• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wonder Woman

bionicbob said:
Wonder Woman VS Wolverine!!! 

Battle starts at the 4 minute mark.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR0pREAUzaQ[/video]

Amazing costume work!!!

The ending was missing a certain something...

terminator_t2_judgment_day_thumbs_up_01-590x251.jpg

TM2YC said:
The ending was missing a certain something...

terminator_t2_judgment_day_thumbs_up_01-590x251.jpg

Bwah ha ha ha ha hee hee ho ho ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :p :)

I really don't know why so many people online seem convinced this will be a good to great flick based on "amazing trailers" that feature par-for-the-course action moves with a few equally passable quips. Many further fervently believe this will finally give us an "optimistic and uplifting" DCEU superhero, in the midst of a senseless war that apparently caused her to give up on humanity for a full century or so. (Did I mention that the story was co-written by Snyder in addition to playing in his ballpark?) Granted, I have nothing to say against Patty Jenkins or Geoff Johns, but Martin Campbell is a fine director, and he made Green Lantern, so mere proficiency and professionalism aren't causes for wild hope in of themselves.

Though I admit to being biased against the DCEU, and am entirely open to seeing it crash and burn once Justice League comes out and gets its ass kicked by Thor: Ragnarok two weeks prior, I do hope this will be a legitimately good flick, even if I do find all the fawning over the trailers irritating. Said trailers are just fine, no better and no worse. :p

Personally I'm just excited for the movie because of the time period and to see Wonder Woman finally have her own film.  I'm definitely more of a DC guy and I've been very disappointed with what we've gotten so far, but I just try to be happy we have something as opposed to nothing.  The Justice League and Unlimited series still holds up well and I'm sure I'll be revisiting them when the big movie comes out.

musiced921 said:
Personally I'm just excited for the movie because of the time period and to see Wonder Woman finally have her own film.  I'm definitely more of a DC guy and I've been very disappointed with what we've gotten so far, but I just try to be happy we have something as opposed to nothing.  The Justice League and Unlimited series still holds up well and I'm sure I'll be revisiting them when the big movie comes out.
Heck, it totally makes sense to have that reaction; I love the idea of Wonder Woman fighting in WWI. I've been saying for a while, what is the point of me watching DCEU when I have 14 years of show that handles it better, but, to expand on that and because I need to know, don't we already have a Wonder Woman movie that's well liked? (Seriously though, is it well liked? I've seen some sites claim that it's the best one and some people claim it is the worse one.) Isn't that movie also going to get a sequel soon. Do we really need these table scraps when we already have full meals?
 Heck, so far, every single DCU movie has been an inferior version of an older one: Man of Steel is pretty much a less focused version of Superman I and II, Batman V Superman is a longer, worsely paced version of The Dark Knight Returns and Superman Doomsday, and Suicide Squad is a poorly editted and poorly paced version of Batman: Assault on Arkham.
What's the point of seeing worse versions of movies that have already been adapted well? Why are people asking for a universe dependent Red Hood movie when we already have a practically perfect, standalone adaptation of Red Hood (with a fan edit that makes it even better)? Why are people asking for Justice League when we already have successful Justice League movies? Why are people not going to the proven product instead of the eternally disproven ones?

Why are people not going to the proven product instead of the eternally disproven ones?
Animation stigma. 

Americans don't take animation seriously, as a general rule. On an individual basis, that may be different, but I'm generalizing.

addiesin said:
Why are people not going to the proven product instead of the eternally disproven ones?
Animation stigma. 

Americans don't take animation seriously, as a general rule. On an individual basis, that may be different, but I'm generalizing.

So true!  My wife is into superhero movies, but she can't seem to get herself into the animated ones.  She in general loves a good Pixar/Dreamworks animated film, but getting her to watch even a 20 minute Superman The Animated Series is impossible.

addiesin said:
Animation stigma. 

Very true, but you'd think self proclaimed DC fans would actually be watching them and refering to them as great adaptations instead of saying things like... "Batman V Superman is one of the best adaptations of comics ever, because Dark Knight Returns and if you don't love it you're not a fan" or "I love Suicide Squad because I love the characters, and just seeing them onscreen is enough; stop being sheeple."

Zaphero said:
Very true, but you'd think self proclaimed DC fans would actually be watching them and refering to them as great adaptations instead of saying things like... "Batman V Superman is one of the best adaptations of comics ever, because Dark Knight Returns and if you don't love it you're not a fan" or "I love Suicide Squad because I love the characters, and just seeing them onscreen is enough; stop being sheeple."

No, because self-proclaimed fans of a single franchise who take pride in not being fans of any other franchises are simply brand loyalists. It's no different from people who rush out to buy the new Apple phone despite Android being a cheaper, better option for most people. It's no different from people who pre-order video games or whole systems and then complain about being ripped off by No Man's Sky. It's not even that different from drug addicts rushing out to purchase their fix as soon as they can despite knowing they're throwing their lives away. Or people who waste time on political or religious arguments. You can't show them sense. You can only set your own example and wait for them to find their own sense. Most will not, so the best thing to do is leave them alone and live YOUR life, do what you want, and like what you like. 

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
-K, Tommy Lee Jones' character, Men In Black

New trailer dropped called "Origin"...

It doesn't reveal anything more about the general plot but fills in some of the background of WW's character. Again it looks good and has some genuine LOLs this time (Loved the London gag).

The poster used in that thumbnail is pretty great.

C6lAwTsU0AI_NCM.jpg

So, here's a rather well-thought out educated guess:

Hopefully, if that's the case, those overtones can be edited out.

Interesting video essay on the cultural origins of WW, with excellent animated graphics featuring lots of hi-res comic artwork...

Most awesome poster ever? Could be. :D 

DAZjbLuVYAA6wW0.jpg

That poster is phenomenal. I really hope this one can be good. I'll be lucky enough to get to see it this weekend at a veteran's film festival.

hope snyder breaks his suck streak with WW.

doh! totally seniled out. thanks, hbenthow.

Back
Top Bottom