• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wonder Woman 1984: Wings of Asteria

CriticalHitRate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wonder Woman 1984: Wings of Asteria

Description​

"Wonder Woman 1984: Wings of Asteria" is a fan edit intended to be a more grounded alternative to the theatrical cut. It re-scopes the conflict to focus on events with the greatest impacts to the main characters while reducing plot holes and awkward moments. Originally released in May 2021 and updated in January 2023.

Edits​

Warning: The following list includes major spoilers.
  • Diana no longer drops the thieves after the mall heist
  • Instead of being "resurrected" into someone else's body, Steve's simply himself. Subsequent references to the other character have been removed for continuity, with one exception: He appears briefly at the end, but he’s just a random stranger.
  • The sequence in which Diana and Steve fly to Egypt has been edited to imply they’re authorized to use the plane. As a result, it’s unnecessary for the plane to be invisible.
  • Removed the subplot of the Egyptian wall. ("The King of Crude" still divides Egypt, but politically instead of literally.)
  • Removed scenes and dialogue suggesting everyone must renounce their wish in order to restore the status quo. Max renouncing the power of the Dreamstone is presumed to negate the wishes he granted with it.
  • While nuclear proliferation’s still a theme, it's less central to the plot and doesn't escalate to war
  • Steve no longer grabs the decorative sword from the wall of the White House
  • Removed the flashback to Max opening Black Gold Cooperative
  • Flashbacks to Max’s childhood have been juxtaposed with flashbacks to instances in which Max neglected Alister. He understands he abandoned Alister to the dangerous and volatile world he created, and the resulting guilt and fear for Alister’s safety — vs. the imminent nuclear strike of the theatrical cut — cause Max to panic and renounce his wish.
  • Removed awkward dialogue at the end

Last edited:
Is this a work in progress or have you got to the stage of having a version ready for viewing?

This sounds perfect! I generally loved the movie when I saw it, but now I can't look at it the same since I've seen so many people pointing out the problems with it. Even if that weren't the case, it absolutely didn't have to be as long as it is.
Really looking forward to this. I had no idea that this was already released on video, I guess I forgot how long it's been since the film was released. Will have to get my hands on it sometime soon.

How do you make the Steve is himself work ? Especially that first reunion scene when ITS NOT STEVES face ?

Last edited:
Sounds good. Seems to adress most of the problems I have with that movie.

Is this a work in progress or have you got to the stage of having a version ready for viewing?
It's done to my satisfaction (although I'm open to suggestions from the Academy/community).

I'm new and don't want to break any rules - but hopefully it's acceptable to mention I've also posted to reddit, where I included a download link.

How do you male the Steve is himself work ? Especially that first reunion scene when ITS NOT STEVES face ?
Great question.

Steve doesn't approach Diana until the end of the gala sequence, and you only see the other guy's body from behind - so it could be Steve's body. He calls to Diana, who turns around, and then the frame cuts to her reaction.

It's done to my satisfaction (although I'm open to suggestions from the Academy/community).

I'm new and don't want to break any rules - but hopefully it's acceptable to mention I've also posted to reddit, where I included a download link.

Great question.

Steve doesn't approach Diana until the end of the gala sequence, and you only see the other guy's body from behind - so it could be Steve's body. He calls to Diana, who turns around, and then the frame cuts to her reaction.

Wont stuff like their hair be different ? Also the fact that Steve as that guy would never wear those clothes again the guy wore

I just had a quick look at the edits in this, after obtaining it from another site.
I have to say I love the intent and the choice of cuts can really improve this movie. unfortunately, the cuts are very noticable and as such they are quite jarring. This is a shame, not only because of the potential, but it's also a shame that the editor doesn't seem to visit and hasn't had the opportunity to take feedback and potential advice. If the editor decides to return I'd certainly like to give some advice on ways to improve it.

(I messaged them a few days ago so maybe they don't have email notifications on?)

Last edited:
I just had a quick look at the edits in this, after obtaining it from another site.
I have to say I love the intent and the choice of cuts can really improve this movie. unfortunately, the cuts are very noticable and as such they are quite jarring. This is a shame, not only because of the potential, but it's also a shame that the editor doesn't seem to visit and hasn't had the opportunity to take feedback and potential advice. If the editor decides to return I'd certainly like to give some advice on ways to improve it.

(I messaged them a few days ago so maybe they don't have email notifications on?)
You have done the best that you can do in that situation. I totally respect your initiative. If you ever make contact, I would be more than happy to work with you and the editor on getting it approved!

I reached out to review this edit as I am so close to the source material, but I never heard back...

You offered to provide some advice on ways to improve the edit because you had watched it. Keo offered to review it. I guess it was a bit vague.

You offered to provide some advice on ways to improve the edit because you had watched it. Keo offered to review it. I guess it was a bit vague.
ah I see, yes the floor is yours. It was a while ago now and my memory is sketchy.

edit:
if you want my help, I'd be happy to assist.I am okay with watching it again, after all I did offer.

I believe I’ve spoken with most of you individually, but again I apologize for disappearing. I have my notifications set up correctly now and am standing by. Thanks all!

Heya, nice to see you! Is this an active project then? If so, I'll check the link you gave me and take some notes and bring some feedback in here.

also, can you give us a list of your cuts so it's easier for us to give focused feedback? unless there's a lot of cuts all over the shop, in which case, I'll watch the entire movie when I get time.

Yes, it's active insofar as I'd still like to get it approved for the database.

I don't have a more granular list of edits, unfortunately. I could generate one by going through the file. Beyond the list from the OP, a lot will be small things sprinkled throughout for continuity. For example, the line "I should probably go figure out how a stone brought my boyfriend back" stops there instead of continuing with "in someone else's body."

ah I see, if there is a lot of granular edits then this warrants a fulle watch. I'll say, from memory, it's my opinion that this is not ready to go onto the database, but I promise I'll rewatch and I'll bring a specific list of issues and possible solutions. :)

I should point out that I'm not an authority in the site by the way, if the mods decide it's up to standard then nothing I say matters.

Back
Top Bottom