• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 Movies

batman ninja anime movie released 12 january 2018

This is a really thing?!?! Amazing. :D

If I was being picky... it's looking much more like "Batman Samurai" to me.

alita: battle angel

not sure how i feel about them giving alita "anime" eyes

I can't put my finger on why but this is looking generic and uninspiring compared to the original:

TM2YC said:
I can't put my finger on why but this is looking generic and uninspiring compared to the original:

Imho i think it looks like  a overpriced  toy commercial  Trying to cram in as many different variants  they can to as many demographics as possible.the original movie gave fans a enjoyable kaiju movie but angered some fans with the forced love story rather than  a revenge survival slugfest. It did have racial sterotypes and tropes but this second installment seem to ramp up the sterotypes to 11. I enjoyed the kaiju vs jeager in the original but the sequel seems to have more jeager vs jeager and human vs human which might put off some people from going to see it .Only time will tell whether this will be as enjoyable as the first was

Thank goodness, the Good Doctor loves Early Man. Time to put it up there with Infinity War, Solo, Ant-Man and The Wasp, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix as one of the year's most anticipated movies!

^ I was 100% going to see it anyway because=Aardman but nice to know.

Looks like they are going to be having lots of silly fun with the big/small thing. Looks maybe bigger budget too? Love the film's bold logo by the way.

Molly’s Game
Acclaimed screenwriter Aaron Sorkin's Directing debut... let's not let him do that again! ;)  A disjointed mixture of over-cooked and over-stylized motor-mouth musical montages and predictably well written but flatly directed dialogue scenes. Jessica Chastain is fantastic as per usual. The last act features some surprisingly lazy writing when a character has no reason to logically appear, to the point that I initially thought it was a hallucination. I was expecting a lot because this followed up Sorkin's superb 'Steve Jobs' but that had Danny Boyle at the helm.

I'd listened to a good in-depth interview with the real Molly Bloom the other week, where she told some shocking stories about the rich and entitled Hollywood a**holes she'd encountered. So it was disappointing to discover that the film had "changed all the names to protect the (not at all) innocent" and even toned down their awful behaviour. So in the film "Player X" tries to ruin Molly's life and career because of an argument about a legal technicality but in the real-life situation, it was Tobey Maguire who tried to ruin Molly after he wanted to humiliate her by demanding she "bark like a seal" for a big tip. So this makes the film timely with the recent revelations in Hollywood but also mistimed given the mood for truth telling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05rqkfj

TM2YC said:
Molly’s Game
Acclaimed screenwriter Aaron Sorkin's Directing debut... let's not let him do that again! ;) 

Fine with me! Y'know, Sorkin got the rights to a book about (John Kerry's running mate) Jon Edwards back in 2010, and said it'd be his directorial debut. Instead, we just got this directorial debut, a real-life story about... a Hollywood poker games leader. Two hours and twenty minutes of Hollywood poker game drama. Uh... great, Aaron. Thanks so much. It's just what I wanteded for Christmas. You've gone from the Afghan anti-Soviet insurgency and Facebook to the Oakland A's to Steve Jobs' ego and Hollywood poker games. (And don't get me wrong, Moneyball is a great sports movie, but one of those was enough.)

What with Edwards' outspoken populism, folksy charm, and sexual recklessness, however, now is perhaps the perfect time for Sorkin to do that story, as a leftist mirror/harbinger of Trump, much like Charlie Wilson's War is about a harbinger of the Taliban/al-Qaeda and 9/11. Especially now that Obama, Edwards' rival for the 2008 nomination, has left office, so that chapter of history is now well and truly closed. Get back on it, Mr. Sorkin! :p

AV Club burn master Ignatiy Vishnevetsky sets his sights on The Cloverfiel Paradox:

Untitled.jpg

:D

^ If its already on the netflix, how long till dvd?
Also, did you see it yet?

Im super excited .no long to go now before the cable/deadpool/dominio /teamup

I kind of like the first Deadpool (although one joke every 30 seconds kills a bit the fun to me) but I really don't care for a sequel.
No matter how they present superheros movies to me now, I feel like they all look like expensive wrestling matches. It's certainly unfair, beause one day or the other I'm watching them on streaming and I can still enjoy the entertainment value of some of them, but I'm never "hyped" anymore to buy me a ticket. I'm basicaly watching those movies like a TV-Series. When I have the time.

Phantom Thread (2018)
Beautifully shot, probably the best looking film all year. It's reassuring that films can still look this good in 2018. Since Paul Thomas Anderson acted as his own Cinematographer (uncredited), it's not even nominated for any major awards on a technicality, while other films that IMO looked like total toilet are (Sigh).  Stellar performances from Lesley Manville and Vicky Krieps are almost in danger of outshining Daniel Day-Lewis. Reasonably pretentious, slow paced and not a little weird (all in a good way). I'm not really sure what it was about, or what one is supposed to take away from it but I'm very glad I did see it... and on the big screen where it commands full attention.

Back
Top Bottom