• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Rage of Cage - Nicolas Cage X 7

Many Thanks @Malthus
I will try that approach!

I have just realised that there's 4 more films with Cage with a beard.
Pig, Grand Isle, Primal and Kill Chain so this insane edit can be even more strange if needed
but Who besides myself will have all of these films?

A Big Thanks for all Feedback!

Woah, so there's 11 films? Awesome. This looks like a very ambitious project

Depending on how trippy you want to make things, Wild at Heart could be a good source. Cage is young there and he does not have a beard, but it's a bizarre film and could have some fun moments to utilise (like him bursting into song randomly).

Depending on how trippy you want to make things, Wild at Heart could be a good source. Cage is young there and he does not have a beard, but it's a bizarre film and could have some fun moments to utilise (like him bursting into song randomly).

Great idea!
But for this I would like him to look almost the same (he won’t shave 🪒)

But If this Edit turns out great I might do another one with Cage both older and young and both with and without a beard 🧔

Woah, so there's 11 films? Awesome. This looks like a very ambitious project

Yes, 11 films with Cage having a beard but Hopefully I won’t need them all.
(I don’t own them all) not yet anyway!

And I want to keep it tight in both pacing and the goal is to have the running time of 90min.

And If it turns out great I might do another one with a both young and older Cage.

Just ordered the Blu-Rays of Prisoners of the ghostland, Kill Chain and Pig.

When they arrive I own 9 films with a Bearded Nicolas Cage.
Not sure If I Will use scenes of all 9 yet but it should be enough footage for one Edit of 90min.

Note: I do own some other Cage films but for now I have no plans to use them in this Edit
Wild at Heart, City of Angels,Raising Arizona,Drive Angry,Rumble Fish...

Last edited:
You have been on the same Nic Cage beard path as me...i have watched Grand Isle, Between two Worlds, Willy's Wonderland, Drive Angry , Pig & Looking Glass i also re-watched Joe. All this viewing in order to find a few snippets of footage to complete my Mandy edit. I have used clips from both Joe & Willy's Wonderland and now own both of these films.

I had an idea about making a Mandy sequel using Between Two Worlds and Cronenberg's Possessor but i think it will be too difficult to make it convincing and i have so many other edits to finish.

You have been on the same Nic Cage beard path as me...i have watched Grand Isle, Between two Worlds, Willy's Wonderland, Drive Angry , Pig & Looking Glass i also re-watched Joe. All this viewing in order to find a few snippets of footage to complete my Mandy edit. I have used clips from both Joe & Willy's Wonderland and now own both of these films.

I had an idea about making a Mandy sequel using Between Two Worlds and Cronenberg's Possessor but i think it will be too difficult to make it convincing and i have so many other edits to finish.

Thanks @Last Impressions
Well it’s a nice path to be on👍
I’m amazed how many films Nic is doing!
(Not all of them are great but it’s always nice to see him)
And therefor there must be a way to combine some of them.

Your Mandy Sequel idea sounds very intresting.
I haven’t seen Possessor yet but it’s on my watch list.
It would be nice to see a Cronenberg mashup of some kind,don’t Know how or what films but maybe one Day some of us finds a way.

Last edited:
Edit Update!
It will be seven films.
1,Looking glass 2.Kill Chain.3.Mandy 4.Willy's Wonderland. 5. Joe 6.Between Worlds 7.Prisoners of the ghostland.

It will be a very surreal nightmare with a theme of violence, sex and fire.

this clip goes from Joe chased by cops to a prison (Cage in a Cage) in Japan.

The running time is for now 1h 38min
the order of scenes may change but I think the structure works (in a surreal way)
and I don't want to make the edit overlong.

this clip goes from Mandy to Between worlds

The transitions for both clips work quite well because of the visual association. With the scene with the police, does it ever escalate to the point where a punch is thrown? Just thinking that a smash cut from a punch to a shot of him in the Japanese cell might be a nice touch.

Will the dialogue in these scenes have any relevance to your overall narrative though? If you are going for something that is totally surreal, and none of the dialogue is going to be relevant, then you would be better served trimming scenes down significantly so as to achieve something more visceral. Otherwise, you'll need to make sure that the scenes remain effective/entertaining even out of context, or edit the dialogue so that there is some kind of thematic thread running throughout. I'm not familiar with these films, but personally, I would feel no inclination to pay attention to scenes unless: A, I knew the scenes had relevance to each other, or B, things change so often that i'm drawn in by the unpredictability and pace of things. Even in something as experimental as this, it will be necessary for there to be a sense of an overarching narrative, even if it is intentionally impenetrable.

