• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen -The Kitten Calendar Ed.

EDIT: Oops, I was thinking of a chapter stop debate.

yes, and it's already going to an unpleasant debate.
But to make it very clear, just for you gieferg:
The audience likes DVDs with menus. They like it nice, the whole great package. With extras, 5.1 audio, subtitles, cover art, chapter menus, trailer, etc, etc,
It gives the audience the feeling of holding a piece of art in their hands. It reflects the devotion of the faneditor.

And that is the plain truth and all there is to say about it.
You do whatever you want to do, but it does not at all change what the majority of people wants and why they will criticize which ever fanedit that does not have that.

The audience likes DVDs with menus. They like it nice, the whole great package. With extras, 5.1 audio, subtitles, cover art, chapter menus, trailer, etc, etc,

I understand it very well, no need to explaining this to me. I also like menus etc. on original DVDs.

But if there is nothing to select - no extras, no subtitles, no alternate audio tracks, menu is only some kind of title card and nothing more. And if fanedit's menu serves no purpose I usually remove it before burning DVD.

but it does not at all change what the majority of people wants

Who said I want change anything? Its only my personal opinion.
Nothing more.

it's already going to an unpleasant debate

I would ask why, cause I really dont know, but I dont want to go offtopic here, so let's shut this debate down before it's too late ;)

Ugh, it took awhile, but I think I was able to get the petra/parachute thing taken care of. I moved some footage from earlier in the movie to use as a time lapse device and removed the bits of Simmons commenting on them dropping "the big boy." I got audio to fix another part with the pyramid in the background when it shouldn't be, and I think I'm pretty much done, I just need to slide the end of the movie over and that should be that. One thing I don't like about Vegas is that it doesn't seem to have a simple way of grouping together a large number of clips without clicking on each one individually. Sure that's easy if you only have a few, but if you have 30 spread out over an hour's worth of footage (including some that are very small unless zoomed in on), it's a major PITA.

I'll try to get a file output tomorrow, and maybe I'll see about making some examples on youtube. Then it's on to the...menus, ugh.

The main thing I wanted to cut but wasn't able to was Jetfire's comments that The Fallen hated humans and wanted to kill them. I tried for quite awhile, and came very very close, but just couldn't make it work. Hmmm....just thought of a possibility...will try it later.

Ok, editing on this is officially done (assuming there aren't any phantom frames when I watch it back), and I was able to fix the bit with Jetfire and his words about The Fallen.

Tomorrow I'll either start changes for the Real Effing Deal version, or work on some menus, etc.

Here's a small clip of where I moved the title to. I did not create anything fancy for the title, since it is still the same movie, just a different edition (which usually isn't mentioned in movie titles).

[youtube:2hp39t2g]

I will have another clip up of the parachute drop in a little while. (Edit: Here it is)

[youtube:2hp39t2g]

They're not completely perfect, but I'm satisfied with them.

I'm not sure why they're so slow, it might be faster to click on them to go to the actual youtube page. I'll have another one up soon with my removal of Jetfire's mentioning of The Fallen's hate for humans (I tried to remove as much as possible that dated the Prime's being on Earth. I wanted to leave the possibility, or probability, that it was before humans even existed when they first arrived and it was the Seekers that interacted with the ancient races).

Clip:

**Video removed by Youtube - See below for Vimeo link.**

And the last one. This is a shortened version of Megatron's revival to eliminate the "error" of them referring to 6 hostiles. Also included is the beginning of the Nemesis scene with less groveling/excuse making by Starscream.

**Video removed by Youtube - See below for Vimeo link.**

There is a little problem with the title sequence. Moving from TF:ROTF transforming logo to Sam's mother is a bit awkward to me. But, on the other hand, moving from headshot to two dogs wasnt very good either.

Maybe switching Diego Garcia sequence with Sam's house sequence (or part of it) would help (but could also mess with film structure too much).

Vimeo links for the last 2 videos that youtube took down.

Other changes I've made since the original post:

*Leo/Mikeala land in desert

*Image of Autobots being loaded onto plane and Lennox comments about it being a mistake

* Removal of Lennox and Epps discussing the phone call and location of coordinates

* Removal of Checkpoint scene

* Remove Galloway parachute scene

* Change footage and trim end of Petra scene to remove Simmons viewing troops parachuting from so far away, and to add time lapse.

*Remove Simmons asking Sam if he sees the flare right after Sam points it out.

*Heavily trim parts of military scenes (most parts without robots).

*Remove Galloway in desert scene

*Remove repeat shot from first movie of Drone

*Trim Simmons conversation with Captain of Aircraft Carrier

*Crop shot of Simmons on walkie talkie to remove wrong pyramid from the background

* Remove Devastator's balls (the flagrant scene anyway).

