• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Matrix Revolutions Decoded Version 2 NOW AVAILABLE

jerick said:
Hmm that's interesting, I'm looking at it in Firefox too, do you have to be logged in with a Vimeo account? I'm testing it when not logged in with a Vimeo account and I only see options to download the 2GB and 1GB version.

YES. You HAVE to be logged in to see that link. This happens a lot in Vimeo with certain files.

stretch009 said:
YES. You HAVE to be logged in to see that link. This happens a lot in Vimeo with certain files.

Good information thanks, alright well disregard all my previous messages if you want to download the 5GB .mp4 version from Vimeo and can't figure out how to do it send me a pm.

Does any of the releases have 5.1 channel audio?
I find the image quality of the 2.1gb Vimeo 720p re-encode surprisingly good
(better then the very best DVD sources).
But the audio mix is not as good as the best DVD versions of the sources.
I'm guessing Vimeo re-endoded the audio as well and that's why.

I watched the new version from beginning to end yesterday by the way.
the new version of the Bruley Brawl works so much better than the old one
within the context of the movie. There is still some pretty obvious and nasty cgi,
but overall the pacing is much better this way, and most of the silliness is gone.

Likewise restoring the chateau fight to full length somewhat ruins the pacing there
making the highway fight right after it feel long and boring again.
(This was a major problem of the action scenes in the original Matrix reloaded for me,
They were just too long and boring for anyone who isn't an action movie nerd)

Besides that it feels very much the same as the old version to me,
and I still have my reservations. About Sati, Smith and the Oracle.
I'll probably make my own version eventually
with the shorter version of the chateau fight
and experiment with putting in more from the Orcale scenes,
to see if it's possible without ruining the pacing...

Overall still on my top two list of best Matrix sequel edits ever...

Only the 5GB download has 5.1 audio, you have to login with a Vimeo account in order to have that one show up. PM me if you need additional help.

Yeah, I'm not positive but I think Vimeo requires you to be logged in for just 1080p files, but again I'm not sure about that.

May I expect a hi-quality blu-ray release let's say - 20 GB? Or maybe I am missing something?

EDIT:

oh, now I see :)
And one suggestion - maybe you should use end credits from Reloaded rather than revolutions, because now you have Mary Alice on cast list.

Gieferg said:
May I expect a hi-quality blu-ray release let's say - 20 GB? Or maybe I am missing something?

EDIT:

oh, now I see :)
And one suggestion - maybe you should use end credits from Reloaded rather than revolutions, because now you have Mary Alice on cast list.

The BD25 link will be available in the usual place soon. It will be 22GB. I will update when it is available. I included Gloria Foster in the custom credits I made because she wasn't originally listed. The edit essentially ends after the custom credits. I did not try to merge the Reloaded and Revolutions credits because it was too ugly. I also did not try to rewrite all of them because I don't have that kind of energy.

Last shot during custom credits disappears, credit crawl appears, and the first name is Mary Alice as Oracle. There's no need of reworking anything, just put there Reloaded credit crawl from this point, and it's solved :) That's not a big thing, of course, and may as well stay as it is.

Gieferg said:
Last shot during custom credits disappears, credit crawl appears, and the first name is Mary Alice as Oracle. There's no need of reworking anything, just put there Reloaded credit crawl from this point, and it's solved :) That's not a big thing, of course, and may as well stay as it is.

As much as I appreciate suggestions (and I do...really) this edit is finished being worked on. Any changes from here on out you'll have to make to your own copy. :)

The Bluray download information is now available in the usual place. Send me a pm if you need more information. Enjoy!

Here's the final version of the new FX I've been working on for Decoded. It's my first attempt to produce something in After Effects and I think it turned out pretty good. I got some assistance from someone with a bit of experience with the program. Let me know what you think.

jerick said:
Here's the final version of the new FX I've been working on for Decoded. It's my first attempt to produce something in After Effects and I think it turned out pretty good. I got some assistance from someone with a bit of experience with the program. Let me know what you think.

i'm convinced.  :cool:

Here is another clip from Decoded V2. These are the new ending credits. Many viewers didn't like the end segment with Neo awakening with no more explanation to follow, I admit is was a bit contrived. This has been eliminated in favor of additional footage from the Zion rave sequence.

I wasn't going to ever watch another edit of these two godawful movies but those VisFX tweaks and that badass credit sequence has definitely piqued my interest in this! :)

TM2YC said:
I wasn't going to ever watch another edit of these two godawful movies but those VisFX tweaks and that badass credit sequence has definitely piqued my interest in this! :)

Haha thanks, but I don't think those things alone are going to make the movie any better for you :)

I was the latest reviewer on Matrix Revolutions Decoded. To expand briefly on something: I thought that rave scene worked well in the credits. I'll be interested to see where this expanded fanedit leads. I'll try to find the time to the rest of the Hunger Games edit, but the 34 odd minutes I saw about a month ago were a MASSIVE improvement on the original film, so I'll restart that. Uni work has been taking up my time.

Back
Top Bottom