• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 Movies

I know next to nothing about Tomb Raider having never played the games or seen the previous movies. But I'm assuming it's basically a female Indiana Jones. I'm down for that and I like Vikander. Though the trailer doesn't do much for me and seems almost like a Fast and Furious meets Indiana Jones with a bit of Batman thrown in.

Visually it looks to be based heavily on the reboot 2013 game. Which may be a good thing because that game was fantastic. I'm trying to think what kind of movie that game would translate to. Not exactly like Indiana Jones, maybe more like Rambo in 'First Blood'.

It sounds like the trailer music is sampling this Kills track...

tmp_3qW47k_fdc24fbb284050cd_117_Halloween_LA_10MB.jpg

The new Halloween movie is bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis, as Laurie Strode.  For those keeping score at home, this will be the second time she's returned to the franchise after being written out.  Seems she's as hard to get rid of as Michael himself!

It must run in the family.

Also - can anyone else help me think of examples of a series returning to a previous continuity iteration after a reboot?  I'm struggling to think of any such deboots.  I know there were plans for a new Conan movie to bring back Arnold, but that's in development helll.

matrixgrindhouse said:
tmp_3qW47k_fdc24fbb284050cd_117_Halloween_LA_10MB.jpg

The new Halloween movie is bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis, as Laurie Strode.  For those keeping score at home, this will be the second time she's returned to the franchise after being written out.  Seems she's as hard to get rid of as Michael himself!

It must run in the family.

i thought laurie strode was killed by michael at the beginning of halloween resurrection on top of the hospital?

matrixgrindhouse said:
Also - can anyone else help me think of examples of a series returning to a previous continuity iteration after a reboot?  I'm struggling to think of any such deboots.  I know there were plans for a new Conan movie to bring back Arnold, but that's in development helll.

would evil dead count as a  deboot going back to ash williams (in ash vs the evil dead rumoured to be evil dead 4 coming soon) after the evil dead 2013 reboot(fun fact ash has a easter egg cameo in the credits after.)

gazza said:
i thought laurie strode was killed by michael at the beginning of halloween resurrection on top of the hospital?

From what I have read, this movie will be direct sequel to Halloween 1 and 2, and will ignore the rest.  I believe John Carpenter is returning also to score the film.

bionicbob said:
gazza said:
i thought laurie strode was killed by michael at the beginning of halloween resurrection on top of the hospital?

From what I have read, this movie will be direct sequel to Halloween 1 and 2, and will ignore the rest.  I believe John Carpenter is returning also to score the film.

when i first heard jamie lee was going to star i thought carpenter was going to do what wes craven did with nightmare on elm street when he made new nightmare and jamie lee might be playing herself rather than laurie her character(if you get what i mean)

And here I thought Carpenter was dead. [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/font]

@"gazza" , when making a quote, you need to make sure [/quote] is at the end of it.

Looks like you got it on the latest posts. The preview and edit function is helpful too ;)

I fixed the other missing code in your above post.

EVANGELINE LILLY at Ant-man and the Wasp set 

evangeline-lill-at-ant-man-and-the-wasp-set-in-atlanta-09-20-2017_1.jpg

Nick Park is back...

I'm detecting an Asterix vibe.

Plus more stop-motion on the way from Wes Anderson...

^ Love it when that awesome PR theme comes in on guitar. Time to replay this YouTube video :D...

LOL, I thought that the cock-rock music in the trailer was terrible.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not gonna lie, thought that looked naff..
I'm still going to love every second of it on the big screen, before never watching it again.

GIANT ROBOTS PUNCHING GIANT MONSTERS 2: GIANT ROBOTS DOIN' THE GIANT BOOGALOO

Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold
coming to DVD and Digital on January 9, 2018.
Batman joins forces with Scooby-Doo and his pals Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma after villains from both of their worlds unite to wreak havoc on the city
[font=ars-maquette-web, sans-serif]In addition to classic DC villains like Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, the movie will also feature several friendly faces, including the likes of Aquaman, Plastic Man, The Question and Martian Manhunter. The crew will also have to contend with Scooby-Doo troublemakers like Ghost Clown, Spooky Space Kook, Gentleman Ghost, and Miner 49er.[/font]

Blockers (2018)
[font=arial, sans-serif]6 April 2018 [/font](USA)
[font=arial, sans-serif]Lisa, Hunter and Mitchell learn that their teenage daughters plan to lose their virginity on prom night. The worried parents soon embark on an all-night quest to stop the girls from sealing the deal.[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif] Starring [/font]Miles Robbins, John Cena, and Geraldine Viswanathan

DSM2337 said:
Woohoo!!!!!!

Why after watching this do I feel underwhelmed?

Could even I, a life long comic book geek, be having superhero movie fatigue?

Or is it one look at Thanos, and I groan "...another video gamey CGI badguy"?  

I am sure it will be an exciting and entertaining movie, but this trailer did not do much for me.

bionicbob said:
DSM2337 said:
Woohoo!!!!!!

Why after watching this do I feel underwhelmed?

Could even I, a life long comic book geek, be having superhero movie fatigue?

Or is it one look at Thanos, and I groan "...another video gamey CGI badguy"?  

I am sure it will be an exciting and entertaining movie, but this trailer did not do much for me.

Dunno about you but I'm definitely feeling superhero fatigue. Most of them are just pretty good. It takes more than just being good to impress me now with these films, as there is such a saturation of them.

Do you think there will be a superhero film crash similar to that of the western? Seems like we're going that way with the Logan/Deadpool Post-Superhero deconstructions now coming out.

Back
Top Bottom