• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 Movies

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Anyone else excited for Annhilation? I don’t know anything about the source material, but Garland’s last movie, Ex Machina, was one of the best recent movies of its genre in my opinion. It seems to be getting good reviews, though I’m not reading too closely so as to avoid spoilers. [/font]

[size=medium][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]

Moe_Syzlak said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Anyone else excited for Annhilation? I don’t know anything about the source material, but Garland’s last movie, Ex Machina, was one of the best recent movies of its genre in my opinion. It seems to be getting good reviews, though I’m not reading too closely so as to avoid spoilers. [/font]

[size=medium][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]

I think this is going straight to Netflix in the uk isn't it last I heard.

Im excited to see it too after the excellent Ex Machina and Garlands previous involvments none of which have really disappointed.

ex machina was brilliant.
check out @"thecuddlyninja"'s turing test, an excellent tweak of the film.

I'm excited for Annhilation. I'll probably check it out next week.

I was hoping to get to Black Panther this weekend but it's still sold out everywhere so this is my backup.

ssj said:

"MORE DANCING"

Sold... Personally, I don't mind the religious references in it because it's a film literally about creating life. But I'm not too displeased if it means more dancing

Zamros said:
ssj said:

"MORE DANCING"

Sold... Personally, I don't mind the religious references in it because it's a film literally about creating life. But I'm not too displeased if it means more dancing

Personally, I think it's all there but I just snipped some of the real overt lines. Not because they struck me as unrealistic but because it tips the character a bit too soon IMO.

The more dancing the better, though!

thecuddlyninja said:

Until Last Impressions gets his hands on it :)

Sinbad said:
thecuddlyninja said:

Until Last Impressions gets his hands on it :)

Hahahaha touché

I haven't read the book but I'm very excited for Annihilation. Seems like it was dumped by the studio but it could be because Didi'ss don't get heady sci-fi. That's what I'm hoping for.

Just saw annihilation.. amazing that’s all I’ll say

Another Tomb Raider poster that looks weirdly phtoshopped, or it just her neck, or my eyes?

affiche-tomb-raider-2018-2.jpg

I loved “Ex Machina” and it is probably one of my favourite films, up there with “We All Loved Each Other So Much” and “Following” et al.  The trailer for “Annihilation” isn’t excellent, in my opinion, but I’m looking forward to it on a trust Garland basis. :D  Furthermore, the reviews are excellent, so the hype is real!

TM2YC said:
Another Tomb Raider poster that looks weirdly phtoshopped, or it just her neck, or my eyes?

Yep not just you the features of the face look like they were pulled from a different image

asterixsmeagol said:
I was hoping to get to Black Panther this weekend but it's still sold out everywhere so this is my backup.

Well I had a productive weekend at the theater. I went to see Annihilation on Friday night and Black Panther at an early morning show yesterday. I'm also going to be heading to a special screening of 1982's The Dark Crystal this afternoon.

I liked Annihilation a lot. The only thing I would have change would be to trim the last 5 seconds.
Lena: Are you Kane?
"Kane": I don't think so. Are you Lena?
Lena: [thinking]
[Credits]

I wasn't really enjoying Black Panther that much for the first hour, but once
Killmonger shows up in Wakanda and they flash back to T'Chaka with N'Jobu and Zuri

I was a lot more engaged. I felt it was a little too long but I'm not sure what I would have cut except for maybe trimming down some of the action scenes. The action was all well done, I'm just not a big fan of long segments like that.

I didn’t care for black panther much, it’s not bad but it’s not really good either

TK251 said:
I didn’t care for black panther much, it’s not bad but it’s not really good either

Same here. It had a lot of interesting themes that they introduced but I felt as if all of them were too underwritten and nothing was fleshed out enough. KillMonger was a great villain and the one thing the movie really nailed in my opinion.

Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero reunite for an epic TWO-VOLUME film. Written by Greg and directed by Some Other Guy.

Fathom Events will show Best F(r)iends in theaters for two nights only, with Volume One on March 30 and April 2, 2018, and Volume Two on June 1 and June 4, 2018.

Back
Top Bottom