• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen -The Kitten Calendar Ed.

Would it seem plausible (enough anyway) for me to have Soundwave discover Sam's general location later in the film using the phone call from Simmons to Lennox? Originally Soundwave makes this discovery because of the "Checkpoint" scene with the Oompa Loompa (There's a camera which catches Sam's face and is forwarded to the CIA). I don't feel the scene is necessary, and just slows things down myself. What do you guys think?

Also, the trouble with Simmons seeing Prime etc. parachute out of the plane...

Currently I've cut all of the scenes of Simmons watching the them and commenting on the dropping the big boy, so technically you can say he doesn't see the parachuting part. However, there is nothing in between him seeing the planes and the remaining parachute sequence, so there it may still feel like he sees them. At least it feels like that to me. Would you guys agree? I'm not sure if there is a later scene I can splice in there to break it up. I'm not sure if I want to try and do a fade or anything because the energy would just feel off to me.

Thanks to Vegas (I've only had it for about 3 days now) I've been able to remove the continuity error of the wrong pyramid being in the background while Simmons is on the radio. You might still be able to see it on one shot if you look very closely, but pretty much it's fixed.

I have to fix one more shot the same way and it will allow me to remove another 20 seconds of footage.

ChldsPlay said:
Thanks to Vegas (I've only had it for about 3 days now) I've been able to remove the continuity error of the wrong pyramid being in the background while Simmons is on the radio. You might still be able to see it on one shot if you look very closely, but pretty much it's fixed.

I have to fix one more shot the same way and it will allow me to remove another 20 seconds of footage.

While that is cool, I noted :

I should mention that those who hated the Twins probably will not like my cut. My wife and I loved the Twins and every single frame involving those 2 will remain in this fanedit.

Is not so cool. I'm unlikely to watch your edit based on this. Aside the stupid, sterotypical representation of obviously black males - they bring the overall seriousness of the film down. They are the Jar Jar of TF. Slimming down their appearances improves the film entirely - as shown in Gieferg's cut.

ChldsPlay said:
zeppelinrox said:
Now that's one giant ass kitten

Would it seem plausible (enough anyway) for me to have Soundwave discover Sam's general location later in the film using the phone call from Simmons to Lennox? Originally Soundwave makes this discovery because of the "Checkpoint" scene with the Oompa Loompa (There's a camera which catches Sam's face and is forwarded to the CIA). I don't feel the scene is necessary, and just slows things down myself. What do you guys think?

great idea also vastly reduces michael bay stereotypes

also: will you cut the terminatrix entirely? the scene with here more or less adds nothing to the plot: the "sex-scene" creates a "conflict" between shia the beef and megan fox that is not really a conflict, the car-peeing scene and the party scene doesn't move the story forward and the library battle doesn't do anything either

just let sam freak out because of the allspark and then get taken to optimus telling him the dramatic backgroudn story

also: what will you do about the background story since it more or less contradicts the statement in the first transformers where the autobots act as if earth was just another planet, not the planet that caused the war between decepticons and autobots because of the energy source

also: will you cut the terminatrix entirely? the scene with here more or less adds nothing to the plot

Except that she is the reason for Sam & co. to running away and being caught by Decepticons, which is the reason for Optimus being killed, which is the reason of everything which happens in second half of the movie.

I cant imagine how all this can work if she is entirely removed. I've cut out only her car scene, but added deleted scene with her (in v.1.3) instead. Chldsplay seems to just remove some parts of all of her scenes. Not every single scene that she's in.

White43 said:
Slimming down their appearances improves the film entirely - as shown in Gieferg's cut.

In version 1.3 there will be even less of them. Maybe, as I've stated before, hybrid cut between mine and chldsplay's would be a good idea (and we can wait for Resparked also ;))

Chldsplay said:
Would it seem plausible (enough anyway) for me to have Soundwave discover Sam's general location later in the film using the phone call from Simmons to Lennox? Originally Soundwave makes this discovery because of the "Checkpoint" scene with the Oompa Loompa (There's a camera which catches Sam's face and is forwarded to the CIA)

I've been thinking about this kind of change also, but ultimately have given up on this one (i wasnt completely sure if this is a good idea).

white43 said:
Is not so cool. I'm unlikely to watch your edit based on this. Aside the stupid, sterotypical representation of obviously black males - they bring the overall seriousness of the film down. They are the Jar Jar of TF. Slimming down their appearances improves the film entirely - as shown in Gieferg's cut.

That's up to you, and I'm sorry if that's a deal breaker for you, but I love the characters and don't think of them as black at all. They remind me of my idiot brother in law who is as white as they come. I think they do brothers very well, and I think they lampoon some punk ass teenager/young adult stereotypes (not racial ones either) brilliantly while having some really great lines along the way, and I think for the most part they work because what they say isn't dwelled upon, and is mostly in passing, often times in the background, and doesn't slow anything down. Jar Jar they are not, IMO. I had expected to hate them before I saw the movie, but they are 2 of my favorite characters in any movie this year.

Gieferg said:
also: will you cut the terminatrix entirely? the scene with here more or less adds nothing to the plot

Except that she is the reason for Sam & co. to running away and being caught by Decepticons, which is the reason for Optimus being killed, which is the reason of everything which happens in second half of the movie.

I cant imagine how all this can work if she is entirely removed. I've cut out only her car scene, but added deleted scene with her (in v.1.3) instead. Chldsplay seems to just remove some parts of all of her scenes. Not every single scene that she's in.

Yes, there is no way to remove her completely and have the story make any sense, and yes I have trimmed every scene involving her (except the action post library - not counting Leo's line). I considered removing the scene in Bumblebee altogether, but I found parts of it...well basically one part of it, to be humorous, and while Geiferg handled the removal of that scene very well, I couldn't bare to part with the tighter shirt joke. Also, because of how I trimmed the party scene before it, I felt the car scene was still necessary to highlight her aggressiveness.

Chldsplay said:
Would it seem plausible (enough anyway) for me to have Soundwave discover Sam's general location later in the film using the phone call from Simmons to Lennox? Originally Soundwave makes this discovery because of the "Checkpoint" scene with the Oompa Loompa (There's a camera which catches Sam's face and is forwarded to the CIA)

Geiferg said:
I've been thinking about this kind of change also, but ultimately have given up on this one (i wasnt completely sure if this is a good idea).

It wasn't the easiest edit in the world, though maybe if I had Vegas at the time it would have been fairly easy. I'm amazed at how easy some things go together with Vegas that were such a pain in my other program.

I've finished the last 45 min. in Vegas, now I just need to combine the 2 parts and perfect a few bits from the part from my other program. Then it'll be onto the menus, etc. (Still accepting any artwork people may want to make up. Editing photos is not my favorite thing in the world, and certainly nothing I'm great at, so any help is always appreciated).

white43 said:
Not true... at least Jar Jar served one important narrative purpose to the story of EP1. :p
(aka, he was Amidala's sole link to the Gungans and their army, who in turn gave her an army to use in a counterattack against the Trade Federation, which in turn allowed her and the Jedi to enter the Naboo capital and capture the TF Viceroy)

What narrative purpose do the Twins serve to the plot of TF2?
Absolutely none.

JasonN said:
white43 said:
Not true... at least Jar Jar served one important narrative purpose to the story of EP1. :p
(aka, he was Amidala's sole link to the Gungans and their army, who in turn gave her an army to use in a counterattack against the Trade Federation, which in turn allowed her and the Jedi to enter the Naboo capital and capture the TF Viceroy)

What narrative purpose do the Twins serve to the plot of TF2?
Absolutely none.

I agree, they don't really serve a narrative purpose, but not everything in a movie needs to serve a narrative purpose. They are strictly for enjoyment (at least some people's) purposes.

ChldsPlay said:
I agree, they don't really serve a narrative purpose, but not everything in a movie needs to serve a narrative purpose. They are strictly for enjoyment (at least some people's) purposes.

i completely agree, im not much of a star wars fan but i have seen them nd i thought jar jar was a fun character ( yet again i was 8 yr old ) but i had no problem with the twins or any of Michael bays humour its wat makes it fun to watch, i agree there r some plot hole nd things that should have been kept out but i find the movie is still good the way it is, im just here looking at edits for a new way to watch the original film

Chldsplay - is your edit based on Big-Screen Edition (IMAX version) ?

And how much of the original footage will be cut in your version? (in mine - the latest version, not released yet - there is something about 20 minutes cut and 90 seconds or so added). Are you using any of deleted scenes or alternate footage from trailers?

Gieferg said:
And how much of the original footage will be cut in your version? (in mine - the latest version, not released yet - there is something about 20 minutes cut and 90 seconds or so added). Are you using any of deleted scenes or alternate footage from trailers?

No, I'm not using any deleted scenes, or alternate footage. I'm somewhere between 19-21 minutes cut, but I'm not sure exactly where it will end up at (it's currently in 2 parts that I haven't combined yet).

I may actually finish my editing by tomorrow. I'm also considering doing a 2nd version with the Twins trimmed to open it to a larger audience, but I don't know if I will or not. I could probably get a few more minutes out doing that, but even if I do, the official version will be the one with 100% of the Twins.

I'm also considering doing a 2nd version

I was considering second audio track for my edit, which would not have Stan Bush songs, but eventually decided not doing it. My edit will be the way I wanted it to be, even if less people like it (besides, adding second audio on SL DVD won't help picture quality at all).

No, I'm not using any deleted scenes, or alternate footage

Good, they will be "exclusive" in mine then :D

I may actually finish my editing by tomorrow

Are you releasing .avi first? In that case I'll wait for DVD.

Gieferg said:
I'm also considering doing a 2nd version

I was considering second audio track for my edit, which would not have Stan Bush songs, but eventually decided not doing it. My edit will be the way I wanted it to be, even if less people like it (besides, adding second audio on SL DVD won't help picture quality at all).

[quote:1fnav9zs]No, I'm not using any deleted scenes, or alternate footage

Good, they will be "exclusive" in mine then :D

I may actually finish my editing by tomorrow

Are you releasing .avi first? In that case I'll wait for DVD.[/quote:1fnav9zs]

I am just about done with the editing now. I've got it combined together, and it's just over 19 minutes that are cut out. I'd probably be close to 23 if I just removed Sam's parents at school and Alice in BB as you did. I have my reasons for keeping them though.

I doubt I'll do an .avi first. Since I'm doing everything in HD, it's easier for me to make a HD mpeg file of the movie that I can plug into software to make the Blu-ray/DVD.

Of course creating the menus, etc. is going to take some time. And honestly, I'll be a lot less motivated to work on the DVD/Blu-ray than I was working on the actual movie. Menus certainly aren't why I did any of this. It's almost more work than the movie honestly, for very little payoff. Plus, I don't have any images to work with yet, and I'm not that great with photoshop either. Kittens...it should be interesting. I'm also waiting to see if I can get an HD copy of the FanEdit THX animation.

I'd also like to come up with some kind of logo for myself using Kevin (a.k.a. Kevinicus) from the old animated series, "Captain N: The Game Master."

Of course creating the menus, etc. is going to take some time.

For me that is waste of time. I doubt I will create menus for any of my edits. I dont like static menus at all and animated menus are waste of space in case of SL DVD releases (unless movie is short).

btw, what's the point in quoting whole posts all the time? Especially when they're just above your reply? :)

Ah man.....this feels like deja vu.

Back
Top Bottom