• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

V For Vendetta: The FanEdit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Really enjoyed your edit...Now i might be wrong but in the original V attacks the tower he is caught by the policeman as he is exiting and then EV saves him.In your edit he is caught by the copper then it just cuts to a new scene. Is this correct? nothing is explained as to how he escapes...apart from that i loved it.

i've created an AVI (Xvid, MP3) and am uploading to mediafire.

640x288 PAL (cropped, scaled)
xvid qscale=2 (~860kbps)
mp3 abr (~128kbps)

long live avidemux! :)

i'll post the links when the upload is done.

yeah it cuts from v getting held up at the station to evey getting interrogated. the next scene with v is the reveal with evey. this is the plot hole i mentioned above - i should have been more clear.

i think the edit needs a better transition to evey's "capture" as this doesn't make any sense in the current situation.

OK Stormtrooper,

First I moved the TV Tower to much later in my FanEdit to more closely resemble the time-line of the Graphic Novel. In the original cut Evey works at the TV PA of sorts and I cut her out.

During the confrontation between the policeman and V, Evey is everywhere and distracts the policeman so V can strike him down, which he does and in the original cut the policeman is back to work the next morning with not a mention of the fight or any signs of wounding.

In my cut I wanted you to think that V had been caught, as directly after is a news report that says V is dead. Evey is then imprisoned and my intention was to create an atmosphere of uncertainty because if V is captured or killed he cannot be imprisoning Evey.

Of course this is my own logic and I wanted a little ambiguity.

LandSm.jpg

well i think there just needs to be the suggestion that these are happening:
* evey is captured
* v escapes

otherwise this is a plot hole. it doesn't even have to be chronological

well, to me this was irritating, but kind of cleared up when it was V to hold Evey as prisoner.

Evey is sitting in a dark cell, it is reasonable to believe therefore that she has been captured. There is no NEED to show it, if you get my drift.

V escapes because we see him later.

Plot-Holes? More like, Artistic license.

...alright this is frustrating... how is it not a plot hole? you can't just redefine artistic license to also include plot holes and now it's not a problem.

how did she get captured? found? no one knows where v's place is so it HAS to be v interrogating her, but he's just been captured, too.

it isn't reasonable to beleive that she's been captured because nothing has happened to suggest this other than v being captured, and that turns out to not have happened...

next scene with v is him saying "hello evey"...

3 people have already commented on this so if it is artistic license it wasn't executed very well. additional editing is required to get to this point, even just adding ~5 seconds of black screen and slowly fading to evey's capture could work. it is the passing of time that solidifies this as a plot hole for me.

I knew this would raise some questions and I mentioned this point in the original post of V For Vendetta: The FanEdit.

Note:
1. In the original cut Dominic, Finch's assistant, holds V at gun point in the TV tower and is struck down by V. In the film the character arrives at work the next day completely unaffected by the incident and no mention of it is made. I have tried to add some mystery to that confrontation and any questions that might arise are therefore intentional.

I understand the desire for clarity but that was not the intention. If it is poor editing or redefinition then so be it.

Thanks for this joebshmoe, I hope our artistic differences live on!

it definitely was irritating and confusing for the fact that Evey did not visually get caught. I can live with it still (which explains my review), but I can imagine it to be executed better. I had more problems later on with the fadeouts during the flashbacks of Valerie... but I can live with these as well.
The thing is, nick, you have created quite a really good fanedit. And that is why you are asked to even make it perfect. If it wasn't as promising as it is, no one would bother with the flaws.

boon,

When I read your review I understood immediately that you were spot-on about Valerie flashback. That was the hardest to edit and does not work. For that reason alone i was thinking of maybe re-visiting and refining the cut.

As for Evey being captured. I would need a shot of her getting nabbed in that school girl's dress.

At the moment I am dead worried about not being able to make Land work.

With "Land Of The Dead" you picked an incredibly difficult film to improve.
But if you remake V, I would like to ask for a few things:
Evey corrected, Valerie corrected, AC-3 sound, better image quality, NTSC 16to9.
None of this must happen. It is already a really good fanedit, as a lot of reviews show. I know pretty well, what situation you are going through there, as I received similar reactions for my War Of The Worlds" fanedit, where the shag scene has some annoying plot holes (how did they get in there? how long were there in there? why does it feel so chopped, when the rest of the movie just flows? WTF?). I have been thinking about recreating it, but it would mean a lotlotlot of work, since I would have to redo all that was done with a team of people back then. And currently I'd rather head for something new than redoing the old stuff.

i agree completely with boon here :)

everyone is going to enjoy this edit, and to me it seems like there are easy ways to make it even better (i.e. technical details, encodings, etc.)

well i had to stop the upload of the PAL Xvid and i was actually working on an NTSC Xvid while that was going on... so i have both now :)

also, i tested out the NTSC xvid on my oppo and it looks great so i'm going to upload this one.

anyone interested in the PAL xvid please PM me.

Hey Joe,
where did you get the oppo machine? I heard they do an outstanding job of converting PAL 2 NTSC on the fly and for that reason I might be interested in picking one up

Nick Mollo said:
OK Stormtrooper,

First I moved the TV Tower to much later in my FanEdit to more closely resemble the time-line of the Graphic Novel. In the original cut Evey works at the TV PA of sorts and I cut her out.

During the confrontation between the policeman and V, Evey is everywhere and distracts the policeman so V can strike him down, which he does and in the original cut the policeman is back to work the next morning with not a mention of the fight or any signs of wounding.

In my cut I wanted you to think that V had been caught, as directly after is a news report that says V is dead. Evey is then imprisoned and my intention was to create an atmosphere of uncertainty because if V is captured or killed he cannot be imprisoning Evey.

Of course this is my own logic and I wanted a little ambiguity.

Thanks for the explanation :) I understand now what you have tried to achieve. I really enjoyed your work and the extras you put in.

i got it on ebay for a great deal. it has been a great purchase! it pretty much plays any dvd and xvid/divx/mpg - upscaled to 1080p even :)

now that there is a new oppo model out you should be able to pick the 981hd model up for ~$150 and the 970 model for ~$100.

Back
Top Bottom