• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ThrowgnCpr's newest covers

ROSE RED never looked better. :)

thanks boon ;) Does it get the official endorsement? :lol:

boon_approval.png

hahaha.... terrific. Yeah, I would use that. :) By all means, yes.

I had some requests for disc labels for the Harry Potter Archive releases. Here they are. I will update the links on fanedit.org, but in the meantime a download link is below the images. I'll keep this same format for future HP Archive releases :)

HPA_discs.jpg

DOWNLOAD

they look cool, but i think you should at least change the color for each volume

I think he reserves the different colors for the other years.

boon23 said:
I think he reserves the different colors for the other years.

you guessed it my friend. Each year will have a different color. Volumes within that year will have the same color. same goes for the case inserts. It should look pretty rad when there are a bunch more and they are all lined up on your shelf :)

i gotta jump on the dvd art stuff - all my titles live in a (few) bid DVD cases.

...i would have a lot of DVDs tho - that might be a problem

I have been working on this a while with suggestions back and forth with lewis. Its almost done, just need a few minor tweeks, but I thought I would give you a taste. This is for his Star Wars prequel amalgamation. I am pretty excited about the edit, and a little birdy told me its on the way :)

This is an "official"-ish cover "A" for the edit. There will also be a cover "B". I will post that as soon as its complete. Cover B will be very similar, only take on more of a rough art feel. Keep your eyes locked in :D

RiseoftheEmpirecover1preview.jpg

Lots of work went into this cover. I was going for a look that was slightly inspired by my own painting style (which tends to be earthy and gritty) as well as Steve Anderson's (very bright at times with a gritty feel). Steve is a cool artist who has done a lot of covers for Star Wars novels. check him out.

Each character in the montage on the front was individually worked into the cover art. same with the "hidden" characters on the back

that looks brill throw!!!!

indeed. Really a nice one.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support from my fellow artists ;) It was a lot of fun to work on this cover. lewis886 had some great ideas and I think the cover has greatly benefited by going back and forth with him on it. My favorite covers so far have been the ones where I worked with the editor on the design.

I am also really excited about the cover for Bounty Hunter - Beyond the Game 2.0 that I have been working on for Galactus. It looks like the edit has been pushed back for a January release, but as soon as everything is finalized I will post the cover. I have been working on the cover for many many months, and its looking good.

ThrowgnCpr that new cover you've done is excellent. It's very difficult to put a lot in a cover without it looking cluttered, but you've got the balance just right. I also really like your simpler covers on pg1.

Zebedee where did you find that young Anakin/Vader pic on page 1, that's a really cool image.

ThrowgnCpr, I just took a look at the artwork you did for My Master and Apprentice edit, and I must say it looks great. Much better than the cover I designed. Really fantastic work.

Thanks Horace :) I'll create covers for the others in the series based on the same design, so that they are a matching set. You will just need to fill me in on the details of the length of the edit, and if there is a particular character you want to see on the cover

I will definately do that.In fact, I already have all the covers made. I put them together in Illustrator, and I had to get them done before my trial period ended. So, as I finish an edit, I'll send you the cover I made and the runtime, and you can sort of treat my cover like a rough draft. If you have a better idea as far as what characters, or what piece of art to use, please feel free to change my ideas.
Thanks again for the offer, and I'll send you the covers as I finish my edits.

I realized I never added my covers from the contests so here...

Sept07:

Two Exits From Pan's Labyrinth by CBB:
ThrowgnCpr_CBB_Pan_preview.jpg

Blazing Saddles Extended by ADM:
ThrowgnCpr_ADM_BSEE_preview.jpg

Sept07:

Miami Vice - Go Fast Edition by: gekko
MVGFE_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

The Big Sleep - DoctorM Reconstructed Gangrel Hybrid
BS_RGHC_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

so nothing new, just thought I should add them to this thread. For the Pans Labyrinth cover, I wanted something that felt cold and hard like the labyrinth itself. For Blazing Saddles, I didnt have much to work with, so I just tried to make a neat looking cover using the poster art (and the beans fit nice for the disc :) ). Nothing special for the Miami Vice cover, just a simple cover using the poster art. For the Big Sleep I wanted something that symbolized sleep, so I went for feathers. Instead of down feathers, I found a cool image of plumes. It worked well I think

Back
Top Bottom