• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vinyl Collections

This is the waveform from a square dance cassette I transferred for someone a few weeks ago:

waveform.gif

Unzoomed, it's just solid blue blocks. I think they just recorded the guy's voice too high on top of music that was also too high.

I was looking for vinyl rips and thought that can make a list of that few LPs recently collected

Anathema - 2002 - Alternative 4 - Peaceville (LPVILLE 73)
The Beatles - 1969 - Abbey Road - 1st Japan Press (AP-8815)
The Beatles - 1970 - Let It Be - 2nd UK issue for Export Parlophone/Apple (PCS 7096)
Pink Floyd - 1975 - Wish You Were Here - Harvest 1st or 2nd German issue (1C 064-96 918)
Richard Wright - 1978 - Wet Dream - 1st German Issue (1C 064-61 612)
Talking Heads - 1985 - Little Cratures - Czech Supraphon (1113 3986 ZN)
The Rush - 1976 - All The World's Stage - UK Mercury (6672 015)
Voivod - 2009 - Infini - Back on Black EU issue (BOBV171LP)

Got a few today, $2 each.

Queen - A Night at the Opera
Boston - Boston

and

Johnson,Personal.jpg

No idea who he is, but I liked the cover. The back is equally goofy.

Queen are the best band in the universe.

Ghostcut said:
Queen are the best band in the universe.
The only band left I want to see on stage that I never will... (hope it's gramaticaly correct, lol)
Well I saw Brian May (opening for Guns n' roses (!) in the 90's) but it's not the same.
And don't tell me about Queen + anyone (although George Michael did a great job during the 1992 FM tribute concert.)

No idea who he is, but I liked the cover. The back is equally goofy.
Not to be confused with, y'know, the OTHER Robert Johnson. ;)

I just bought an Ion Profile LP: http://www.ionaudio.com/profilelp

Ion_Profile-LP_angle_912.jpg

There's a guy on eBay, also from Ontario, selling them for $79.00 CAN with free shipping to anywhere in North America. That's a nice deal! I looked up some reviews and apparently, the sound quality is very good. It also has a built-in pre-amp and RCA outputs. :)

Maybe some of you would also like to check it out if you're in the market. He has 9 more of them available, apparently.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT

ion make the usb turntables and i haven't heard of any of them being good quality, no

Had a nice vinyly day today.

Got:

- "Strange Brew" soundtrack (Bob & Doug McKenzie's movie) from eBay
- Rush - Power Windows
- Nutty Numbers (a fun novelty album I also had as a youngster)
- Chet Atkins - It's a Guitar World
- Stryper - To Hell with the Devil (nice and cheesy)
- Arthur Fielder and the Boston Pops Play The Beatles
- The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me
- The Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street

Paid $1 each, except for Strange Brew.

Got a bunch today for $3 each, including:

Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door
Led Zeppelin - II
David Lee Roth - Crazy from the Heat (in amazing shape!)
Ernie's Hits
Bert's Blockbusters
Heart - Dreamboat Annie

recently got a nicer version of empire strikes back soundtrack and empire strikes back story on wax.
Otherwise I havent bought any vinyl in a while (odd considering I work in a record store)
a few months back I got pristine copies of Indy 3, Terminator and Robocop soundtracks.
I think the last "music" record I bought was a Helmet single from betty a few months ago.

I'm moving house and just bought one of these:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/u ... itreXL.php

Going back shortly for 6 more. You can get them from Staples in the UK.

I had been storing all my Vinyl in a cupboard upstairs and three of the LP's that were leaning against the outside wall were damaged by mould from damp.

