• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Unofficial Official Newbie Welcome Thread

I'm still largely a newbie and I have a newbie question: is it frowned up to post a thread asking for links to edits when communication with the editor has failed? I contacted Ryantology about his Zombie Halloween 78 edit but haven't heard back in months.

Hey, I recently made a fan edit for Neil Breen's 5 films (Double Down, Fateful Findings, I Am Here... Now, Pass Thru, and Twisted Pair)

How Can I create a page for each fan edit on IFDB?
Also, I want to share the XML files from Premier Pro, not the actual movies, So no copyright issues and it would be easy to download, would that be okay?

Thanks

Welcome @JustRandomSome1 . Please take a moment to review our rules and guidelines. The answer to your questions can be found there. In regards to the xml file. You can share that, but it would require others to have premier and the same 1:1 source files. You may not get the results you are looking for with this method.

Hi all.
Totally new to all of this and its amazing that there is such a great collective community.
I have read the rules and am looking forward to engaging.
Was totally interegued by fan edits since The Phantom Edit but just discovered the community involved.
Thanks

Hi all.
Totally new to all of this and its amazing that there is such a great collective community.
Was totally interegued by fan edits since The Phantom Edit but just discovered the community involved.
Thanks
Welcome!

Hey all, so this is probably not the right place to post but wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I was chatting in another thread but now can not find it... Is there a simple way to do this?
Thanks.

UPDATE!!! I figured it it out. Thanks

Also, how to message an editor if his/her name doesn't appear in the search list? I'm looking for 'The Man Behind The Mask'

Hi all.
Thanks
yup, same here,
I discovered this last week, the FAQ's are pretty good and help you get started.
but the community itself is also very open, responsive and welcoming.

I'm really glad to be here.

For now, I'm mainly focussing on my all-time favourites, BladeRunner and Dune, and man, no shortage of edits there.
but I'm curious to discover more.
Welcome @lrmalu
Thank to al the rest

Jobj

Finally decided to make an account here because I've been working on setting up a Jellyfin server from my physical media collection and I thought "there must better fanedits of some of these". Turns out I was right! I've really only watched Star Wars edits before now but I'm excited to check out some more diverse options.

Hey guys, this might not be the correct place to post (please direct me if that's the case). But how do we go about telling the community what projects we have in the pipeline? Or do we just have to submit the edit and then get it listed?

Welcome! Nice to have you. I look forward to seeing your edits!

Back
Top Bottom