• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Rage of Cage - Nicolas Cage X 7

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This idea is so crazy that I must try it out!

The Rage of Mr.Cage or simply Cage Rage (title may change) is a Mashup of atleast seven films with Nicolas Cage.

Brief synopsis:
After a tragedy and the loss of their daughter, Ray (Nicolas Cage) and his wife Maggie (Robin Tunney) buys a cheap hotel in a small town to start over and find meaning in their lives again.

Update: The portal idea is replaced
Ray will soon discover a hidden space in the cellar that leads to a portal to other dimensions.
Ray will enter this portal that will take him on a journey through space and time with both pleasure and pain.

But is this really Ray because everyone he meets is calling him by the name Joe.
Is Ray and Joe the same person? and will he find his way back to the hotel alive because danger is lurking everywhere.

Films maybe to be used is:
1.Joe
2.Mandy
3.Looking Glass
4.Between Worlds
5.Kill chain
6.Willy's Wonderland
7.Prisoners of the ghostland

8.Jiu Jitsu (not used)
9.Pig (not used)

Edit: Maybe 9 films as Kill Chain and Pig has been ordered.

Kill Chain and Looking glass takes place at a hotel and he also wears glasses đź‘“ so they may fit together at some point.
Both movies could be useful.

Nic Cage is called Joe in two films.
(Joe and Between Worlds)

Last edited:
Mp6JBwS.jpg

This is just a test and not final!
this clip goes from the hotel cellar (portal) to the first fight (this may change as I have not all films yet)
but it goes from the film Looking Glass to Jiu Jitsu

Very cool idea. I would modify the visual effect so that it seems to be coming from the top left where the door is, like he's opening a door and red light is coming from it (might be too hard to do that though).
I'd definitely go with Cage Rage as the title, it's too perfect
Now you've given me 7 films i have to watch :LOL::LOL:

Very cool idea. I would modify the visual effect so that it seems to be coming from the top left where the door is, like he's opening a door and red light is coming from it (might be too hard to do that though).
I'd definitely go with Cage Rage as the title, it's too perfect
Now you've given me 7 films i have to watch :LOL::LOL:

Thanks!
Or maybe the portal starts before he enter the stairs!
I Will try some other ways as well.

Yes It Will be hard to find a better title than Cage Rage đź‘Ť

What about "Cage Fight" as a title?

I've only seen two of the films listed - Mandy and Prisoners of the Ghostland - so I'm not sure what to expect of this edit, but it sounds like the kind of ambitious fanmix that I would love to see more of and really want to succeed, so I guess I'll be looking up the other five :D

What about "Cage Fight" as a title?

I've only seen two of the films listed - Mandy and Prisoners of the Ghostland - so I'm not sure what to expect of this edit, but it sounds like the kind of ambitious fanmix that I would love to see more of and really want to succeed, so I guess I'll be looking up the other five :D

Thanks!
I think Cage Rage sounds more fun!
The Edit is in early stages and might change along the way.
But I Will only use small parts of every movie
and the goal is to put the fight/love/strange scenes together in a Hopefully fun way.

The only two I've seen are Willy's Wonderland and Mandy, both are great. I'm really excited for this, as some may know I'm a big fan of mashup projects, and this one sounds really creative and fun.

The only two I've seen are Willy's Wonderland and Mandy, both are great. I'm really excited for this, as some may know I'm a big fan of mashup projects, and this one sounds really creative and fun.

Thanks!
I Hope I can make it work in strange kind of way.
A kind of Dream logic/Nightmare feeling

The portal scene with the portal before the stairs and a ripple effect.

and here the portal is placed after the stairs!

The ripple effect works well, but it looks odd to have the portal coming out of his face. I would suggest keeping the ripple effect where you have it and then cutting to a shot of what he's seeing in front of him and overlaying the portal there.

Edit: didn't see your 2nd clip when i posted this (will watch now)

Edit edit: if it's between the two clips, then after the stairs works better. But if you can make it work to have him moving into a portal, rather than the effect just appearing on a shot of him, I think that would be ideal.

