• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wonder Woman

Right, right, @"addiesin", but let alone the aesthetic, which is very similar, each director can bring its own onto each film, and this will allow for Zack Snyder’s films to be, you know…actually Zack Snyder’s and not the studio’s (I am using this as an example since what we were given in theaters was very different from the original work, but we were given the director’s cut nonetheless), and Patty Jenkins’ film or films to be hers.

I don't know what you're trying to say. Do you agree or disagree? 

Reiterating:The films have the same aesthetic. WB's fingers are so far up in those films the directors should consider calling for an adult. Snyder's BvS extended edition is not a director's cut, but was released only after the theatrical edition got a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than Batman and Robin because of how butchered it was. They hire cooks(directors) with vision and talent and then can't stop messing with their recipes. 

I'm saying they will likely continue until they lose some big money, which will IMO be fairly soon. Mainstream audiences will get annoyed with spending money on A.D.H.D. grimdark mope-fest movies pretty quick when the studio making the movies keeps calling them stupid for not liking them, and meanwhile, there's Marvel, still riding strong with a fun series that makes almost a billion per film on average, regardless of character popularity. Am I hyperbolizing? Of course. But to deny that they're doing the same thing over and over (or to think such a plan is sustainable) is just ignorant.

Great trailer. Cautiously excited for WW!
Nice secretary joke at the end, particularly as its the actress from the Office... who played a secretary. I remember watching the making of where she said she didn't want to get typecast playing a secretary. Lol.

addiesin said:
I don't know what you're trying to say. Do you agree or disagree? 

Reiterating:The films have the same aesthetic. WB's fingers are so far up in those films the directors should consider calling for an adult. Snyder's BvS extended edition is not a director's cut, but was released only after the theatrical edition got a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than Batman and Robin because of how butchered it was. They hire cooks(directors) with vision and talent and then can't stop messing with their recipes. 

I'm saying they will likely continue until they lose some big money, which will IMO be fairly soon. Mainstream audiences will get annoyed with spending money on A.D.H.D. grimdark mope-fest movies pretty quick when the studio making the movies keeps calling them stupid for not liking them, and meanwhile, there's Marvel, still riding strong with a fun series that makes almost a billion per film on average, regardless of character popularity. Am I hyperbolizing? Of course. But to deny that they're doing the same thing over and over (or to think such a plan is sustainable) is just ignorant.

Oh, absolutely, I agree on everything, I was only saying that I hope they will continue on the autheur theory they have been talking about since the announcement of their DC ExtendedUniverse.

Color grading aside, I thought the trailer showed tremendous promise and is the first WB/DC film that I have had interest in since the colossally disappointing Man of Steel. The thing that sets this apart for me is that if the movie delivers on what the trailer promises (and as we all know that is no sure thing) then this could finally be a movie about a DC comic hero where the hero is... heroic.. and that she's an uncompromising bad-ass. It's clearly her story, and the tone revealed in the trailer is that it will continue the recent trend of strong female characters that don't need the men to come to her rescue, and quite likely the other way around. If they do this right, keep her smart, powerful, witty and HOPEFUL, then this could be the film that turns the DC film universe around for me. Also, WB's choice of director is interesting in that they actually selected someone (the 2nd time around) who brought substance to the table, unlike the trainwreck that is Zach "I hate heros" Snyder.

With regard to the costume, I think they did pretty good. It's not the pin-up that Lynda Carter wore, and it appears to have some functional use from an armor standpoint. It's still on the bit of objectifying her since it's a skirt and it's shoulderless, but given the history of her costume in print and animation which they have to take into consideration I think that this is a good balance of de-emphasizing her as a wank-fantasy and making her a powerful character who happens to be a woman.

So at this point, I'm guardedly hopeful.

^ Well said, I'd love if the film really did deliver. I am more interested in Wonder Woman (the film) than any of the other DCEU entries so far. Here's hoping they knock it out of the park.

@"L8wrtr", sir, I agree. As much as I like Zack Snyder as a director and I have liked “BvS” the second time around, I really am looking forward to “Wonder Woman”, to ‘boost’ the DC Extended Universe in a *new* direction!

L8wrtr said:
this could finally be a movie about a DC comic hero where the hero is... heroic..

And who gives up on humanity and sits out WWII, and the Cold War? Or will she get stuck in ice and frozen?  ;)

L8wrtr said:
Also, WB's choice of director is interesting in that they actually selected someone (the 2nd time around) who brought substance to the table, unlike the trainwreck that is Zach "I hate heros" Snyder.

I think Ayer has substance, and it seems he wasn't treated all that well... I'm rooting for the movie to be good, but alas, I see little cause for optimism.

Gaith said:
L8wrtr said:
this could finally be a movie about a DC comic hero where the hero is... heroic..

And who gives up on humanity and sits out WWII, and the Cold War? Or will she get stuck in ice and frozen?  ;)

I definitely hope the film addresses this but it seems like it logically would. Let's hope it's actually a good explanation, but I don't think we can say until we see.

Like I said, we are all quite familiar with trailers far exceeding the reality of their movies, and this very well could suck just as horrendously as every other DC comic film adaptation in the past eight years (possible lone exception being TDKR in 2012, and even that hit and miss). All I'm saying is that this trailer at least looks promising. Not a single frame of the BvS trailers ever looked good.. not a single frame. SS gave me hope initially but subsequent trailers made it clear it was a mess that was style without substance. 

All I have is guarded hope for this, which is far different from having expectations. By contrast, I have high expectations for Rogue One. If it's good, I won't be pleasantly surprised, it'll simply meet my expectation. If WW is good, it will be a pleasant surprise and relief, but if it's a shitshow, I won't be surprised in the slightest.

I think this is the first DC film trailer since MOS that has got me excited rather than sending a dread chill down my back. Of course, MOS was not what I hoped (hence my debut edit), so call me cautiously optimistic.

Really excited for this film after another cracking trailer.

It looks like they are going to go with the 'Wonder Woman in pre-suffrage Europe' angle... which is the most interesting part of the concept for me. This is only a trailer but the grade looks so much more colourful than other DCU films. Just by the law of averages, this DC film must be good, they can't f**k them all up?! :D

Hopefully the super slowmo bullet time stuff isn't going to be everywhere like '300' or something.

It only just occured to me that they don't need to nessarily follow the Captain America, frozen-in-ice scenario at the end. They could set all future WW films in the past and still have her in the JL series (If she is immortal or something). They'll probably won't though. Also WW1 is set in WW1 ;) .

Wow. That looked spectacular. Loved the story hints. Loved the natural humour. Loved the pathos. Shaping up to be a good one!

I genuinely liked it, I agree with most.  It looks depth and emotion-full while remaining on track and on its themes and in character.  Looking forward to it.

Canon Editor said:
It looks depth and emotion-full while remaining on track and on its themes and in character.

o8i2k.jpg

for me, this movie's watchability comes down to the babe factor.

ssj said:
for me, this movie's watchability comes down to the babe factor.

Looks like a bit more, but she is a very (very very very very very) pretty woman .....

Wonder Woman VS Wolverine!!! 

Battle starts at the 4 minute mark.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR0pREAUzaQ[/video]

Amazing costume work!!!

Back
Top Bottom