• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

Hi gang, just wanted to drop a post as I got set up as a Newbie then kind of fell off the Earth for several months for which I apologize. Had some personal things going on, but I am back! I am just getting back to doing more fanedits. It is funny because I checked how many films I've done fan cuts of in the last 6 or 7 years and I am now at 42! I cannot wait to share them with the group here, and I am also excited to check out some of the recuts that you all have available as well. I am working to meet my posting criteria so that I am eligible to set up what I have to offer. I'm just dying to give a list of what I have recut here, but I know that's against the rules. I'm working to build up space on my Google Drive so that I can upload what I have and be able to share links once I am eligible.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!!! -- Greenie007

Hey everyone! Super excited to join the community.
My main focus for the moment is in SFX (replacing/reducing sounds, background music, etc) and I've been really impressed by the wealth of useful information people have contributed.

I'm very new here and it's a pleasure meeting you all.

Hope to learn from everyone and contribute my own work once it's complete.
--Flood-Mic

Hi gang, just wanted to drop a post as I got set up as a Newbie then kind of fell off the Earth for several months for which I apologize. Had some personal things going on, but I am back! I am just getting back to doing more fanedits. It is funny because I checked how many films I've done fan cuts of in the last 6 or 7 years and I am now at 42! I cannot wait to share them with the group here, and I am also excited to check out some of the recuts that you all have available as well. I am working to meet my posting criteria so that I am eligible to set up what I have to offer. I'm just dying to give a list of what I have recut here, but I know that's against the rules. I'm working to build up space on my Google Drive so that I can upload what I have and be able to share links once I am eligible.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!!! -- Greenie007
Welcome Back! Greenie. We are anxious to see what you've got!

I'm just dying to give a list of what I have recut here, but I know that's against the rules. I'm working to build up space on my Google Drive so that I can upload what I have and be able to share links once I am eligible.
Welcome back! It's completely ok to share a list of edits that you've completed, you just can t share links in the forums. You'll need to first submit an edit to the academy for review by creating an active In The Works thread, then filling out a first time submission form when the edit is 100% complete. ArtisDead and/or an academy member will then reach out regarding your edit. When your edit is approved, you can list other edits that meet IFDb standards for quality.

Alright! I finally figured it out. Looking forward to some of these FanEdits. My favorite thus far being the Hobbit: Tolkien Edition.
I think my top list is probably the same as most newbies here:
Star Wars Prequals (I saw these in the theater and was...meh)
Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull (Man I really want this to be a good one.)
Alien Covenant and Prometheus (Also, really wished they'd kept the mystery of the Alien away from the Derelict and being a "Human" Creation)

Looking around I see some really interesting posts! Things I would have NEVER considered to edit. Wonderful stuff you have going here.

Hi everyone, I'm posting here to get some comment traction going for my already complete Game of Thrones edit called Game of Thrones: Demystified. It removes Jon and Dany completely and most of Bran. All the info is available over on Original Trilogy, but I'm hoping to get recognized by IFDB.

Welcome! Read the rules about posting and fanedit submission. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member.

Howdy all! I started making a fanedit of something that was really calling to me, and I thought I could accomplish. I began this prior to me even knowing this site existed. So happy to know there are tons of other faneditors out there and that I have a place I can come to see everyone else’s creative endeavors!

Hey everyone! Allow me to introduce myself—I'm Pete Sherlock, a 28-year-old cinephile with a deep-rooted love for all things Horror 🎃👻

I'm super excited to be a part of this community and can't wait to dive into discussions, get to know other members, and especially get to watch amazing fan edits from other movie lovers like myself.

Hey everyone! Allow me to introduce myself—I'm Pete Sherlock, a 28-year-old cinephile with a deep-rooted love for all things Horror 🎃👻

I'm super excited to be a part of this community and can't wait to dive into discussions, get to know other members, and especially get to watch amazing fan edits from other movie lovers like myself.
Always happy to see fellow horror fans joining the community!

Hi, I am new to the site, but don't really know how to use it yet. I have an edit of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly that I would like to post which restores it back to its original DVD version before all of the new scenes were added in. How can I upload it here?

Hi, I am new to the site, but don't really know how to use it yet. I have an edit of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly that I would like to post which restores it back to its original DVD version before all of the new scenes were added in. How can I upload it here?
Welcome. First I'd recommend reading over our rules and guidelines. They outline the steps for sharing information about your edits. Fanedit.org is not a hosting site so you'll need to use a third party hosting site of choice. Also, edits can only be shared via PM.

Another newbie here. I've been watching a few fanedits lately - there are so many talented faneditors out there (and so few viewing hours) :)

Another newbie here. I've been watching a few fanedits lately - there are so many talented faneditors out there (and so few viewing hours) :)
Welcome to the jungle!
welcome to the jungle GIF by Guns N' Roses

Hi All,

Brand Newbie to the site. This place is amazing.
I've read up on the rules and some other info. Is it true that editors may not to respond to your messages if you 'to new' a member?
Would really really like to watch some of these fan edits!!

Hi All,

Brand Newbie to the site. This place is amazing.
I've read up on the rules and some other info. Is it true that editors may not to respond to your messages if you 'to new' a member?
Would really really like to watch some of these fan edits!!
Welcome. You should be able to message users and they should be able to respond to you. The only time based and posting requirements are associated with submitting edits for review/IFDb.

Back
Top Bottom