*Remove Megatron calling Devastator's name - just in case anyone wants to pretend that it wasn't Devastator. (I intended to anyway, and I know it was there when I watched the blu-ray, but on the editing software, the audio of him yelling it is just not there, though the rest of the audio is.)

*Trimmed Sam's meeting with the Primes (I refuse to call this robot heaven since that's not what it is). I don't care a lot for this scene, but I feel it is necessary. I removed the part about Sam's destiny though, that isn't necessary.

*Removed a couple of repeated shots during The Fallen's retrieving of the Matrix.

*Trimmed Fallen/Megatron conversation to remove reference to TFs being on Earth previously.

*Rearranged audio/video during Jetfire exposition to eliminate The Fallen's hatred for humans.

*Removed the audio for "Give me your face!"

*And I went back and cut out the 6 bogeys coming up from the water for those that feel it's a continuity error.

I think I should have a DVD up for this by sometime on Sunday (Depending on how fast it uploads). I'll probably do both a single and dual layer DVD, and a true high def version for those interested, you can burn it as a full BD, or if you want shrink it to AVCHD, but I'll leave that up to the individual. I've finished the menus for my blu-ray, and now I have to completely redo them for the DVD because Nero sucks and doesn't let you just do the same thing for different formats without rebuilding everything. The menus aren't as elaborate as I had planned, and there's really not much animation (outside of the chapter thumbnails), but a lot of animation/motion doesn't really fit well with the theme either. And honestly, as long as it looks decent and well organized, that's about all I care about in regards to menus. I did try to take the time to make them at least look nice, and to fit in well with the theme. The music might be awkward, but I'm not really sure what kind of music does work with this theme, and whatever it is, I'm sure I don't have any of it. And besides, I needed something Transformers related.

I may release an avi for those who are just curious and don't want to download anything big.

Kevinicus said:
I think I should have a DVD up for this by sometime on Sunday (Depending on how fast it uploads). I'll probably do both a single and dual layer DVD, and a true high def version for those interested, you can burn it as a full BD, or if you want shrink it to AVCHD, but I'll leave that up to the individual. I've finished the menus for my blu-ray, and now I have to completely redo them for the DVD because Nero sucks and doesn't let you just do the same thing for different formats without rebuilding everything. The menus aren't as elaborate as I had planned, and there's really not much animation (outside of the chapter thumbnails), but a lot of animation/motion doesn't really fit well with the theme either. And honestly, as long as it looks decent and well organized, that's about all I care about in regards to menus. I did try to take the time to make them at least look nice, and to fit in well with the theme. The music might be awkward, but I'm not really sure what kind of music does work with this theme, and whatever it is, I'm sure I don't have any of it. And besides, I needed something Transformers related.

I may release an avi for those who are just curious and don't want to download anything big.

How about a 720p .mkv? :)

emphatic said:
Kevinicus said:

How about a 720p .mkv? :)

It'll probably be a 1080p .m2ts. If you want a 720p .mkv there are plenty of free programs that will do that easily enough. I'm going to put the highest quality file I can out there, and let people adjust it to their needs.

I tried to remove as much as possible that dated the Prime's being on Earth. I wanted to leave the possibility, or probability, that it was before humans even existed when they first arrived

And what is the point of that change?

If primes & the fallen were on Earth before humans even existed, then who were Primes protecting from the Fallen by sacrificing their lives? Dinosaurs?

Could be. Jetfire said they wouldn't destroy a planet with life. He did not say intelligent life.

I just hate the 17,000 B.C. thing. It just doesn't seem anywhere close to old enough for a race like the Transformers. Especially with the Fallen supposedly being like an ancient ancestor. Prime and Megatron, etc. are over 12,000 years old at the very least, so it's not even half a lifetime between the events talked about and their origin. For the language to have been almost completely lost just doesn't seem right.

The opening was going to be cut either way though, even if I couldn't completely eliminate the restrictions on the time line.

just hate the 17,000 B.C. thing. It just doesn't seem anywhere close to old enough for a race like the Transformers.

wait a sec...Who said that they're that old? (or young;))

Primes could be even several millions year old (or more) at the time of Fallen's...well...fall. Yes, they were ancient ancestors, but transformers race must have existed long before this event (as they've been traveling through the universe long before arriving to Earth). So only the autobot vs decepticons war which was supposedly started by Fallen's rebellion would be 17 000 year old, not transformers race.

I prefer when Primes sacrificed their lives for humans than for dinosaurs, especially when there is no reason for that second version to be any better than the first one.

Back
Top Bottom