• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

2017 Movies

TM2YC said:
Potentially the greatest/worst film ever made...

David Ayer directs Cop/Orc buddy movie.

David Ayer's filmography is a bit like Star Trek, in that it seems to alternate in terms of quality.

Harsh Times (2005) IMDB 6.9 MC 56 RT 48% (Wrote and Directed)
Street Kings (2008) IMDB 6.8 MC 55 RT 36% (Directed)
End of Watch (2012) IMDB 7.7 MC 68 RT 85% (Wrote and Directed)
Sabotage (2014) IMDB 5.7 MC 41 RT 20% (Wrote and Directed)
Fury (2014) IMDB 7.6 MC 64 RT 77% (Wrote and Directed)
Suicide Squad (2016) IMDB 6.2 MC 40 RT 25% (Wrote and Directed)

With Bright (Directed, Written by Max Landis), the Scarface remake (Wrote and Directed by Ayer) and Gotham City Sirens in the pipeline. At least one of them should be good? Right?

Outside of Documentaries, Netflix's track record with movies (With the exception of Beasts of No Nation) has been less than stellar. I'm not holding out much hope for Bright...

The only good part in the Pirates of the Caribbean Movie was ripped straight out of Fast Five. I wish I were kidding...

This new "International" trailer for 'Atomic Blonde' was playing in front of 'Baby Driver' and sounded/looked great. It's soooo much better put together than the other trailers and teasers I've seen (It was weirdly hard to find this version on youtube)...

I looking forward to seeing the Berlin Wall era setting. Kraftwerk, Bowie, Iggy Pop etc on the soundtrack maybe? (Hasselhoff?)

kelly_driver.jpg

Speaking of 'Baby Driver' and good soundtracks... yeah it's definitely worth the glowing reviews. Without spoiling anything ... it's like all the best bits of 'Drive' and 'True Romance'. Very clever and well written script. 35mm anamorphic photography looks beautiful and well graded. Easily goes up there with the best ever car-chases in movies. Soundtrack first class, it features 'Hocus Pocus' by Focus, nuff said. Jamie Foxx steals the show, I've never seen him be this good.

Go see it on the big screen with even bigger speakers :D .

Damn, my local cinema is literally only showing Wonder Woman and Transformers.

Need to find somewhere showing Baby Driver, Edgar Wright deserves all of the money

From I review I saw of the latest Transformers movie:

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]It’s[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] as [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]if Ridley Scott and James Cameron had a sci-fi symposium and then gave director Mich[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ael[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] Bay all their worst ideas, duct-taped toget[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]h[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]er[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif].[/font]

[align=center]

Goodbye Christopher Robin.​

There is rarely a reason for me to go to the cinema, but this movie looks like it will have me there easily.​

DigModiFicaTion said:

Well that's disappointing. Each year I become more and more disappointed with what is being released at theaters. I only go 2-3 times a year these days, way down from my college days in the late '90's where it was 3-4 a month.

I'm not sure anybody thinks this is a good idea but it's coming out next month anyway...

This isn't as good as the last Led Zep trailer (obviously) but it's still a damn fine promo...

Love the Carpenter-esque synth track used...

Kinda wish that was going to be the actual score, it'd give the movie a different feel to the rest of the MCU.

'Bright' looks like it just might be brilliant, in the way that only an Orc/Human buddy cop movie can be...

"...we're putting together a team." Wow they really improved the look of Justice League......oh wait...

They really tried to make that look like Guardians of the Galaxy didn't they? How much do you want to bet Loki ends up in chains again after this movie?

I think Thor Ragnarok looks like a barrel of fun. Glad they're giving focus to some new characters. 
But yeah, this one definitely has more of a Guardians feel and I could do with less Loki. I'd rather know what's up with Odin.

And Bright was a script by Max Landis. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The guy seems like an arrogant jerk but I absolutely love his writing and will probably see anything he makes. Like Dan Harmon (Community, Rick and Morty, Harmon Quest). 
Bright apparently came from the idea that most stories told in fantasy worlds are told in those worlds' middle ages, so he wanted to do a story in a fantasy world's present day. Most of his concepts have that kind of twist on the familiar and I really enjoy them.