Need to replace:

0d702b4b.png

They got a TON more albums at Salvation Army int he past couple of days. I went today and got 36 albums for $9! :smile: Among them were:

Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison
The Beatles - 1962-1966
Stevie Wonder - Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I
Billy Idol - Vital Idol
Huey Lewis and The News - Sports (in better shape than my other copy)
Gary Wright - The Dream Weaver (I thought that was Garth Marenghi :wink: )
The Clash - Combat Rock
Sweet - Desolation Boulevard
A Flock of Seagulls - [self-titled]
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced
Bob & Doug McKenzie - Great White North (second copy)
David Lee Roth - Skyscraper
Django Reinhardt - Best Of, Vol. 2
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Confrontation (in great shape!)
The Doobie Brothers - Minute by Minute
Nazareth - Greatest Hits

I think a lot of them were used at a radio station, as they have small numbered stickers on them. At least one has a D.J. stamp on it, too.

I have some that I got from my dad, and from used record stores.

LP's
Dire Straits - Dire Straits
Ted Nugent - Ted Nugent
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
The Who - Face Dances
A Flock of Seagulls - A Flock of Seagulls
J Geils Band - Freeze Frame
Jethro Tull - Broadsword and the Beast
Eugene Ormandy - Handel's Messiah
Leonard Bernstein - Greatest Hits Vol 2
Leonard Bernstein - Rite Of Spring
Leonard Bernstein - Rhapsody in Blue

Single's
Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love/Get Up
The Monkees - I'm a Believer/I'm Not Your Stepping Stone
ZZ Top - Sleeping Bag/Party On The Patio
Bryan Adams - Summer of '69/Kids Wanna Rock/The Best Was Yet to Come

Great Bernstein finds. The pacing of his Rhapsody in Blue is kinda wonky at times (then again, it might be intentional), but the piano playing is generally superb. The Rites of Spring version is amazing.

And that Monkees single is quite possibly the greatest double of the 60s - which is saying something. Two sides of the same coin. Pop bubblegum and insane riffs. Both perfection. If people think mono in general sucks, make them listen to that one.

theslime said:
Great Bernstein finds. The pacing of his Rhapsody in Blue is kinda wonky at times (then again, it might be intentional), but the piano playing is generally superb. The Rites of Spring version is amazing.

And that Monkees single is quite possibly the greatest double of the 60s - which is saying something. Two sides of the same coin. Pop bubblegum and insane riffs. Both perfection. If people think mono in general sucks, make them listen to that one.

My dad always had the Lenny Greatest Hits vinyl, but I didn't appreciate it until I heard Leonard conduct Beethoven's 9th. I had to just get as much Bernstein related works as possible. Most of them are on CD, but I cherish the vinyl.

The Monkees are very overlooked. People forget how good they were, when they weren't forced into the role of an american Beatles, and they could be themselves. Even when they were manufactured, it was still a very tight band with great riffs.

They were indeed. What's so cool - and disconcerting to the rock authenticity crowd (of which I know a lot of people) - is that "More of the Monkees" (manufactured; songs written for them and played by others) and "Headquarters" (authentic; played and mostly written by the band) were released only four months apart, and they sound really, really similar. I like that, and point to it as evidence that using manufactured as a derogatory term doesn't really work. Quality is in the end product.

Is the Rhapsody in Blue album you bought the one with An American in Paris as the "b-side"? That's the one I have - in gloriously boomy and weirdly recorded stereo.

theslime said:
They were indeed. What's so cool - and disconcerting to the rock authenticity crowd (of which I know a lot of people) - is that "More of the Monkees" (manufactured; songs written for them and played by others) and "Headquarters" (authentic; played and mostly written by the band) were released only four months apart, and they sound really, really similar. I like that, and point to it as evidence that using manufactured as a derogatory term doesn't really work. Quality is in the end product.

Is the Rhapsody in Blue album you bought the one with An American in Paris as the "b-side"? That's the one I have - in gloriously boomy and weirdly recorded stereo.
His version is very unique. Bernstein conducts it, like he wrote it. Lenny made that his.
If this one is the one you are talking about, then yes.
col-gershwin.jpg

Just look at how cool that guy was. He was the most intelligent man in music, but he was so friggin cool.

lenny-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom