• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers 2

Gaith said:
Hey, what, like that Gaith guy does? Not only has he specifically argued against merging multiple movies of a series just for the heck of it (viz, BttF), I'm pretty sure he's not interested in "movies" about robots smashing each other nonsensically for more than two hours. I think he thought the first one was alright, though the ending city battle went on way too long, but I'm pretty sure he thinks that the whole idea of big robots in disguise is pretty lame. I could ask him for you, though. :)
Please Gaith, don't go all BlueYoda on me and start talking about yourself in the third person. It's freakin me out. :shock:
and you didn't think the razzin over that amazing piece of fanediting finesse was over did you? :p
Now stop hijacking this thread. :wink:

Razz all you like; I never claimed to be editing for anyone but myself. And while I've made numerous, detailed and artistic arguments for the judicious use of title cards, the only objection I seem to hear is "but it looks weird!" :wink:

For moi, watching the snake pit and jungle chase once was enough. For TF2, never is enough. :)

killbillme said:
stop hijacking this thread. :wink:
I dunno, I kinda love those links to the narrative plot/thematic plot.
I figure one day, maybe I will figure out what the hell a thematic plot is.

I have a feeling there are a lot of people who are going to hate my edit of ROTF, because I am of the group that loved the Twins and Wheelie. They're some of my favorite parts of the movie (obviously the forest battle is the best part) and as such they will probably not be cut much, if at all. Actually, very little robot footage will be cut really.

By far my biggest issue with this movie, much like the first, is the pacing. I would still find the full length version of ROTF more entertaining than my edit (or anyone's edit) of the original movie with 20+ minutes cut out. There's just a lot more in ROTF that is more entertaining (better action, better story, no Maggie/Glenn/SecDef, etc.) IMO.

I'm not sure how the other edit was done in only 10 hours as this is taking me quite awhile to do and the cuts have been quite frustrating at times (too much fast talking!) There's a lot of fat to trim too.

ChldsPlay said:
There's just a lot more in ROTF that is more entertaining (better action, better story, no Maggie/Glenn/SecDef, etc.) IMO.
Are you saying ROTF is better than Transformers 1?
Are you saying that ROTF even has a story that makes sense? :wat:

ROFT's storyline makes no logical sense whatsoever. It's like all the robots got their logic chip infected by a retardo virus. Retardobots... yeah

Just look at the "nonsensical" link posted by Gaith.
Actually, here it is http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bon ... 2_faqs.php

zeppelinrox said:
ChldsPlay said:
There's just a lot more in ROTF that is more entertaining (better action, better story, no Maggie/Glenn/SecDef, etc.) IMO.
Are you saying ROTF is better than Transformers 1?
Are you saying that ROTF even has a story that makes sense? :wat:

ROFT's storyline makes no logical sense whatsoever. It's like all the robots got their logic chip infected by a retardo virus. Retardobots... yeah

Just look at the "nonsensical" link posted by Gaith.
Actually, here it is http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bon ... 2_faqs.php

Most definitely better than TF1. I honestly can't say one single thing that the original did better than ROTF.
I had no trouble understanding ROTF's story, it's rather simplistic and easy to understand IMO.
I've seen most of the "faqs" and stuff people have made and most of them were garbage that just wasn't true 99% of the time. I've seen that one before too and it's pretty bad. Just because they couldn't figure some of the stuff out using basic logic, doesn't mean there was a problem with the movie. They prove numerous times they didn't understand what was going or, or that they weren't paying attention.

I'm not worried about the inaccuracies about if they filmed at the actual Air Museum and that sort of stuff.

ChldsPlay said:
Most definitely better than TF1. I honestly can't say one single thing that the original did better than ROTF.
Again... your opinion. :|

ChldsPlay said:
I've seen most of the "faqs" and stuff people have made and most of them were garbage that just wasn't true 99% of the time. I've seen that one before too and it's pretty bad. Just because they couldn't figure some of the stuff out using basic logic, doesn't mean there was a problem with the movie. They prove numerous times they didn't understand what was going or, or that they weren't paying attention.
I am a perfectly intellegent and sane human being... and I can safely say that Topless Robot was one hundred percent "On-the-Money" on his assessment and I shared the exact same thoughts that he had while watching this movie:

This movie had no f***ing logic... absolutely NONE.
It is totally inane, non-sensical, and intellegence-insulting BULLCRAP. :p

ChldsPlay said:
I'm not worried about the inaccuracies about if they filmed at the actual Air Museum and that sort of stuff.
You mean like how the last hour of the movie takes place in the Gulf of Aqaba... which is approximately 300 miles away from Giza Egypt and doesn't have ANY of the Great Pyramids or the Sphinx? :evil:

JasonN said:
I am a perfectly intellegent and sane human being... and I can safely say that Topless Robot was one hundred percent "On-the-Money" on his assessment and I shared the exact same thoughts that he had while watching this movie:

This movie had no f***ing logic... absolutely NONE.
It is totally inane, non-sensical, and intellegence-insulting BULLCRAP. :p

Your opinion, but like I said, it made perfect sense to me and had less crap than the first (lets run to the city full of people so we can have a huge fight with the robots there. That ways nobody will get hurt.).

JasonN said:
You mean like how the last hour of the movie takes place in the Gulf of Aqaba... which is approximately 300 miles away from Giza Egypt and doesn't have ANY of the Great Pyramids or the Sphinx? :evil:

That is one example. Stuff that 95% of the population doesn't know as general knowledge, and probably 99% of the people that complain about it never knew until someone pointed it out in a "faq." Stuff that occurs in pretty much any movie that isn't extremely small in scale.

ChldsPlay said:
Stuff that 95% of the population doesn't know as general knowledge, and probably 99% of the people that complain about it never knew until someone pointed it out in a "faq."
You give the "general population" too little credit - all anyone has to do is just watch the Discovery Channel or hell, even remember a high school history class to know that Egypt isn't littered with Great Pyramids every five miles... :roll:

JasonN said:
ChldsPlay said:
Stuff that 95% of the population doesn't know as general knowledge, and probably 99% of the people that complain about it never knew until someone pointed it out in a "faq."
You give the "general population" too little credit - all anyone has to do is just watch the Discovery Channel or hell, even remember a high school history class to know that Egypt isn't littered with Great Pyramids every five miles... :roll:

I don't think the movie implied that it is. But still, your average movie goer isn't going to be extremely familiar with the layout of the mideast beyond perhaps where the major countries are located. I guarantee you if you polled people going into the movie which country Petra was in, you'd have less than 10% get it right, even with multiple choice.

ChldsPlay said:
JasonN said:
I don't think the movie implied that it is.
With nearly every driving scene in Egypt showing clusters of pyramids in the background (regardless of the geographical location that the characters are suppose to be) and by completely f***ing up the location of the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx.... yes, it is.

I can't believe that transformer heaven makes sense or the fact that the autobots didn't think to use the shard to bring optimus back to life.

I instantly hated this dog fucking movie without knowing egyptian geography or the exact location of the pyramids.

There was no logical story, no suspense, no drama and a whole lotta stupid shit.

I guess this is a fantastic movie if you like dog fucking, the stupidest stoned mother ever, teleporting transformers, a whore transformer that looks human, transformer heaven and of course, NOT using the shard to bring optimus back to life.

ChldsPlay, maybe you can enlighten us as to how that makes any sort of sense. Espcially that shard nonsense.
Please... I can use a laugh tomorrow when I get back from work.

Oh, I forgot about the farting transformers...
And blue penis.. well... if there wasn't a blue penis in this movie, then there should have been since it would fit right in... Maybe in that sexy whore transformer.

zeppelinrox said:
I can't believe that transformer heaven makes sense or the fact that the autobots didn't think to use the shard to bring optimus back to life.

Transporting Transformers....you do realize this is a sci-fi movie right, with Giant robots from a planet far more advanced technologically than ours right? It's called a space bridge, something else historically a part of Transformers.

I see nothing wrong with a slightly stoned mom, though I agree it went on too long.
Nothing wrong with machines having exhaust either, especially for the whopping 2 combined seconds on screen.
Alice was a Pretender, more from Transformers history - not perfect, but not really bad either.

There is no robot heaven in this movie, and I really wish people would stop calling it that just because they don't understand it, or Transformers lore. The Matrix contains the the consciousness of all the previous Primes and all of their Wisdom. Sam did not go to "robot heaven" but within the Matrix itself. This is all part of previous Transformers series, even G1 (though I'm not sure if a human ever did this).

The autobots bringing Prime back is the lamest thing people keep bringing up too. The Autobots don't know how to bring anyone back with the splinter, they don't know the splinter can do that. They don't know exactly how Megatron was brought back to life. It's stated pretty clearly that the Decepticons have far more knowledge than the Autobots do. Also, nowhere is it even said that the Autobots even know about the splinter. And even then, nobody knows if the splinter could bring anyone back to life like the much larger shard did (Jetfire wasn't dead if that's where you're going to go). Really, all it takes is common sense to figure this out.

I swear most of what people complain about this movie, outside of the Twins, Sam's mom, and parts rooted in Transformers lore, is about 1 minute worth of screen time (i.e. dogs humping, devastator balls, and a few other small bits of unimportance). I agree that the dogs humping and the wrecking balls were stupid, but they're about .1% of the movie, it's not that big of a deal. The first movie had just as many, if not more, parts that were similarly stupid...actually definitely more, it had Maggie and Glenn, a good 20% of the movie that was pure useless, uninteresting, crap without a single redeeming quality.

JasonN said:
ChldsPlay said:
JasonN said:
I don't think the movie implied that it is.
With nearly every driving scene in Egypt showing clusters of pyramids in the background (regardless of the geographical location that the characters are suppose to be) and by completely f***ing up the location of the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx.... yes, it is.

There wasn't much driving in Egypt. They go from Jetfire to a town/city (possibly outskirts of Cairo?) to Pyramids to Jordan. The distance is a little messed up once they're in Jordan, but it's not as if they were driving to different towns all over Egypt.

ChldsPlay said:
The Autobots don't know how to bring anyone back with the splinter, they don't know the splinter can do that. They don't know exactly how Megatron was brought back to life. It's stated pretty clearly that the Decepticons have far more knowledge than the Autobots do. Also, nowhere is it even said that the Autobots even know about the splinter. And even then, nobody knows if the splinter could bring anyone back to life like the much larger shard did (Jetfire wasn't dead if that's where you're going to go). Really, all it takes is common sense to figure this out.

Common sense doesn't help when the film itself ignores it.

Wheelie takes Sam and co. to see Jetfire, Sam holds up the shard when instructed to do so, it spangs on over into Jetfire, bringing him back to life. They had the knowledge, they had the means, they had the wish...So the question remains, why did they not simply use it on Optimus?

And if Jetfire wasn't dead, what was he? Sleeping since the '70s? That's another whole line of problems...did he go to sleep/die in jet form on the tarmac one day? Why did they put him in the museum? Didn't the airforce wonder why they had an extra Blackbird suddenly out of nowhere? Did he secret himself there on purpose? If so, why didn't they ever notice he wasn't a real Blackbird? The Decepticon symbol is a bit of a giveaway, after all...

Most definitely better than TF1

Most definitely WORSE than TF1. In TF1 I would cut only BumblePEE scene, of course there is more stupid things, but they're not even 50% of stupidity level reached in the sequel. Whole hackers subplot is pretty useless also but not as annoying as Twins & Leo & Sam Parent's in ROTF. I dont even see a real need to trimming TF1 down (i've seen resparked edit and was like "nah, I prefer original"), and in the case of ROTF :arrow: I have been thinking about it since I watched it in theater.

I honestly can't say one single thing that the original did better than ROTF.

I'd say, almost everything.

The Matrix contains the the consciousness of all the previous Primes and all of their Wisdom

Ok, but I am sick, when I am seeing another "chosen one" story with ancestors spirits like "Mufasa in Lion King" (as Topless Robot said). It was like:
55ms9.gif
moment when I was watching it first time. The first thing I've cut out was this scene.

I had no trouble understanding ROTF's story, it's rather simplistic and easy to understand IMO.

Oh, yes, and ubelievably stupid also.

Just because they couldn't figure some of the stuff out using basic logic

In this case "basic logci" just doesnt work.

JasonN said:
and I can safely say that Topless Robot was one hundred percent "On-the-Money" on his assessment and I shared the exact same thoughts that he had while watching this movie

True. This film is stupid, so stupid that it hurts. Whole Fallen & Primes plot is just idiotic (i wont explain why, cause Topless Robot said everything what should be said) But I have been hardcore Transformers fan for almost 20 years, so I will watch this movie many times, and to avoid too much pain, I had to remove something about 20 minutes of pure stupidity & other useless stuff. And even when It's done there is still so much stupidity left in :shock:

Chdlsplay said:
see nothing wrong with a slightly stoned mom

I do. One of my first cuts. If this stays I dont know why even bother editing this movie.

btw Disc 1 of DVD version of my edit should be available today ;)

I wonder in this discussion, Is anyone really expecting to change anyone's mind?
Love it or hate it, the most successful film of 2009 seemed to find an audience for whom the film worked.
Coglan's Law: Anything else is always something better. :p

killbillme said:
Is anyone really expecting to change anyone's mind?
Not me. But I do love a little spirited discussion now and then. :)

wonder in this discussion, Is anyone really expecting to change anyone's mind?

Nope.

It's not the purpose of the discussion at all.
The purpose is - to let others know what we think and why, and to know what others think and why

(or: to simply explain why we're right ane they're wrong :D changing mind isn't necessary ;))

killbillme said:
I wonder in this discussion, Is anyone really expecting to change anyone's mind?
Probably not, killbillme, but I hate this movie so god-damn much that I'm gonna try anyway! :D

ChldsPlay said:
Transporting Transformers....you do realize this is a sci-fi movie right, with Giant robots from a planet far more advanced technologically than ours right? It's called a space bridge, something else historically a part of Transformers.
I don't care what you call it or if it was a part of the G1 cartoon series:
It came from out of NOWHERE and was NEVER EXPLAINED at all to the audience, so why should they just automatically accept that certain Transformers have instant teleportation abilities?

ChldsPlay said:
Alice was a Pretender, more from Transformers history - not perfect, but not really bad either.
Nooo... she was a younger, slutty T-X from Terminator 3. :roll:

ChldsPlay said:
There is no robot heaven in this movie, and I really wish people would stop calling it that just because they don't understand it, or Transformers lore. The Matrix contains the the consciousness of all the previous Primes and all of their Wisdom. Sam did not go to "robot heaven" but within the Matrix itself. This is all part of previous Transformers series, even G1 (though I'm not sure if a human ever did this).
I don't have to have that much knowledge of "Transformer lore" or whatever to be able to spot a "near-death experience" scene in a movie, because that is exactly what this was: an NDE in which Sam meets the ghosts of the former Primes, in which they give all this talk about "Fate", how bringing Optimus back to life was always Sam's "destiny", how he needs to return and "Fulfill your Destiny", yada, yada yada.... :|

ChldsPlay said:
The first movie had just as many, if not more, parts that were similarly stupid...actually definitely more, it had Maggie and Glenn, a good 20% of the movie that was pure useless, uninteresting, crap without a single redeeming quality.
In other words, EXACTLY like Leo and the twins Skids and Mudflap.
(who all contributed utter jack-sh*t NOTHING to the plot... and weren't as good looking as Maggie :p )

Back
Top Bottom