• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

V For Vendetta: The FanEdit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
ok mediafire was being a total bastard, so i've uploaded the NTSC version to rapidshare: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4182

a special note: the rapidshare uploading utility works great on gnu/linux with wine! :)

it seems like many people want the PAL as well so i'll upload that also.

If this isn't going on mediafire, can someone post a torrent of the Xvid version?
I am not human, I am Doctor Mbot and incapable of passing RapidShare's CAPTCHA test.

added PAL rapidshare links at the thread mentioned above

will anyone torrent this for DoctorM? i'll see if mediafire is working better, also.

finally got a chance to watch it yesterday, it gets a thumbs up from me, and i cosign creamstick's comments. awesome job and keep 'em coming!

Ok, before I start, you all should know where I stand. I really like the original version of V for Vendetta. In fact after watching it the first time I felt the comic paled in comparison to the film. The comic was full of naive political rhetoric, is now dated, and was made over the period of several years during which time the tone and direction of the story changed.

ANYWAY, Nick Mollo's edit:
I watched the NTSC Xvid version, so my A/V technical complaints may not apply to the full DVD release.
The stereo audio was flat. Even with Prologic decoding the rear channels were too soft to even be evident.
The video was converted to NTSC by dropping 1 frame in 5 making the picture jittery and hard on the eyes.

I noticed one or two dirty cuts which may have been a function of reencoding instead of direct stream copy by the editing software. In the most notable instance, after the cut the picture was sharp, blurred and then sharpened again.

The edit itself:
The opening montage and music. Yuck. First it's waaaaaay too long, I thought we'd never get to the main story. The song and montage could have been cut to 30 seconds instead we suffer through 3 minutes and 30 seconds of it.
The music itself was mixed too loud compared to the rest of the film's audio and don't get me started on the choice of song.
This might almost have been acceptable if opening credits were running, but this is not the case.

Then the continuity errors stared.
I thought it was extremely nice of V to show Evey a beautiful firework display, club her over the head, drag her limp body to the Shadow Gallery, strip her while unconscious, wash her, change her clothes, and apply more conservative makeup.
If V knocked out and then carried an unconscious Evey away, wouldn't the surveillance cameras have picked that up? I guess not since she was still called an accomplice.

As in the original cut, the existence of V is kept a secret from the public and the destruction of the Old Bailey was called an 'emergency demolition'.
We then almost immediately see prerecorded video footage of Lewis Prothero on TV denouncing V, who a) is suppose to be a secret from the public, and b) hasn't made his alias known to ANYONE except Evey.
Prothero goes on in his rant about the accomplice Evey, even though the police JUST figured out her name... DURING the broadcast.

This was more than I could stand and turned it off after only 20 minutes.
I think this edit should be UNapproved and sent back to the drawing board.
Good idea, poor execution. 2 stars. (It would have been 1 but there was no zero star rating.)

and again we see how very different the viewing of the same movie can be. Of course with the existing jittering video and maybe even a poor audio transfer (I haven't watched the NTSC version) enjoying a movie can be extremely hard if not impossible.
I find it really interesting how much your experience differs from all other current reactions.
As for the "prerecorded video footage of Lewis Prothero on TV denouncing V, who a) is suppose to be a secret from the public, and b) hasn't made his alias known to ANYONE except Evey" it should be noted that V did not clearly kill the fingermen in this version. So there are people, who have actually seen him and who could also have heard him introducing himself to Evey. I for one thought that V with his mask was for sure spotted by some other people as well and this made the rumors start. At least it made sense to me, was nothing that came to my attention in any way when watching the movie.
It's too bad you could not enjoy this fanedit, but I kind of know where you are coming from, because it reminded me a bit on my viewing of ELEVEN (also by Nick Mollo); I am still a huge fan of the original movie and the fanedit had a hard stand from the beginning.

DoctorM,

There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Thanks Nick

NickMollocopy.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love your ideas, the opening worked fairly well and didn't seem out of place as I anticipated. I like the title cards ripped from the comic as well.

At the end of the day, I really wouldn't mind seeing a by-the-comic edit of this film if the technical and continuity bugs could be worked out.

It's a good premise and a good start.

If you insist on keeping an opening montage at that length you might want to consider reconstructing the opening credits on top of them. (It felt kind of weird not seeing opening credits at all.)

that's the spirit, Nick Mollo!!! :)
It's great you are back on this.

Creamstick said:
I don't post much, but I wanted to say that this edit was first-class, and genuinely turns a terrible movie into something not only watchable, but has re-shaped it into a very good movie that now retains a hint of the spirit of the source material that is completly missing from the studio-released version.

Good stuff!

I couldn't say it better. One of the bets fan edits ever, clever and professional.

V For Vendetta: The FanEdit V.2

I have made some minor changes to my original V For Vendetta: The FanEdit. Firstly, I have smoothed out the Valerie flashbacks as they were an obvious fault in the FanEdit. I hated the sound of the actress's voice that spoke the narration and as a result chopped a little too drastically. This has been corrected.

Secondly, due to my attempts to eradicate Evey from the TV Tower I came to the problem of how to show V dispatching Dominic, the policeman. My first cut never showed the fate of Dominic but I think it is needed for narrative clarity, so I have added a short sequence showing V striking him down. It is far from perfect but it is the best I can do with the footage available.

Finally, I have changed the shot of Evey being drowned in slow motion with some other shots of her because as boon pointed out, it jarred with the rest of the edit. I have also removed some unnecessary fade-outs.

As for the new DVD, I will be using AC3 sound so the image quality should be much better.

There is a bone of contention concerning Evey not being SEEN to be captured but I have tried with the footage available to make this work yet in all honesty, I prefer the mystery that is present in the original FanEdit concerning her imprisonment, so this has not been changed.

V2ComingSoon.jpg

The V.2 FanEdit should be ready in a few days.

Sounds interesting, as a big fan of the original film and the comic as well, I'm really curious to see how you've done this.

cool, nick -

so what do you think of a few seconds of black screen after V's TV studio appearance and a slow fade into evey's interrogation scene?

Sorry Joe but this is the last time I'm going to re-visit V. The changes are listed above and I think they are needed. I just don't see the need to change anything else and I like the illusion that is already in the FanEdit that Cready slides into darkness and Evey is then revealed as captured. It implies that Cready has got her.

:(
Sounds like no changes worth me taking a second look.

Sounds like you can't get this one out your mind!

Back
Top Bottom