• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

WW : The Excellent Adventure Edit

How close to done are you Wake? Want to rewatch this, but have no desire for the theatrical cut.

How close to done are you Wake? Want to rewatch this, but have no desire for the theatrical cut.
For what I know, edit is pretty much 100% finished and release will happen in a few days. I've had the honor of watching a preview version that was 99.9% done. And it is AWESOME.

Imagine if Bill & Ted went back to 1984 so we can see a full-on crossover with the DCEU. That would really be something! :)

Sorry for the delay in responding, Its done!!! Releasing in this weekend's batch!

Imagine if Bill & Ted went back to 1984 so we can see a full-on crossover with the DCEU. That would really be something! :)
Ha ha I thought briefly about trying to rotoscope them in the background somewhere in the Mall or other similar scenes they might cross paths with!

"Max, dude, you're being bogus! Everybody around the world, renounce your wish, dudes! And be excellent to each other!"
Ha ha Damnit now I wanna find Bill and Ted wishing for something from one of their movies and somehow insert them into the finale!

Woo hoo! Today is the release date! Time to officially set this baby free!

I was away last week and gave it another review, and found a couple more opportunities to polish the audio, so spent the day with one more revision, one more deep review, and it is good to go!

@Dwight Fry, I'll send you the link to the new final version for your library. @revel911 and @Starkillerboss, I will also get you link via PM.

Thank you everyone who provided feedback and motivation. The result turned out far better than I thought it would! Wow, what a ride! 80s Metal rocks.

Woo hoo! Today is the release date! Time to officially set this baby free!

I was away last week and gave it another review, and found a couple more opportunities to polish the audio, so spent the day with one more revision, one more deep review, and it is good to go!

@Dwight Fry, I'll send you the link to the new final version for your library. @revel911 and @Starkillerboss, I will also get you link via PM.

Thank you everyone who provided feedback and motivation. The result turned out far better than I thought it would! Wow, what a ride! 80s Metal rocks.
I'm totally down to viewing this tomorrow, so keep me well supplied for then! ;)

Thank you so much @VERsingthegamez and @TinyBreadMouse for my first reviews! Awesome to know the narrative worked, even if I tend to be heavy-handed with my cuts! I think its my MO lately. And considering HOW MUCH work went into the audio, I am very pleased that part is going over so well for the most part.

I will definitely be releasing the "UNSCORED" workprint version very soon as well, though, for interested editors.

I still need to leave my review, but gotta say that while the return of Steve scene may indeed not have the best flow from a cinematic standpoint, given that you had to work miracles to cut around Vessel Guy, the result is a remarkable achievement in editing. I doubt it can be cut in a better way than how you did it.

As someone who struggles to find ways to cut around poorly written scenes, I thought it was very well done. Nothing that would stop me from recommending it to someone looking for a WW84 cut.

Thank you @gilhodges for the wonderful and honest review! I appreciate the nods to the positives in spite of the movie still not being great popcorn flick overall! As always with many of my edits (movies I really WANTED to love but disappointed me immensely), I can only polish a turd so much LOL. I'm good with that - its kinda my genre, and not all will work for everyone. And I know you are always a fan of my edits! You always understand my intentions!

Some other responses I have gotten are that while I made the movie WAY better, its still not a great movie - a 2/10 movie became a 4/10 movie. I anticipate this edit will be like my Suicide Squad edit - definitely better and awesome if someone really wants to rewatch the whole DCEU including the worst movies, but still not great movie on its own.

But to be honest, after reviewing this edit probably over 100 times for both technical aspects and narrative, I probably don't see this movie from an outsider anymore. The fact that I kinda like it now probably means I've grown way to close to this one. Remember editors, don't make leg babies!

What's next, Keo? :)
Nothing urgent for the moment! I have a couple possible fanmix edits I need to get back to tinkering with, but looking forward to a break - my back needs to recuperate. When I get deep into an edit like this, I go from working in a chair, then to editing in a chair for ungodly hours at a time.

• Pro-tip fellow editors and anyone really: get up and walk around at least once an hour. And breathe with your diaphragm sometimes. Sounds dumb but hopefully you'll never realize what you are saving yourself from! From licensed physical therapist!

As long as DCEU doesn't put out any more crap for a few months, I should be relatively unburdened LOL but you never know when inspiration hits! Thanks for asking!

Thank you @Dwight Fry, @zxq48 and @Last Impressions for the kind reviews! I am humbled by so many quick and great feedback. I was doubting myself on an edit with SO many changes - I wondered if many of the songs might resonate more with me than others simply because of my personal nostalgia. But its great to hear that I didn't ruin it LOL

Definitely motivating as a faneditor! Thank you!

Personally I use Plex to watch edits, and all my blurays get ripped then stored away out of sight, so I never had much use for box covers.

But after some gentle prodding from the legendary @lapis molari that "great edits deserve great covers", I couldn't possibly say no. With Lapis's consulting and great feedback, here is the final mockup for the cover art!

TspJhNl.jpg

I'm not sure how much actual desire there is to print a DVD or Bluray version, but if you would like to, just PM me!

And again, thank you all to the amazing response to this edit. I couldn't have done it without this community!

That's a scary sentence lol. How on Earth do you have that much (digital) storage space?
LOL
With my work, I need to work off an external hard drive daily, I use the seagate 4gb ones. Each year I replace the drive to ensure I don't have failures, so each year I have a bunch of new space to store my working files for my edits.

As for Plex, I have to manage movies on the 2tb of space I have there. I am already maxed there, so I sometimes rip lower size files for keepers. Its an old laptop I run for Plex, but it allows me to quickly watch my ITW edits on all my devices.

But overall, yeah, Seagate 4tb drives FTW.

Asking the important questions, though: why is this thread still In-The-Works?

Back
Top Bottom