The transitions for both clips work quite well because of the visual association. With the scene with the police, does it ever escalate to the point where a punch is thrown? Just thinking that a smash cut from a punch to a shot of him in the Japanese cell might be a nice touch.

Will the dialogue in these scenes have any relevance to your overall narrative though? If you are going for something that is totally surreal, and none of the dialogue is going to be relevant, then you would be better served trimming scenes down significantly so as to achieve something more visceral. Otherwise, you'll need to make sure that the scenes remain effective/entertaining even out of context, or edit the dialogue so that there is some kind of thematic thread running throughout. I'm not familiar with these films, but personally, I would feel no inclination to pay attention to scenes unless: A, I knew the scenes had relevance to each other, or B, things change so often that i'm drawn in by the unpredictability and pace of things. Even in something as experimental as this, it will be necessary for there to be a sense of an overarching narrative, even if it is intentionally impenetrable.
There's no punch/fight in that scene.
The scene ends with the dog running away and then I kept the dialog of a man shouting hey joe from the next scene.

I think all dialog will have some relevance in the end and I don't just want to have shorter scenes because I still want it to feel like a real movie and not just
short scenes smashed together.

the film will become a full circle in the end ( I Hope)

I have a Test version available (small file 2.2 GB) with a running time of 1h 42min.

The edit is longer than I expected, I may take some scenes out.
but the start and the end will be the same because I think it ties it together.

some keywords to the edit is Motel. Jail, Violence, Snowflake, Fire. Sex, Spirit, Drugs, Wife, Daughter and Home

The test version is now also uploaded on Vimeo!

Some credits are missing and Will be added later.

Have a great weekend everyone!☀️
The sun is now shining in Sweden and spring is here.
Time to spend some time outside and enjoy the weather!

I have some feedback from one viewer (but he hasn't finished the edit yet, so there will be more)

the review

Spoiler

Edit: Im trying to insert some hidden text here but I can't make it work

[SPOILER="spoiler"
Intro - Beginning w/o any context is a great start. The best way I can compare this to is how I feel watching Uncut Gems, there's a constant sense of anxiety and looming danger. I felt all of that watching the first scene. I think the music also does add to it quite a bit. I notice the music has that effect, where it makes you feel uneasy or have a sense of anxiety. I think this is great for this film.

The intro credit scene I thought was a little out of place. The editing and cuts doesn't have the same quality as the rest of the film. I think it's trying to convey that the rest of the story goes back in time and we're starting from "the beginning" where the intro was "now".

The quietness of when Nicolas is pulling up to the Hotel is great, I think it's a great contrast from the intro. This let me know that the story is beginning. Again, music when walking in hotel creates anticipation!

The scene from Willy's Wonderland, the lighting or contrast seems a little different than the rest of the film. I'm not sure the correct wording, but it seems like it's low in contrast or saturation? I think it's a great scene otherwise and is a physical representation of Nicolas's "Rage"

The bar scene has great foreshadowing. "You're a violent man... I know violent men" The dialogue after the sex scene seemed partially irrelevant, mostly her discussing having to get out of town and money. However most of the dialogue, especially when talking about being the person they are versus who they want to be does add to the storyline... so that whole seen may be necessary and important.

The cut/transition scene at minute 29 is spectacular. I feel this explains everything that I've seen so far. We don't know why he's like this, but we now know there is something causing it. I feel it also explains the mysterious figures being seen.

The cut scene where Nicolas is sitting on the bench in the jailhouse felt a little abrupt, however I see how it adds to the next scene.

I was very impressed from the cut scene from when he gets arrested (Joe) to where he is bellow the gallows, that was beautiful. I feel this is the defining moment where the story kicks off and drives forward.

Scene at min 55, oddly creepy, but very fitting in the story. The narration of the television program is perfect in this. And scene min 56-57 confirms it.

I will be sure to watch the rest of it, hopefully tonight! I will certainly provide more feedback on the scenes. I will also let you know about how I feel about the overall narrative and storyline. Overall, I loved watching this.

Last edited:
The ] for the end of your [spoiler tag got stuck to the [/spoiler] at the end

Update 1.
So I had some great feedback on this Edit and I just have to polish a few transitions.

Update 2.
I did enjoy working on this Edit a lot so there’s plans to make another one.
Rage of Cage 2 Will be a different story and the plan is to use a both Young and an older Nic Cage.

Back
Top Bottom