• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wakeupkeo's Justice League

Exactly!

I get that in big strokes, the dynamics of the story all are objectively cool, but man, it really falls apart when you think about it for more than a sec. Typical Zack - all show, no depth.

I wonder if the problem would have been addressed in a JL2, or just moved on from... because thats a shaky foundation to begin with.

Didn't Wonder Woman say something about the records of Earth's location were lost during the flashback sequence?

She says:
But, in their retreat, the boxes were left behind on Earth. They grew weak. Dogs without masters, falling asleep, awaiting their return. Fading from the view of the enemy, anonymous among a trillion worlds.

Bob, that video is gold. I half expected Darkseid to just Laser-eyes Steps when he first questioned him!

Trailer time!!

I started by pulling all the dialogue that I wanted from the edit to tell the audio story I wanted.

Then, I started looking for inspiration. I'm a hack I know, but as they say, "good artists create. Great artists steal" so I pulled the score from a teaser trailer for The Magnificent Seven (2016), and chopped it up to my needs. Added visuals, a couple After Effects text animations, and voila! I hope you enjoy it as much as I liked making it:

I know I didn't focus on the VFX done for this edit, but I hope it still entices you to try ONE MORE JL EDIT.

Last edited:
That was an amazing trailer. From the custom effects to the editing, that could have easily been an officially licensed piece of promotional material. As always, you leave me amazed. I'll have to check out the MS trailer now.

Excellent trailer Wakeupkeo! And perfect timing. My class has just started your BvS edit so we should be ready to watch your JL edit when you release it

The last two weeks have been spent on tech issues - I noticed degredation in my ZSJL file and needed to do a new Production level rip, which at 4k basically reamed my computer a new bunghole. But all is finally good, and we are in the home stretch for this edit. With luck it will release this weekend!

Wow, this project has finally been submitted! Three HEAVY months of work to add yet another JL edit to the archive LOL

But really, this has truly become a passion project for me. A true love letter to the end of the DCEU I have grown to love, and to send Cavil out on the best note possible. The 3hr released edit will be considered the "extended cut," and eventually I would like to hone this down to a brisk 2:25 someday...

And now, some thanks:

To @Bored at 3:00AM , for always checking in to see if it was time to begin, and for amazing and thoughtful feedback. Your support has been so motivating throughout this edit.

To @DirtyCop1036 , for the countless previews and feedback, your passion has also been a great motivator.

To the legend @bionicbob , for thoughtful anaylisis with reference to views of true comic book fans, of which I am not. The feedback coupled with the depth of knowledge and love for these characters was immeasurable.

And to the great edits of @spence , @krausfadr , @Gieferg , and @bionicbob that came before, which I respect highly and drew inspiration from.

Don't you think that original movie in IFDB listing should be ZSJL or ZSJL and JL instead of JL only?

Hi! I took the liberty of updating the subtitles. I added some lines, adjusted timings and merged some lines to make it a more streamlined experience. To use this, open the link and click on download at the top. Rename the file to .srt and you're good to go!

Last edited:
pastebin / 1SkUZL7Y

Hi! I took the liberty of updating the subtitles. I added some lines, adjusted timings and merged some lines to make it a more streamlined experience. To use this, open the link and click on download at the top. Rename the file to .srt and you're good to go!

(apparently I can't post links, so I only have the end of the URL, should work ;) )
If you are so inclined, could you make a subtitle file without bits for the hearing impaired? I'm using it for ESL students (and they are absolutely loving it) but I don't need a subtitle pointing out that there's "lamentations" every time Wonder Woman shows up 😉

Wow, @robuust, this is amazing. Checking it now vs my original, and the level of intricate adjustments are next level, and I can't believe I missed so many actual lines - I menat to go back but I never did. So I can't thank you enough! Its great, and will be added as the official subtitles now. Its an honor to have you audit my work so closely!

And @Bored at 3:00AM - would an "ESL" version work with just dialogue, so anything about sound FX could be removed? That is totally possible...

Wow, @robuust, this is amazing. Checking it now vs my original, and the level of intricate adjustments are next level, and I can't believe I missed so many actual lines - I menat to go back but I never did. So I can't thank you enough! Its great, and will be added as the official subtitles now. Its an honor to have you audit my work so closely!

And @Bored at 3:00AM - would an "ESL" version work with just dialogue, so anything about sound FX could be removed? That is totally possible...
I'd love an ESL version of the subtitles. I just need the dialogue for my classes. Thanks so much!

We actually just finished your JL edit yesterday, which was the end of a very long journey that began with your WW edit, followed by your MoS and BvS edits.

The kids ate it up like ice cream!

Wow, @robuust, this is amazing. Checking it now vs my original, and the level of intricate adjustments are next level, and I can't believe I missed so many actual lines - I meant to go back but I never did. So I can't thank you enough! Its great, and will be added as the official subtitles now. Its an honor to have you audit my work so closely!

Thank you for the kind words! Your edit is amazing, and I wanted to contribute to this community by any way I can!

Footnote:
While creating new, lower file size versions, I decided to do two slight update to this edit:
Mainly just for a smoother flow, Superman exiting the kryptonian ship in the black suit has been moved to right after Flash starts his speed run around the nuclear plant.
During Aquaman's part of the epilogue, Mera shot is moved up sooner so the last shot is still Arthur, to better bookend his section there.

New smaller file size HEVC versions now available at the same link!

Footnote:
While creating new, lower file size versions, I decided to do two slight update to this edit:
Mainly just for a smoother flow, Superman exiting the kryptonian ship in the black suit has been moved to right after Flash starts his speed run around the nuclear plant.
During Aquaman's part of the epilogue, Mera shot is moved up sooner so the last shot is still Arthur, to better bookend his section there.

New smaller file size HEVC versions now available at the same link!
Will these small tweaks change the subtitles at all?

Maybe just slightly near the end due to the superman scene switch, things might shift a few frames, so sorry!!!

Back
Top Bottom