• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Welcome! Nice to have you. I look forward to seeing your edits!
Thank you. May I ask, is there some waiting period before I'm able to post normally in the forums, or some other conditions? I only registered yesterday, but notice that I'm able to make a new thread in this "General FE Discussions" forum, but in others it shows the message "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here".

I read through the forum rules/FAQ but didn't see anything about this. Just wondering, thanks.

Try making a couple more posts around the forum and then try.

Thanks. Don't think I'll have much to say until I'm ready to make my own posts, but will just wait and see.

Hey folks. I've been a movie buff since I was little tike. I found FanEdit by accident and noticed a new world that's been opened up to me. I can't wait to see what's already been here and what's to come. Taking a page out of Neglify's book with what to add in this post, I like a lot about movies in general. It takes a lot for me to dislike one because I just suspend disbelief and get lost in the beauty of a good film and the insanity of a bad film. I just dislike films that try to be bad for the sake of being considered "so bad it's good", also films that insist upon themselves being cool when they are not at all.

If I have the guts to ever work on a fanedit for myself, i'm sure it'll be because of the community.

Anyone know how to message a member if there name doesn't appear in the search in the members area?
I'm trying to PM "a Digital Man" about a project. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Just wanted to say hi, registered a little ago, and have been lurking mostly, trying to catch up by reading about a lot of projects and fanedits of movies I grew up seeing, and loving in particular seeing work being done on restorations of alternate versions that seemed mostly lost now. (y)

Hi there, I have been enjoying fanedits over the years and I joined here a while ago and the quality of output from the members is of such a high standard.
I have been working on some films and TV editing of my own for a while now and hope to share some of these in due course when I get a bit better at this.

Hi there, I have been enjoying fanedits over the years and I joined here a while ago and the quality of output from the members is of such a high standard.
I have been working on some films and TV editing of my own for a while now and hope to share some of these in due course when I get a bit better at this.
Welcome!

I just got here to upload an edit of mine and I need 5 posts to upload so hopefully commenting here helps

Wow, it looks like this community has been in existence for quite sometime, I noticed that this thread was started back in 2012. Although I'm fairly new to fan edits, I'm not new to the scene, as I enjoy curating and expanding my collection of Plex libraries.

My introduction to fan edits happened when I stumbled upon a Reddit post showcasing a combined version of all three Hobbit movies into a single film - what an amazing concept! This discovery instantly grabbed my attention and sparked my interest. I think it awesome to be able to witness extended cinematic scenes and dimensions that further enrich the fantasy of movies.

*waves*

Hello all. New user here, but been doing film things as a hobby for years. I've always wanted to try some fan edits, so here I am.
My first question: Which of the two actual FanEdit "hosting" sites should I utilize? Fanedit Central or Fanedit Info? I'd like to just stick with one, if possible, and they both seem...quirky. So which is the one I should take the time & effort to work with?

Question 2: Is there a search function for these forums? I'm not seeing one, but I want to make sure I at least look for something before I create a whole new post/thread asking a question that's already been answered.

[update] I just knew if I asked this question, I'd immediately find the search bar. And I did. Disregard!

Hi everybody. Years ago I came across Harmy's Star Wars project. It didn't even dawn on me that there were other fan edits out there. I'm so glad I found this website.
Welcome, you've taken your first step into a larger world!

Back
Top Bottom