• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wonder Woman 1984: Wings of Asteria

Doesn’t the scene of her teaching herself how to fly include dialogue from their conversation in the cockpit on the way to Egypt? I thought it would be confusing without the antecedent.
Aha! So that's the reason. I'd thought that dialogue was from the first movie. :/
I don't remember it very well.

hmm that is a dilemma. I feel the movie really loses something without her learning to fly bit, and I have to be honest, the invisible jet is a big part of Wonder Woman. Perhaps there is a way it can be included then?
I have an idea to reintroduce some of the flying (to Egypt) sequence, but I’d like to avoid reintroducing plot holes I hoped to eliminate by removing it too.

Specifically, why would Diana have the security clearance required to access a hangar at all, let alone after hours?

Does the Smithsonian actually maintain functional aircraft anyway? (Beyond the scope of interpretive display.)

If so, would the aircraft be fueled and ready to fly to Cairo at the drop of a hat?

I’d feel a lot better if Diana were to explain something like she called in a favor from a friend who arranged it all, or even simply jumped a fence at the airport.

Any suggestions?
Actually.. there might be a way to work it so they gain access illegally. a single shot of a security fence with a hole cut into it would certainly be a powerful image and could possibly resolve all the issues? I'm sure that shot must exist in some movie somewhere.

edit: just looking here.. it says 'Roth Smithsonian Archives' above the door so she should have access.

edit 2: all the planes are set up to go because she asks if he wants to choose. perhaps they do air shows?

edit 3: seems like this archive is connected to a regular airport. perhaps these craft had just been flown in or something?

edit 4: ooh look, they actually have that plane on display!

Last edited:
Awesome work! Very glad to see this edit moving along at a brisk pace. Hopefully, @tremault can approve you this week?

I might be able to finish editing by the end of the week. I'm still learning while I go.

Sorry for the lack of updates folks, but good news!

This edit has been approved!!!

This editor has been an absolute pleasure to work with. I watched the editing skills grow on each version, and they addressed not only my redline notes, but much more. Also, while having to rebuild their edit from scratch, and while having Covid for part of the time.

I am proud to welcome @CriticalHitRate as an official IFDB approved editor. Great job.

huh. well there's a surprise. congrats I guess.

I guess my help is unwanted in the end.

Last edited:
Wow, please don't be offended! I was under the impression you didn't want to officially take over the approval responsibility on this one, I am so sorry if that was incorrect.

Wow, please don't be offended! I was under the impression you didn't want to officially take over the approval responsibility on this one, I am so sorry if that was incorrect.
I was just surprised because I never heard anything at all from CriticalHitrate, and ArtisDead indicated he wanted me to give my approval. I would have liked to see how my notes were responded to. If you had that impression though, there's no hard feelings, you did what you thought was best I am sure.

That was the same impression that I got. You were more than willing to help the editor get to the finish line but weren't interested in officially approving the edit or any others. Did I miss something in our private conversation?

You've been through a lot developing this edit, CHR. I didn't even know you had Covid at one point. I hope it wasn't too rough for you.

All that matters is your 17 months' of work has finally paid off! Congrats! 👏

That was the same impression that I got. You were more than willing to help the editor get to the finish line but weren't interested in officially approving the edit or any others. Did I miss something in our private conversation?
No I don't think you misunderstood, in so far as, I don't wish to have an official position of responsibility, We spoke about that earlier than your last post here when you axpressed a desire for my approval. I figured I was going to see some more progress and give a thumbs up, that's all.
Time seems to have gotten mixed up or maybe there was some crossed wires. I feel like I would have liked to give my feedback on how things were changed based on what I'd said, because it made me feel pretty respected. just now I felt like my editingknowhow is worthless, that's why I reacted like I did, but I understand that nobody meant for me to feel like that. I am sure CHR took my feedback on board and all that.

I think I made it clear that I respected your editing opinion. Perhaps, their was a misunderstanding. I did end up asking Keo to give the final approval but I guess I assumed that you would be communicating with each other. Sorry about that. Your input was very valuable to me and still is.

I think I made it clear that I respected your editing opinion. Perhaps, their was a misunderstanding. I did end up asking Keo to give the final approval but I guess I assumed that you would be communicating with each other. Sorry about that. Your input was very valuable to me and still is.
thank you for saying so, I appreciate that. yes some wires got crossed. You have certainly made it clear that you respect my editing, I get flustered sometimes, personal issues and all that. sorry for making things awkward. great job you guys. :)

thank you for saying so, I appreciate that. yes some wires got crossed. You have certainly made it clear that you respect my editing, I get flustered sometimes, personal issues and all that. sorry for making things awkward. great job you guys. :)
You are an excellent editor who certainly has an eye for what other editors may be missing. I've watched you grow as an editor which has been very rewarding. That's why I asked you to help us out more officially. Keep up the great work!!! I see you!! If you ever change your mind....😁

Last edited:
Thank you all for the encouragement, guidance, and patience. It has been a journey, but I'm super happy to be official.

I feel bad to be at the center of any misunderstandings. Being new to the community, I found myself a little bit confused by the protocol of everything - but I valued everyone's feedback and in fact implemented several of @tremault's suggestions, although I might've failed to follow up to let her know. Her comment about the potential for my edit to become her go-to version of the film motivated me perhaps more than any other.

Anyway, thank you again. You're all great in my book.

Submitted to the IFDB and ready to watch.

If you downloaded a previous version, you might want to upgrade. It's now available in 1080p and 4K flavors, both with 5.1 audio.

Back
Top Bottom