• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

WW : The Excellent Adventure Edit

Vegas is cool. Being very well versed in Adobe since there has been Adobe, its natural for me. Photoshop/Lightroom/After Effects has been my friend for many years.
The moment I find an NLE that has the ease of audio editing that Vegas Pro does I might consider moving from Vegas, but I've never found anything close to the interface.

I'm always intrigued by editors that can pull off this score replacement. Rooting for you @Wakeupkeo !

The moment I find an NLE that has the ease of audio editing that Vegas Pro does I might consider moving from Vegas, but I've never found anything close to the interface.

I'm always intrigued by editors that can pull off this score replacement. Rooting for you @Wakeupkeo !
I was quoting you from several years ago when I said, "all the cool kids use Adobe." You said that about Vegas which I was trying out at the time. 😅

Huge shout out to @Dwight Fry for some amazing color editing on this one. They really brought out the vibrancy of the 80s in a way that energizes this edit. I know it was a painstaking effort, and I am not sure how long it eventually took, but I know it wasn't easy and it was far beyond was I was able to pull off myself.

I can't thank you enough for helping this edit!

That trailer was awesome, I'm so hyped! I'm one of the few people who liked WW84 well enough, but it's definitely not sacred to me by any means and I gotta say that this edit looks like a lot of fun.

Huge shout out to @Dwight Fry for some amazing color editing on this one. They really brought out the vibrancy of the 80s in a way that energizes this edit. I know it was a painstaking effort, and I am not sure how long it eventually took, but I know it wasn't easy and it was far beyond was I was able to pull off myself.

I can't thank you enough for helping this edit!
My pleasure! I learned a lot doing it. I started from a match color correction, then I did some manual tweaks. The result was overly yellow, but you fixed that and made it work. Next time I'll try the Malthus method, seems to give much better results from the start!

Replacing the newspapers with Diana's deeds throughout history is a stroke of genius! Are you still going to keep the dessert action scene, even though a lot of people say it's pointless?

Are you still going to keep the dessert action scene, even though a lot of people say it's pointless?
Thanks Nic!

I agree the desert action scene is crap pointless, and the CGI is SOOO bad. My initial run pulled it completely, but the scene as a whole is another example where Diana gets hurt, and there are a ton of plot points that break without her in Egypt.
So we still keep it, but its much shorter - once Diana gets shot and is trapped under the truck, Steve takes control of the tank(?) shooting her, and the chase ends with Max getting away.

No lasso bullet catch, no truck flipping, and definitely no saving kids riding a rocket. That crap was ridiculous! I'll admit its not a perfect solution, but I think it works well!

I agree the desert action scene is crap pointless, and the CGI is SOOO bad. My initial run pulled it completely, but the scene as a whole is another example where Diana gets hurt, and there are a ton of plot points that break without her in Egypt.
So we still keep it, but its much shorter - once Diana gets shot and is trapped under the truck, Steve takes control of the tank(?) shooting her, and the chase ends with Max getting away.

No lasso bullet catch, no truck flipping, and definitely no saving kids riding a rocket. That crap was ridiculous! I'll admit its not a perfect solution, but I think it works well!
How seamless did you manage to make the cuts in this sequence alone, for example? 🤔

Thanks Nic!

There's also the aspect that, while this film has a lot of Diana, it has precious little Wonder Woman, and that scene is the first time we see her in costume and in action since the opening at the mall. So trimming it rather than completely removing it was the right choice.

How seamless did you manage to make the cuts in this sequence alone, for example? 🤔
As someone who has seen a workprint of this, I can report it's 100% seamless.

There's also the aspect that, while this film has a lot of Diana, it has precious little Wonder Woman, and that scene is the first time we see her in costume and in action since the opening at the mall. So trimming it rather than completely removing it was the right choice.
I didn't realise WW84 had less Wonder Woman than WW18. 😧
As someone who has seen a workprint of this, I can report it's 100% seamless.
That's reassuring. I own the film on official Blu-ray, and even rented it for a time on Prime Video, and I'll be sure to check this edit out when I can. I guess I should consider myself lucky I never saw this in cinemas back in December. With me being in the depressed mood I was at the time, and the general consensus surrounding the film, I reckon I would have been let down beyond belief! 😉

That's reassuring. I own the film on official Blu-ray, and even rented it for a time on Prime Video, and I'll be sure to check this edit out when I can. I guess I should consider myself lucky I never saw this in cinemas back in December. With me being in the depressed mood I was at the time, and the general consensus surrounding the film, I reckon I would have been let down beyond belief! 😉
I liked the official cut. But this edit has already become my preferred version.

I liked the official cut. But this edit has already become my preferred version.
I didn't think much of the official cut after my first viewing. I can understand why many critics and fans alike were disappointed by its execution, and the fact that Maxwell Lord gets off scot-free does rub me the wrong way, to be completely honest. If they're planning on bringing Pedro Pascal back in the suit and tie for another entry in the DCEU, I'd hate to imagine how his redemption arc will play out. But at least Zack Snyder's Justice League and The Suicide Squad have restored my faith in the franchise going forward, and I am certainly looking forward to checking out The Batman and The Flash next year based on the information I've managed to gather on both projects so far. 😁

Hi @motleycat Enterprises inc !

Thanks for the interest! I think this will "feel even better" in the context of the whole edit, so please be kind, but here is "The Desert Action Scene!"
Don't watch if you would rather enjoy it in the edit, but if you need assurance of quality, hopefully this will suffice!
I just viewed the clip with my new headphones and the edits are nothing short of seamless. Whatever song you used for this sequence works surprisingly well and the lengths you took to clean up the dialogue and sound effects help the scene stand out on its own as a highlight of the edit. :)

Care to show some colour comparisons between this and the official release? I trust Mr. Fry has done a bang-on job of breathing new life into the cinematography. ^^

I'm about to head out on a work trip but I will try to find a good comparison sometime. Its very subtle, but the colors are warmer and more natural looking, slight less green hue.

The editing in the clip is superb and it works really well. Admittedly I watched it on my phone, but the song, while a great choice, seemed to play a little loud, at least at the start- I thought the vocals coming in made me have to strain to hear the dialogue. However, otherwise, excellent work.

Back
Top Bottom