Last edited:
The ripple effect works well, but it looks odd to have the porta coming out of his face. I would suggest keeping the ripple effect where you have it and the cutting to a shot of what he's seeing in front of him and overlaying the portal there.

Edit: didn't see your 2nd clip when i posted this (will watch now)

Edit edit: if it's between the two clips, then after the stairs works better. But if you can make it work to have him moving into a portal, rather than the effect just appearing on a shot of him, I think that would be
Thanks Mr.Scribb
Then I maybe need to find another portal shot!

I will try to find a better way to execute this.

Something's not working for me and I haven't seen the source films so I don't know what the fix would be. But I feel like the second "world" starting with him in the middle of fighting or being attacked, already holding a sword is confusing. And the first shot we see in the second "world" is an attacker rather than Cage himself, making it unclear what was intended to happen. I understand because you told us he went through a portal but without reading that I don't know I would have picked up on it.

I think both things would be fixable if material is available in the film Jiu Jitsu. First showing Cage looking around (taking in his new location), maybe a reaction to a sound effect (the attacker approaching) then a close-up of his hand grabbing a sword.

Something's not working for me and I haven't seen the source films so I don't know what the fix would be. But I feel like the second "world" starting with him in the middle of fighting or being attacked, already holding a sword is confusing. And the first shot we see in the second "world" is an attacker rather than Cage himself, making it unclear what was intended to happen. I understand because you told us he went through a portal but without reading that I don't know I would have picked up on it.

I think both things would be fixable if material is available in the film Jiu Jitsu. First showing Cage looking around (taking in his new location), maybe a reaction to a sound effect (the attacker approaching) then a close-up of his hand grabbing a sword.

Thanks!
Maybe you’re right
This is really just a test for the portal as I don’t have all seven films yet.
This is just an early test of going from one film to another.

The portal scene Will maybe used only once as he leaves the hotel cellar and he Will maybe not return there again.

When he is out of the hotel I Will make straight cuts or just crossfades between the films

But also consider that this Edit will not be logical.
It’s a kind of a nightmare for Nic Cage where he Will meet both strange people and creatures.

He will also use some heavy drugs in the film,so anything can happen without logic.

I like the idea a TON, and it doesn't need to be logical throughout, but I do think the first portal needs to be abundantly clear what's happening. And transitioning from Cage character 1 to Cage character 2 is an important part of selling that, however you end up choosing to do so.

A unique sound effect for the portal could be used too, so even if you don't show the portal visually there's still an indicator for the audience.

I like the idea a TON, and it doesn't need to be logical throughout, but I do think the first portal needs to be abundantly clear what's happening. And transitioning from Cage character 1 to Cage character 2 is an important part of selling that, however you end up choosing to do so.

A unique sound effect for the portal could be used too, so even if you don't show the portal visually there's still an indicator for the audience.

Thanks @addiesin
Yes I need the first portal scene to work and I Will try out some other ways too.
But I think I will need atleast one great visual transportation/journey scene.
All ideas are welcome!
And when I get all films I might change the order of scenes around.
Thanks for the feedback!

a different portal shot and this time it goes from the Film Looking glass into Willy's Wonderland.
endless possibilities in this out of logic Edit!

I like the ideas of what you are going for, but I don't think you've quite landed on the right combination of effects yet to really sell the idea of a portal transition.

The Portal5 clip, for me, feels a bit too obviously fanedited - not to say that the idea can't work, but I think it would need more finessing.

It might be worth watching The Colour Out Of Space if you haven't already seen it, it's another cosmic/psychedelic Cage film and might have some visual elements you can use.

In terms of general inspiration for the transition scenes, I'd say it's also worth looking at the Silent Hill films and games, e.g. this clip:

If you have the time and inclination it may be worth experimenting with either:
A) using shots where someone goes through a doorway/hatch/window/etc, combined with lighting effects around the doorway/whatever and maybe a light riple effect, or
B) using colour-correction techniques to create a very obviously unnatural shift in colour, cobined with a similarly out-of-place sound effect and possibly some other visual-aberration effects.

Back
Top Bottom