• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 Movies

Black Dynamite was so damn great.  Hope this one can live up to it.  So far, so good!

Promoting a movie with a fanedited trailer, neat. 'Johnny B. Black' would have been an even better character name.

Maybe you need to be of a certain (older?) age.... though I like to believe the magic of Winnie the Pooh is timeless.

This trailer at the end made me SMILE broadly and gave me the FEELS....  :D

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425M4M3Opkk[/video]

second trailer for avengers infinity war

wow just wow
avengers-infinity-war-poster-1093756.jpeg

new poster kinda reminds me of the thor ragnorok poster

The trailer is indeed wonderful; the poster is good… even though the “Thor: Ragnarok” and “Black Panther” both feel ancestors to it, and not in a good way.

So they hired Josh Brolin to do a motion capture version of Ron Perlman?

Moe_Syzlak said:
So they hired Josh Brolin to do a motion capture version of Ron Perlman?

I was convinced Ron Pearlman was Thanos , Brolin's not a bad substitute though.

Tomb Raider (2018)
I must say I'm a total loss to understand why this is getting mixed reviews. I thought it was a near flawless action adventure flick. Vikander is outstanding as per usual in the lead. The cinematography is some of the best I've seen in many a recent blockbuster. The day scenes glowed with sunlight and even the night scenes were lit properly (I was beginning to think people had forgotten the art). All the characters and their motivations are fully fleshed out (The villains motives are strong). Loads of practical locations and sets with a gritty realism to it all. When CGI was required it was integrated quite well. The pacing was superb, never feeling like it ever lets up but still having plenty of character dialogue scenes. All in all, the best (only good?) video-game adaptation ever. I cannot wait to see a sequel.

i haven't seen it yet but I definitely think critics are pre-disposed to dismiss anyrhing with a video-game link. Based on your review and the talent involved I will definitely be checking this out this week...

The 2001 installment is a guilty pleasure of mine :)

Went to see Annihilation this afternoon. Visually stunning, and overall enjoyable, but I didn't love is as much as Ex Machina.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Went to see Annihilation this afternoon. Visually stunning, and overall enjoyable, but I didn't love is as much as Ex Machina.

Yeah, my feelings as well. I still have no idea what everyone finds ambiguous about it.

Moe_Syzlak said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

Yeah, my feelings as well. I still have no idea what everyone finds ambiguous about it.

I wanted it to be more ambiguous.

Saw Tomb Raider tonight, didn't expect too much and therefore it didn't disappoint...

Alicia Vikander is fine as a young Lara but everyone else was pretty two dimensional, a shame as I hoped the excellent Walton Goggins would be given a little more opportunity to shine.  The father/daughter thing  was a little overdone and slowed the pace down a bit, but it did provide enough of a character arc to see Lara develop over the course of the film.  As a video game adaptation it did a good job of paying homage to its roots with some very decent set pieces (the waterfall scene is the highlight) but didn't offer anything truly spectacular.   As a straight comparison to the 2001 AJ version I would have to admit this is the better film(and probably the best video game movie to date) but I think I will be revisiting the 2001 (so bad its good) version more frequently...  A solid 7/10 from me for new one

new trailer for deadpool 2(sneak peak at the the deadpool x-force costume)

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DUNDEE: THE SON OF A LEGEND RETURNS HOME[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] finds Danny McBride (ALIEN: COVENANT) starring as the adventurous son of Mick Dundee, who will once again be played by Paul Hogan.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]wow another remake im not sure how i feel about this. i liked the original but the subtle comedy seems to be missing from this version and replaced with gross out humor[/font]

gazza said:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DUNDEE: THE SON OF A LEGEND RETURNS HOME[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] finds Danny McBride (ALIEN: COVENANT) starring as the adventurous son of Mick Dundee, who will once again be played by Paul Hogan.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]wow another remake im not sure how i feel about this. i liked the original but the subtle comedy seems to be missing from this version and replaced with gross out humor[/font]

This is not a real movie.   It was created as a publicity stunt by Tourism Australia for the Super Bowl.  :p

bionicbob said:
gazza said:

This is not a real movie.   It was created as a publicity stunt by Tourism Australia for the Super Bowl.  :p

really with a Budget $30,000,000 (estimated from source IMDB) i wasnt sure. Danny mcbride has been in soo many low budget comedies i want sure and especially since COBRA KAI was announced as a series

THE SPY WHO DUMPED ME Official

A pair of friends embark on an espionage adventure after one of them finds out her ex is a spy.

i do love a good spy movie/comedy

I guess this is technically a 2017 film, since it opened in Toronto last fall, but the rest of us got it yesterday:

I Kill Giants

Went to see this on my birthday with the missus. There wasn't much in the theater that was playing that we were both interested in, so I Kill Giants won by default. Neither my wife or I had any knowledge of the source material, but based on the trailer it seemed like a potential win. It was not at all what either of us were expecting! The beginning was a bit slow, but holy wow, once the "twist" hit, I was really into it.

I cried like a baby toward the end.

Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom