesting.... create legacy heroes or just recast with new younger actors like James Bond?

There is no way they are recasting for Phase 4.  The connections to these characters are too strong that they will simply either pass the mantle down to another hero or simply "retire" the character.  The MCU's biggest draw is the connected universe and the relationships between the characters, if they start to replace actors at this point they'll probably isolate a lot of fans.

With the addition of the Fantastic 4 and X-Men and possibly Namor as well coming, I do not see a need to continue on with the same characters we've seen.  We'll get the New Avengers for a while, possibly until a Secret Wars scenario where some fallen heroes might return.

They've already featured the concept of changing the occupant of the suit but keeping the world the same, at least twice. With Hank Pym/Scott Lang, T'Chaka/T'Challa (and in a less obvious way with Howard Stark/Tony Stark). They also refreshed the Avengers and GotG by adding/removing members. I hope they go that route.

A note of caution: There is a four minute video circulating on the internet and it is LOADED with spoilers.

Watch the 4:20 video instead, that's where it's at.

TL;DR: I am very paranoid over a film.

Some assholes at school are telling me the first half of Endgame has been leaked and gave me a huuge spoiler. Also, our English Lit teacher also said he was going to watch the leaked version except he found out it was only half of the movie. So the leak is true. I’m not sure if the spoiler is true but the assholes were chatting to each other loudly about the spoilers. 

I assumed they were pretending to chat and lying to piss me off, but they might have been pretending to chat and telling the truth to piss me off, or just chatting and then noticing me and telling me to piss me off.

It worked. I’m pissed.

I have been watching these films build up for 11 years, been a fan since day 1 with the first Iron Man movie when I was 7 years old. I’m not going to be okay with two assholes ruining the big pay-off movie I’ve been waiting for for more than a decade.

I’m afraid to ask if the spoiler is true because if it is and if it isn’t it would ruin the movie for me, as the unexpected will be ruined. I wanna ignore it and go to the movie with the question of whether it is true or not and be surprised regardless of it. But if the leak is true I’m afraid that in a week the movie will be spoiler for me. How am I going to escape this? I can’t just not go to school for two weeks.

And when it does finally come out I’m sure there will be so many people are going to go to the midnight premiere, or the day after, and in the two days until I finally go see Endgame, I’m afraid I will be spoiled.

I’m sorry. Rant over.

Masirimso17 said:
TL;DR: I am very paranoid over a film.

Some assholes at school are telling me the first half of Endgame has been leaked and gave me a huuge spoiler. Also, our English Lit teacher also said he was going to watch the leaked version except he found out it was only half of the movie. So the leak is true. I’m not sure if the spoiler is true but the assholes were chatting to each other loudly about the spoilers. 

I assumed they were pretending to chat and lying to piss me off, but they might have been pretending to chat and telling the truth to piss me off, or just chatting and then noticing me and telling me to piss me off.

It worked. I’m pissed.

I have been watching these films build up for 11 years, been a fan since day 1 with the first Iron Man movie when I was 7 years old. I’m not going to be okay with two assholes ruining the big pay-off movie I’ve been waiting for for more than a decade.

I’m afraid to ask if the spoiler is true because if it is and if it isn’t it would ruin the movie for me, as the unexpected will be ruined. I wanna ignore it and go to the movie with the question of whether it is true or not and be surprised regardless of it. But if the leak is true I’m afraid that in a week the movie will be spoiler for me. How am I going to escape this? I can’t just not go to school for two weeks.

And when it does finally come out I’m sure there will be so many people are going to go to the midnight premiere, or the day after, and in the two days until I finally go see Endgame, I’m afraid I will be spoiled.

I’m sorry. Rant over.

And this is why I'm ignoring social media like the plague until the I see it.

People are taking this way too seriously.

Nothing spoils my experience with a movie, if anything they do a decent job of keeping my expectations in check so I can judge the films more objectively, rather than initially rate them a 10/10 because of a twist or moment.

Most of these movies age like milk anyway, and lie rotting on their owner's blu-ray shelves while the audience moves on to the next one, and frankly all they're waiting for half the time is what the easter eggs are in the mid-credits or post-credits.

Don't mean to be harsh, but I've sat through 22 of these films, I've only ever "loved" about seven of them, and "love" is stretching it a bit.

@"Zarius" You’re right but again the fact that I grew up with these films and seeing them build up here is a big factor. The feeling is similar with Star Wars but there it’s because of the twisty nature of the saga. Actually it’s similar in general too: I just love being surprised in movies.

I don’t think they age as badly as you put them; when I give another whirl to these films I always get a kick out of it. However I have to agree that as films they’re not a gold standard. Of course not. You only love seven of them, I only love ten of them. And yeah probably “love” is kinda a stretch. Only two or three I think are near perfect. (Winter Soldier, Guardians 2, maybe Black Panther, not sure I need to rewatch)

I don't think I'm going to love this movie, it sounds incredibly convoluted from the spoilers I've read. Will be looking forward to the fanedits on this one.

Zarius said:
I don't think I'm going to love this movie, it sounds incredibly convoluted from the spoilers I've read. Will be looking forward to the fanedits on this one.

Why? Why??  WHY??????

Why would you read the SPOILERS?????????????  :huh::p

Because as I've said, I don't like most of the MCU movies, thus I'm under no obligation to be suckered into their hype. I want to go in as a critic, not a fanboy.

Zarius said:
Because as I've said, I don't like most of the MCU movies, thus I'm under no obligation to be suckered into their hype. I want to go in as a critic, not a fanboy.

2fbd653ecba0d0f3caab8a9963589a61.jpg

Weird flex but ok. If you don't think you'll like it, and you don't care whether the experience is spoiled for you, you could just not see it and save some money. 

