• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Phantom Strikes!

TM2YC said:
If you can pardon the further diversion off topic...

biggles.jpg

I recently got 1986's 'Biggles: Adventures In Time' on blu-ray because I loved it as a child... but holy f**k had I forgotten the terrible bits. I'm only halfway through a re-watch but the idea of "Striking" the film into something better came almost immediately to me. The real dogfight footage is still thrilling and "boys own" stuff but the none-more-80s (in a bad way) synth score could be a real problem.

I never read Biggles or seen the movie.  But now I am very, very curious...  ;)

For WWI aerial action, I was more into G-8 and his Battle Aces!

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ9DH9s2nHk[/video]

To add to @"TM2YC" 's diversion, if nobody minds, I've often wondered if Tales of the Golden Monkey could work as a STRIKES! style edit.  I haven't watched it in years since catching bits and pieces on YouTube, but it seemed like a good possibility.

The Mummy Strikes! (?)

bionicbob said:
The challenge would be getting the rights to some key characters.  While some are public domain, many are still controlled by their publishing firms and have very strict rules on how their characters are utilized.

Dynamite's MASKs was a wonderful pulp team up! A dream come true of a who's who of pulpdom....even if a certain bronze adventurer was missing.  Thoroughly enjoyed every issue!

But MASKS 2 -- what the hell was that train wreck?  Horrible.  I don't know if the writer ever even read a pulp novel before based on that dreck.  It was like he was attempted to do his own CRISIS OF INFINITE EARTHS with pulp heroes, but knew nothing about the history of any of the characters.   Such a disappointment.

Shamefully, I must admit I have never read any of The Saint novels, though I did used to watch the Roger Moore and Ian Ogilvy series.

Sad, really. But I understand petitions are all the rage nowadays!

MASKS really was a great idea. 1&2 are perhaps the closest we get to a cinematic PulpVerse. (Isn't Zorro getting a reboot, btw? Surely some producer has asked if a -verse could be done? THAT, at least, is all the rage nowadays.)

There's a marvelous movie from 1938 called THE SAINT IN NEW YORK, with Louis Hayward as the Saint. A great B-movie!

Since everyone is leaving suggestions for a Strikes!-edit, how about the two Zorro-films with Banderas? Darkman? To keep this slightly on topic: Keep making Strikes!-edits in the vain of The Phantom and your other works!

just a thought, this is @"bionicbob" 's thread and i'm no admin..... buuuuuut...
should there be a dedicated thread to these BionicBob Presents STRIKES! ideas and discussions ?
Bob's thread, Bob's call.

A really cool little vid about the impact The Phantom had on a remote culture....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYZgX_PpyE[/video]

I have re-uploaded The Phantom Strikes to Vimeo. If interested, feel free to PM me.

Looking back at this particular fan edit, I am still mostly happy with how it turned out. If I were to do a REDUX Version, it would be in HD and Colour. I think the cut list would be identical, though I think I could do a better job on the origin flashback now. Maybe one day....

THANK YOU to @g.d.1985 for taking the time to post such a detailed review. It is very much appreciated.

And I agree; if I were to do it again, I would cut the Drax line, "Show me the power!". (y)

A PHANTOM video game!??!!!

According to the web page the game has been hand drawn frame by frame by well known Marvel and DC artists.

The Phantom was my dad's favourite hero, he had all the comics that were published in my country.

Let's keep an eye to this video game adaptation of The Phantom. Luckily I have a PS5. :D

Back
Top Bottom