• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

V For Vendetta: The FanEdit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Thanks boon, you are a real FanEdit of yourself!

To be clear, the changes from v1 to v2 are:

-Smoothed out the Valerie flashbacks: Narration less cut up.
-Short sequence of V striking down Dominic added for narrative clarity.
-Shots to Evey being drowned changed and unnecessary fade-outs removed.
-AC3 sound (assuringly 5.1)

Did I miss anything?
It wouldn't hurt to add this list to the info page for clarity.

.....and Kylie Minogue sings....

La la la

La la la la la

La la la

La la la la la

I just can't get you out of my head

I hate that song.

:/

Now I won't stop hearing it for another week.

hmmm, I keep getting errors telling me access is denied when I try to torrent it.

Is this something I'm doing wrong?

Finn,
It might be that you are downloading the old torrent. I posted a new V.2 version, so maybe try that one.

piratebay

Nick

well, the v.2 was supposed to include ac-3 sound and a higher video bitrate. Unfortunately it does neither. Audio is still wav and the video bitrate is even lower than for v.1...
I must confess, this is a bit of a bummer.

I don't understand. I use final cut but was told to export the movie and add an AC3 soundtrack in Quicktime Pro which I did. I then authored a DVD with this version in iDVD. (iDVD did say the project was too large as it did with the original version, so I had to lower the quality so it would fit on one DVD.) How it can be of lesser quality than V.1 is weird. If I go back to the original method it will be the same video bitrate as V.1 with wav sound. What am I doing wrong? I converted the sound in Pro Tools to ACC. Should I split it onto 2 DVDs?

no, I don't think splitting to 2 DVDs will do the trick. Your audio is definitely wav. And the bitrate you used is a vbr with an average of 2866kb/sec (which is very low for DVD). On your DVD the best settings would have been: AC3 5.1 audio at 448kb/sec and video bitrate vbr of 5200kb/sec.

Nick Mollo said:
Finn,
It might be that you are downloading the old torrent. I posted a new V.2 version, so maybe try that one.

piratebay

Nick

Nope, sadly that is the link I'm using, again it just works for about 2 Mb then fails each time, I mean I could keep re-starting it, it'd only take me a year or so...

Finn,

There are about 13 seeders right now and I know one person that got this new version hassle free. So, sorry, no ideas!

the torrent works really well in my case.

I got it working, it was my bittorrent settings.
DOH!

downloading it now.

OK, saw an image that was just begging for some cover art, so I put this together for your edit. In case you want some more cover options ;)

Vendetta_ThrowtnCpr_3D2.jpg

DOWNLOAD COVER ART SET HERE

ThrowgnCpr, it looks awesome!

I am going to try and make a top quality AVI version of V For Vendetta: The Fanedit from the original master.

I will post it as a torrent and put it on RapidShare as rar files. I will post the links here when it is done.

Ok, here is my review of this fanedit.
Now as a way of setting this up I must mention that I do know Nick Mollo, he is famous for starting the "Consecution" series.
Also I don't hold any hatred or animosity towards him.
Sometimes I have been accused of being unduly harsh and insensitive.
But that is not my intention, I just call it like I see it.
So Mollo if you are ready for this read on...

V For Vendetta - The Fanedit
Just finished watching it.
The dvd comes with animated menus and music. very nice.
I was a little confused that there was no "Play" button but soon realized that the title of the dvd was the play button.
The first thing I noticed is that the aspect ratio seems a bit odd. there are black bars on either side. As if the 2:35:1 has been shrunk a bit. Odd.

After the logos a nice bit of montage editing intros the film. This leads to a second intro of England 1992 which really looks like England 1942 which leads to a third intro which leads to a Chapter title card. The editor is having fun.
Finally we are into the film proper. Boy the film looks really noisy.

And after a while I realize that the editor is having too much fun.
As audience I feel lost and confused as if the projectionist has mixed up the film reels.
Characters appear and seem to know each other even though I just met them.
Scenes are taken out of order. I hang in there, waiting for the purpose of not setting up and introducing the protagonist proper.
And then came the second music video montage.
this montage along with the opening indicates that the editor needs a producer with a firm hand to reign in his 80's music video montage tendencies.

There are some criteria for the music montage to be effective:
- The song that is used must be a good one. Tired, overplayed songs will take the viewer to a different place, perhaps where they remember that song in their own life.
-The music video inside the film should advance the plot. At the end of it, we should be aware of something that we weren't aware of before the song started.
- It should fit the movie.

"dancing in the streets" although as stated a tip of the hat to the novel, is too well know and dramatically indifferent to the visuals. The result of the juxtaposition of music and visuals is a vague feeling of confusion. there is no real advancement of plot and it is too long. Probably the entire song. The suggestion of it being used as a credit bed is a good one. And finally it doesn't fit the style/art direction of the movie. Now compare this song with the choice of "Cry me a River" used later in the film and the differences are obvious.

"Paint it Black" also suffers from over-familiarity. it also doesn't advance plot. dramatically it is more like a montage you would see on mtv for the release of a new movie whose music mtv is peddling. what's important in those types of montages are images and music not story.
All that was missing was the MTV bug in the corner and
Painted Black
The Rolling Stones
from the V for Vendetta Soundtrack
typed across the bottom.

On the positive side I did not miss the Stephen Fry character nor the V-mob and the film ultimately did engage me.
The ending was well conceived and executed.
An ambitious yet awkward effort that is redeemed by it's sheer love of editing.
I only wished the editor would consider the audience and story a bit more and less on editing fireworks.

On a technical level the video is noisy and strangely cropped. Audio seems to go up and down.

On the editing level it is very well done. clean edits.

On a story/entertainment level I found it awkward and confusing.

On my street-wise rating system I give it a
Red Light: Don't Go

trafficlightsstop104037af3.jpg

It would have been amber if it wasn't so technically troubled.

What a load of balls but thanks anyway! :lol:

This song..."Painted Black"?

Sounds like it's a total ripoff of the Rolling Stones' song, "Paint it Black". :p

Back
Top Bottom