• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Thread for Art & Art Appreciation

Went to a local comic con and met Bob Wiacek, inker of a lot of comics, like a lot of Dave Cockrum’s and Paul Smith’s Uncanny X-Men runs, and much of Walter Simonson’s Orion run. Got him to sign Uncanny 168 (“Professor Xavier is a JERK!”) and sketch an Orion for me.

SnOkN76.jpg
2ntN541.jpg

I also met Kevin Conroy, who playfully complained about my Superman t-shirt.

I don’t know why I never noticed this thread before. Some talented folks here. I am definitely not a talented visual artist, but here’s a photo I took that I like quite a bit. Well enough to frame and hang in our house.

24528-DE7-B57-B-4-B08-804-A-7379-D068-AE84.jpg

303797.jpg

I'll fight anyone who says this isn't art. And I'll hit below the belt, too.

Tom Lyle has suffered a massive brain aneurysm and is in a coma, so here’s a Tom Lyle appreciation post:

spidy_lyle.jpg

Batman&Robin+NO+Type+FLAT+BkgdColor.jpg

tumblr_ni3a44ZxOC1rwyqmxo2_r1_1280.jpg

I'd just started read Spidey comics when he was illustrating the adjectiveless title. He's not one of my favourites, but I've always liked his style. Shame his career petered out.

A Jean Rogers self-portrait, signed using her real name, Eleanor Lovegren.

Pot0cyix_o.jpg

Had a drawing session with a friend, we choose each other's subjects. My subject was Gizmoduck. Feels good to get back into drawing.

gizmoduck.png

I wanted to see if I could have any success recreating the Ben-Day dot look, so I experimented on my Superman drawing.

ddi4lm2-ff204b76-8414-4c8f-bb72-b25d01619381.png

(Open in new tab to see full-size.)

It was a quick-&-dirty job done late at night, so it ain't perfect, but I think I did a good job approximating the look.

Last Son of Krypton, Last Daughter of Argo (WIP)

last_son_of_krypton__last_daughter_of_argo__wip__by_duracellenergizer_ddi9f0k-fullview.jpg

Started work on this last night. Decided to try my hand at a Jerry Ordway-styled Superman this time around. I also gave Supergirl the original Al Plastino hairstyle.

Last Son of Krypton, Last Daughter of Argo

ddicbbt-bb99fbf1-d19c-4195-a052-d6edf5275794.png

Never thought I'd wake to the day when I'd draw a Kryptonian thought-beast.... :p

So I went back to red trunks for Supes. Black trunks looked alright, but the colour balance was off; they didn't go with the yellow belt all that well, and I tried a red belt but it looked horrid. Guess I should've known better than to think I could improve on perfection.

A couple years back, I began working on a soft reboot/interquel/sidequel to Star Trek: The Original Series. I was going to call it Star Trek: The Companion Series. I ended up writing only the pilot script, though.

During the writing process, I came up with some Starfleet uniform redesigns. They're not exactly art, but I thought I'd share them nevertheless.

starfleet_duty_uniforms__2__officers__by_duracellenergizer_dacajas-pre.jpg

starfleet_duty_uniforms__2__enlisted__by_duracellenergizer_dckzdim-pre.jpg

The jacketed uniforms above are worn by commissioned officers, the more classic-style uniforms below by enlisted personnel.

And here are their Mirror Universe counterparts:

earthfleet_duty_uniforms__1__officers__by_duracellenergizer_dacakee-pre.jpg

earthfleet_duty_uniforms__1__enlisted__by_duracellenergizer_dckzctm-pre.jpg

I like the jacketed ones the best!

I haven't been drawing enough lately, it happens once or twice a year, but this time its been almost three months of not drawing/painting most days, and I have an x-mas card to finish  :huh:

I think fear has gotten the better of me again, I cannot draw when undergoing fear, I need to VANQUISH FEAR!

Been building lots of guitar gadgets tho and have had to design/doodle stuff for it so its not that bad, successfully breadboarded a mosrite fuzzrite last night.

Take 'er easy!

I neglected to share my redesigns for the Pike-era uniforms.

starfleet_duty_uniforms__1__officers__by_duracellenergizer_dacaii8-pre.jpg
starfleet_duty_uniforms__1__enlisted__by_duracellenergizer_dckwori-pre.jpg

Back
Top Bottom