• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vinyl Collections

I have this version:
R-1762590-1263934762.jpeg

Must be the same with a different cover, no?

Nice to see some Monkees talk. Been a favorite of mine for most of my life. :) The sleeve for the "Headquarters" LP used to be at my grandparent's house, but I can't find it or the record itself now. B'oh! I'd love to have that. I do have the CD, though.

theslime said:
I have this version:
R-1762590-1263934762.jpeg

Must be the same with a different cover, no?
That particular recording was released more times than I can count. They did that a lot in the 60's and 70's. Recordings that were imported would usually get a new cover and everything. I miss the old LP covers of the day.

I'm a die-hard Beatle fan. Have loved them since I was 6 and memorized that funny album with the guys dressed in uniforms (Sgt. Pepper). I will say however, and with pride, that the Monkees deserve a lot of respect.. as was said, final product is final product, and regardless of who wrote the music, it was great music. I'm certainly not an expert on their music, particularly their later stuff where they made more of their 'own' music, but I have always refused to dismiss them as a merely a tv creation.

always been a fan of daydream believer :smile:

One of the relatively few really prized possessions in my LP collection is my VG+ original Headquarters in mono. It's not that expensive or valuable, I just like it. :)

I got a bunch today from Goodwill, including:

The Cars - Heartbeat City
Tower of Power - Bump City
Boston - Don't Look Back
Boston - Third Stage
Bill Cosby - "Revenge" and "To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With"
MPFC - Monty Python's Previous Record
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Cheap Trick - Dream Police
The Police - Synchronicity

And this weirdness:

hpim1175n.jpg

Great video about making vinyl records from beginning to end:

[youtube:3pigaxcs]

Got 19 records for $2 at Sally Ann today (I tend to get there late, and she doesn't care too much about price when it's near closing, plus they have WAY too many in there right now, so are glad to get rid of a bunch), including:

David Gilmour - About Face
Blue Oyster Cult - Spectres
Bob & Doug McKenzie - Great White North (third copy, has original price and promo stickers)
Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (MCA promo copy)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - s/t
Edgar Winter's White Trash - Roadworks (17:13 version of "Tobacco Road"?!)
Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Kiss - Animalize

I've bought a lot of vinyl lately.

Dean Martin - The Best of Dean Martin (Duocrapic Stereo)
Dean Martin - The Door Is Still Open To My Heart (Mono)
Dean Martin - This Is Dean Martin (Mono)
Dean Martin - You Can't Love 'Em All (Mono)
Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody (single)(Mono)

Frank Sinatra - Sinatra '65 (Mono)
Frank Sinatra - Songs For Swingin' Lovers (Mono)
Frank Sinatra - This Is Sinatra (Mono)
Frank Sinatra - Sinatra's Swinging Session (Mono)

Perry Como - So Smooth (Mono)
Perry Como - Como's Golden Records (Mono)

Artie Shaw - This Is Artie Shaw (Mono)

Glenn Miller - The Unforgettable Glenn Miller (Stereo, but not duo-phonic, they digitally put the mono track in both speakers, IDK why)

Peggy Lee - Bewitching-Lee (Mono)

Bunny Berigan - The Complete Bunny Berigan Vol 1 and 2 (Mono)

Nice! Mono rules. There are only a handful of 50s and 60s albums - mostly instrumental jazz - where stereo is superior. I think Brian Wilson was absolutely right when he vetoed stereo mixes of Beach Boys albums entirely (from 1964 to 1968). Things changed around 1968, though. Mixes improved when stereo was taken seriously in the marketplace and engineers had to spend time with the mixes.

Yeah, when people first started messing with stereo they didn't know how to handle it. The Living Stereo recordings back in the day were probably the beginning of good stereo.

I've entered most of my main colllection at discogs. Have to finish Country, Experimental and a few other odd categories as well as a large stack of stuff they don't have listed.

http://www.discogs.com/user/reave

Discogs is actually where I bought most of my records. Very top notch site. Thankfully people have to go by the goldmine record grading standards.

It's a great site to find records at a reasonable price and to gauge the actual market value of your records.

I always used to use my dads turntable, so my main vinyl collection is back in Cornwall with my parents. I was bought my own player for my birthday, despite not having listened to any records in years. I've loved the excuse to go out and buy some though, since I didn't have any where I live now. 

Most recent acquisitions:

• Rick Wakeman - Six Wives of Henry VIII
  • ELP - Trilogy 
  • Grobschnitt - Solar Music
  • Elton John - Blue Moves 
  • Yes - The Yes Album 
I never liked Wakeman's Wives (yes, I know what that sounds like), but listening to it on vinyl is a revelation. The copy I picked up was £1. It's scratched to hell, crackly and hissy. But I'd still listen to it over any of the digital remasters I've heard. 

I'd also love to grab some Miles Davis on vinyl, but jazz albums always seem to be quite pricy.

Here's the view directly behind my editing workstation:

XyZFKbB.jpg

I have a few other shelves with film scores, spoken word, and other misc. 

Trips to the record store are my favorite.

my latest vinyl purchases was this Velvet Underground studio albums box set from sundazed records
courtney marie andrews- may your kindness remain- rosey pink vinyl
air- moon safari- light green- glow in the dark

I see a guitar in the corner... Do you play, @"ThrowgnCpr" ?

Back
Top Bottom