TM2YC said:
I'm not sure anybody thinks this is a good idea but it's coming out next month anyway...

ThrowgnCpr said:
lol. pass.

I'm starting to change my earlier knee-jerk and dubious opinion of this project. The usually highbrow 'Sight & Sound' magazine just gave it a glowing review and made it sound very interesting.  The Director was born in Morrissey's neck of the woods so should have a feel for the subject. The film won't be about The Smiths (as that trailer would kinda like you to believe) it'll be about young pre-Smiths Moz walking around rainy streets.

Because it happened to be on at a cinema I was passing, in a spot in the day where I was between things I watched 'It comes at Night' without knowing anything about it. That was lucky, as the film reveals itself slowly and that uncertainty is where a lot of the tension is created. It's a low-budget hyper-paranoid psychological post-apocalyptic zombie(sorta) horror-thriller starring Joel Edgerton (The dude picks some great projects... after the initial SW:ROTS mistake :D ).

Here is the trailer but don't actually watch it, just go see the film knowing nothing, like I did...

batmanvstwoface.jpg

Batman vs Two-Face
Featuring Adam West, Burt Ward & William Shatner

[align=center]

The Death of Stalin

Yay, the first trailer is here:
I've been waiting for this movie to come. The graphic novel was great, and by the look of it, it'll capture its dark/twisted humor. And just look at the wonderful cast :).

There are still a few months to go but Kathryn Bigelow's 'Detroit' might be my film of the year (by a huge margin).

The kind of film where everybody in the cinema sits there in stunned silence at the end, trying to come to terms with what they just witnessed. Will Poulter is truly terrifying. Algee Smith is the soul of the movie with his beautiful Motown singing (future star). John Boyega isn't in it as much as the poster wants you to believe but he is terrific with few lines and the performance all in his facial expressions. The cinematography and grading look like a proper movie, which is intercut with the real factual 16mm/8mm news footage (at the proper AR). A finely crafted script where you can tell every scene was there for a reason.

If I had to make one nitpick... the middle third is sustained at such a level of gut-wrenching/nail-biting intensity that the rest of the film felt almost like an epilogue. Even though the last part has some of the strongest scenes and writing. Watching a truly shocking film about race riots in the US and then you come out of the theater to find out what happened in Charlottesville. The film could not be more timely.

Also went to see a totally different beast with Luc Besson's 'Valerian'. One of the most visually stunning, imaginative, magical movie experiences you are likely to see. Every inch of the frame is stuffed with dazzling images and sci-fi concepts more inventive than the last.

However, the two leads let it down badly. Cara Delevingne's performance is okay but she looks too slight to be the kind of ass kicking warrior her character is portrayed to be. If she'd been shown the whole movie in the thick spacesuit/bodyarmour you'd buy it but that's not how she is introduced. Dane DeHaan on the other hand is horribly miscast. His character is clearly supposed to be your cheeky but lovable Starlord type hero. In the first scene he even says something like "I'm irresistibly handsome" out loud to the audience. Not because his character is supposed to be deluded, he's just supposed to be stating a fact. He is written as a heartthrob with an intergalactic reputation as a notorious ladies man. If Valerian was supposed to be a thin, pallid heroin addict then nobody would have been better than DeHaan. I don't want to be insulting to the guy, but some people are character actors and some people are movie stars.

Even with that massive central flaw, the film is a delightful and bonkers ride. If you told me they had spent a billion pounds on this, I'd still say every penny was on the screen. I guarantee you will see weird alien things that you've never seen before on the screen and have a fun time.

II just stumbled upon the trailer for The Snowman. A serial killer flick starring Fasbender and directed by the director of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Let the Right One In? Yes please!

Welp... Death Note was utter shite. Don't waste your time, just watch the anime.

Zamros said:
Welp... Death Note was utter shite. Don't waste your time, just watch the anime.

Or watch the 2006 version!

Back
Top Bottom