• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen -The Kitten Calendar Ed.

Gieferg said:
just hate the 17,000 B.C. thing. It just doesn't seem anywhere close to old enough for a race like the Transformers.

wait a sec...Who said that they're that old? (or young;))

Primes could be even several millions year old (or more) at the time of Fallen's...well...fall. Yes, they were ancient ancestors, but transformers race must have existed long before this event (as they've been traveling through the universe long before arriving to Earth). So only the autobot vs decepticons war which was supposedly started by Fallen's rebellion would be 17 000 year old, not transformers race.

I prefer when Primes sacrificed their lives for humans than for dinosaurs, especially when there is no reason for that second version to be any better than the first one.

The problem I have is that they are a very old race, and yet the events, or "the fall" is treated as some ancient event that happened a long long time ago in Transoformers history, but relative to the life span of an average Transformer, it wasn't very long at all, and yet somehow they've lost their entire history and language in this time. I just don't like it at all.

And what I've done doesn't remove the possibility of it being 17,000 B.C. or humans the Prime's were protecting, it just doesn't explicitly lock it down, and leaves it more open to the possibility of the Prime's being here millions of years ago if that's what one would like to believe.

Removing everything relating to this (with the exception of Jetfire's talk) also saves the revelation that Transformers were on Earth previously until Simmons reveals this to Sam and company.

On a side note: The DVD-9 will be available at MU in about an hour and a half.

DVD-9
original aspect ratio
Big Screen (or IMAX) version
AC-3 5.1 audio

what kind of fanedit: True Fanedit
original film name: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
new film name : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The Kitten Calendar Edition
film studio name : Paramount
edit crew name : Kevinicus
Date Original Film Was Released : 6/24/09
Date Edit Was Released : 12/16/09
Original Runtime : 150 minutes
New Runtime : 130 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 20 minutes cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :

*The entire introduction with The Fallen and prehistoric man.
*All of Optimus' voice over during the Shanghai scene.
*Moved the title sequence to the end of the Shanghai scene.
*Trimmed Sam & Parents at the beginning somewhat (and dogs humping).
*Trimmed Bumblebee in the garage (crying).
*Trimmed the last line from the Nest hanger.
*Trimmed Leo's roommates some as well as some of Sam's parents.
*Trimmed Sam/Alice at party and part of the car scene.
*Trimmed Megatron/Starscream on Nemesis and trimmed middle and end of scene.
*Trimmed classroom flirtation bit.
*Trimmed Sam in his room and w/Alice.
*Trimmed talk in the library.
*Cut repeated footage of Soundwave.
*Cut Sam's parents with the mime.
*Trim news bits after Decepticons arrival.
*Cut Galloway shutting down NEST.
*Trimmed meat shop (no more talk about teeth).
*Cut Simmon's ass.
*Cut Leo shocking himself.
*Trim Jetfire talking about his family being there for "centuries".
*Leo/Mikeala land in desert
*Image of Autobots being loaded onto plane and Lennox comments about it being a mistake
*Removal of Lennox and Epps discussing the phone call and location of coordinates
*Removal of Checkpoint scene
*Remove Galloway parachute scene
*Change footage and trim end of Petra scene to remove Simmons viewing troops parachuting from so far away, and to add time lapse.
*Remove Simmons pointing at flare right after Sam does.
*Heavily trim parts of military scenes (mostly parts without robots).
*Remove Galloway in desert scene
*Remove repeat shot from first movie of Drone
*Trim Simmons conversation with Captain of Aircraft Carrier
*Crop shot of Simmons on walkie talkie to remove wrong pyramid from the background
* Remove Devastator's balls (the flagrant scene anyway).
*Trimmed Sam's meeting with the Primes (I refuse to call this robot heaven since that's not what it is). I don't care a lot for this scene, but I feel it is necessary. I removed the part about Sam's destiny though, that isn't necessary.
*Removed a couple of repeated shots during The Fallen's retrieving of the Matrix.
*Removed the audio for "Give me your face!"
*And I went back and cut out the 6 bogeys coming up from the water for those that feel it's a continuity error.
*various other small edits

Fanedit details: Dual-Layer DVD, original aspect ratio, ac-3 5.1 audio. DVD includes menus (with animated buttons) and scene selection designed to fit the theme of the Edition name.