I find it so strange that you have this reaction to these movies (and some other media we've talked about on the forums here) using terms like "suckered", "obligation", "fanboy", etc (those are just from the quoted post without going back to past conversations), but you still want to go back to see more. For example, my dad's in his sixties. He's not inherently interested in superhero stuff, doesn't really like the movies either. He saw Iron Man with me in theaters. He liked it. He saw Incredible Hulk, and decided he was done. He saw a good one and a bad one and quit. Hasn't thought about it since. 

I guess it seems like you choose to spend a lot of time doing things you don't enjoy. Do you think that is from a sense of obligation?

Nah, I just have nothing better to do on the week of a release. It's like buying a lottery ticket. Sometimes the film will score big with me (and, as noted in earlier posts, I do like seven of these movies) and a lot of the times they won't land.

I'm a comics fan, I grew up with Marvel, I love most of their heroes, I just want them treated well, and when all I see is these deeply flawed but strong willed characters put on a comedy clinic for two hours and stay in that train of thought the whole movie, even during serious moments, I get hot about it...and then there's people who constantly parrot how "awesome" and "game changing" every single movie is, and that it's the best experiance they've had in their lives. Every film. Everything. All the time.

And I don't get it. I really don't. 

I keep telling myself "I can't be the only one who notices there's a giant chicken on set, can I?"  (Animainiacs reference)

Zarius said:
Nah, I just have nothing better to do on the week of a release. It's like buying a lottery ticket. Sometimes the film will score big with me (and, as noted in earlier posts, I do like seven of these movies) and a lot of the times they won't land.

I'm a comics fan, I grew up with Marvel, I love most of their heroes, I just want them treated well, and when all I see is these deeply flawed but strong willed characters put on a comedy clinic for two hours and stay in that train of thought the whole movie, even during serious moments, I get hot about it...and then there's people who constantly parrot how "awesome" and "game changing" every single movie is, and that it's the best experiance they've had in their lives. Every film. Everything. All the time.

I keep telling myself "I can't be the only one who notices there's a giant chicken on set, can I?"  (Animainiacs reference)

If I could like your post twice, I would.

Jokes aside, I perfectly agree. For me, Infinity War was probably one of the "better" movies. I only enjoyed Homecoming and The Winter Soldier and Black Panther out of the ones I saw, excluding Infinity War, which was fun if only because I found it to be something else entirely. Part II ( :p ) sort of has my anticipation too.

Zarius said:

I'm a comics fan, I grew up with Marvel, I love most of their heroes, I just want them treated well, and when all I see is these deeply flawed but strong willed characters put on a comedy clinic for two hours and stay in that train of thought the whole movie, even during serious moments, I get hot about it.

This I can understand. Makes total sense. The lottery metaphor puts it into perspective nicely.

..and then there's people who constantly parrot how "awesome" and "game changing" every single movie is, and that it's the best experiance they've had in their lives. Every film. Everything. All the time.

This part I have a harder time understanding, but not much harder. While blind faith for any product or strict loyalty to any one brand is a frustrating concept, I don't think I've actually met anyone who loves everything about the MCU films, or if I have I don't think I paid them enough attention to actually remember them. They must exist but even my fanboy friends and I nitpick the hell out of some of the movies, so hopefully it's not us.  ;)

Are you talking about writers on movie news websites or individual people who you've actually spoken with? Do you have a particularly annoying coworker (might be too personal a question)? What I'm getting at is, are these people congregated in a particular place you could avoid if it causes you annoyance?

I guess I feel similarly about The Walking Dead, but the near-universal praise and hype train that annoys me is mostly contained to movie/tv news sites, and I tend to avoid those sites or at least the articles on that show, because I don't believe that THIS season will be like NOTHING I'VE SEEN BEFORE!  :dodgy: I find that show very repetitive, and probably have very similar complaints to your MCU issues, if we compared both on a broad, surface-level.

Are you talking about writers on movie news websites or individual people who you've actually spoken with? Do you have a particularly annoying coworker (might be too personal a question)? What I'm getting at is, are these people congregated in a particular place you could avoid if it causes you annoyance?

Shill media and obnoxious youtuber reactors are who I'm referring to, yep, got it in one. The latter is just as bad as working with the occasional office casual who uses these movies for escapism, at least you don't put up with them on your off hours, imagine going to Youtube and getting them recommended all the time.

I guess I feel similarly about The Walking Dead, but the near-universal praise and hype train that annoys me is mostly contained to movie/tv news sites, and I tend to avoid those sites or at least the articles on that show, because I don't believe that THIS season will be like NOTHING I'VE SEEN BEFORE!  :dodgy: I find that show very repetitive, and probably have very similar complaints to your MCU issues, if we compared both on a broad, surface-level.

I've never ever watched Walking Dead. The Zombie genre creeps me out (I never quite got over jitters over playing Resident Evil in 1998), so I can't really compare, but I do know friends who comment on the run, and it seems to have suffered from seasonal rot on a few occasions. It's been on almost a decade too, which strikes me as odd given I always thought it was very recent. Shows how attentive my span is.

Zarius said:

Shill media and obnoxious youtuber reactors are who I'm referring to, yep, got it in one. The latter is just as bad as working with the occasional office casual who uses these movies for escapism, at least you don't put up with them on your off hours, imagine going to Youtube and getting them recommended all the time.

Gotcha. Yeah, youtube recommendations are a huge pain. RLM's Nerd Crew does a good job of lampooning those people.

It's quite easy to pay zero attention to youtube commentators and media hype. Just watch what you want to watch, or try what you think you might like.

Back
Top Bottom