Your intention for this fanedit: My intention was to trim down the excess fat to speed up the pacing and hopefully increase the sense of
urgency, and help the film not drag so much. I also wanted to remove the aspects that limited the scope to such a seemingly small period of
time (relative to the Transformers lifespan). There were other various poor jokes, continuity errors, geographical mistakes that I tried to
correct as much as possible.

Your way to achieve your intention: For the most part just find what didn't work and wasn't necessary or was repetetive and remove it.
Sometimes this required rearrangement of audio or video, and some fixes required cropping of scenes as well.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): Axus quad-core processor with blu-ray drive. Original retail
blu-ray (Big Screen Edition, i.e. IMAX version) was used as a source. DVDFab was used for capture. NeroVision was used to make a new file
of the movie with less timestamp errors. Nerovision was primarily used for the first half of editing. Sony Vegas Pro 9 was used later to
finish and fix problems with Nero's output. NeroVision was used for menus.

Additional Comment: This is not the edit for those who hated the Twins, this is for those who liked the Twins, but had other issues with the
movie, particularly the pacing. I will have another edit availabe, "The Real Effing Deal" for those who hate the Twins.

Time needed for the edition: About a month
persons involved: Kevinicus

DVD-9 is now available at MU.

Polishing the ole turd huh?

Whatever butters your fecal matter I guess.

The comment above should be deleted I think...

The problem I have is that they are a very old race, and yet the events, or "the fall" is treated as some ancient event that happened a long long time ago in Transoformers history, but relative to the life span of an average Transformer, it wasn't very long at all, and yet somehow they've lost their entire history and language in this time. I just don't like it at all.

Well, I like original intro, so i guess I won't change my mind, but I will check this edit anyway.

DVD-9 is now available at MU.

I'll wait for DVD-5.

robthom said:
Polishing the ole turd huh?

Whatever butters your fecal matter I guess.

Have you watched the edit? Do you have anything more constructive to say than what appears to be throwaway comments thus far?

Gieferg said:
The comment above should be deleted I think...

Well, I like original intro, so i guess I won't change my mind, but I will check this edit anyway.

[quote:gqxgxvtu]DVD-9 is now available at MU.

I'll wait for DVD-5.[/quote:gqxgxvtu]

That will be up in a couple of hours.

Edit: And now it is available as well.

white43 said:
Have you watched the edit? Do you have anything more constructive to say than what appears to be throwaway comments thus far?

Why would I do that?

I might as well watch a fan edit of the the kardashians for all the difference it would make.

careful, robthom, this is a nice community. You will not be the first to leave us for being rude.

I am checking DVD-9 version (I got first vob already) and I think that the picture when compared to original DVD release which was very (and I mean VERY) sharp (I am turning down sharpness and contrast on my TV when I am watching it) looks the opposite way. Image is very soft here...
I was wondering if there is something wrong with my eyes for a moment :wat:

Here it goes:

above - Kitten Calendar Edit (DVD-9)
below - Original DVD release

Gieferg said:
Here it goes:

above - Kitten Calendar Edit (DVD-9)
below - Original DVD release

I'm not sure why it looks like that. I tested it out on my computer at home.

When I use PowerDVD it looks more like your first picture, when I use Nero Showtime it looks like your 2nd picture.

Hi,

what is the difference between the DVD5 and DVD9 versions? Is the DVD9 version better quality or are they about the same in terms of quality?

oz40 said:
Hi,

what is the difference between the DVD5 and DVD9 versions? Is the DVD9 version better quality or are they about the same in terms of quality?

DVD9 should be better quality since it's at a higher bitrate, but I don't think the difference is going to be that great personally.

The Blu-ray version is now available for this.

Back
Top Bottom