• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Matrix Revolutions Decoded Version 2 NOW AVAILABLE

Aside from the videos of major changes presented above, I'm still trying to decide what I want to fine tune with this new version of Decoded. There are several small tweaks I have made, but most of them will be barely noticeable.

I'm accepting viewer suggestions on what you'd like to see modified in Decoded
(although keep in mind that I am very happy with the core story presented in this edit and I'm not going to rework it from the ground up)

These are the things I think are great in the edit:

The first 40 minutes:
         Yes a few scenes are up-converted DVD quality and yes it is somewhat noticeable but the narrative is well paced and structured, hits all the important plot lines and locations, and gives the viewer an appropriate anticipation of the confrontations to come.
         The beginning of the edit is much stronger than the original, introducing Zion without lingering there and fast forwarding to the meeting with the Oracle that kicks off the narrative.

The last hour:
         The battle for Zion has always been the highlight of this edit ever since its first incarnation. It is fast paced, exciting and gritty. It makes the viewer feel like the people involved are real and the consequences are real. It feels heroic and has none of the cheese ball elements of the original battle.
         Neo's trip to the machine city is much stronger without the unnecessary fight with Bane. It has been further strengthened by the new special FX work. The cheesy death of Trinity and the poor acting involved is a welcome removal. The final Smith vs Neo fight while not perfect is about as strong as it is likely to get.

Things I think can be improved:
The Middle:
        There is a long slog of action and mindless dissertation for an hour following Neo's meeting with the Oracle that puts me to sleep every time.
                          The meeting with The Merovingian
                          The chateau fight
                          The highway chase
                          The tower scene
                          The Architect
        There isn't a way to get this edit to function without these elements so my question to those who have viewed Decoded is this. How do you think these sections can be improved?

Decoded Version 2.0 is really coming along nicely this week. I've made some major changes to the first 25 minutes of the film that I believe do a lot to strengthen the edit.

The most major change is that the Nebuchadnezzar crew will be traveling to Zion after all. I've found a way to incorporate important scenes in Zion as well as remove some now unnecessary scenes from Enter the Matrix, increasing the overall run time of the edit by a mere 6 minutes.

The best part is that the cut really begins to feel like a more complete movie as many previously cut elements are addressed such as:
  • Why is Link the new operator
  • The look and feel of Zion
  • Neo's work saving people following the events of Matrix 1
  • Neo's worship by many as the savior and the skepticism of others
  • Who is Kid
  • What is the deal between Niobe and Morpheus
  • What is the philosophy behind the war against the machines
  • Where's Link's pus? and Who are all these sexy dancers?...Just kidding, that's still cut
Not too shabby for 6 minutes.

Another Decoded 2.0 Update:

I can't begin to count how many times in the past 3 years I've attacked the Architect sequence only to resign myself to the fact that it would always be the weakest part of the edit. BUT Somehow this week I found an edit that worked perfectly!

The problem always centered around Trinity. Neo chooses the second door because he wants to save Trinity and as a result Trinity has to be in danger...Decoded V.1 presented the sequence in a way that kept Trinity from entering the Matrix during the sequence at all. She was instead dealing with the fact that the sentinels had located the ships, this kept her in danger so the narrative of the scene wasn't terrible. 

However Neo didn't know that Trinity was in danger at the time so the solution wasn't great.

...Enter Decoded 2.0
I've found a fantastic way to edit the scene so that the conversation is completely about the destruction of Zion. Anyone who has seen this edit knows the whole edit is about the imminent attack on Zion so this is literally a perfect solution.

The key edits that make this work are the following:
...show Trinity and Link hearing the proximity alarm
...cut the line about Neo's attachment to the rest of his species being based on love, cut all scenes and images of Trinity
...visual fx changing the Architect's screens to images of the human race instead of Trinity dying
...cut the Architect saying the door leads back to Trinity
...replace Architect's line "she is going to die" with "Zion is about to be destroyed"

You can see the final result here:

Making it about Zion in general and non singling out Trinity? Nice. I already feel like this gives his feelings for her some subtlety, given how on-the-nose the Wachowskis can get. We know he wants her to live anyway. This is a f**king solid effort.

semibaron said:
How are things progressing? 
Really looking forward for v2.

Great actually thanks for asking, things got really busy for me this past month but I should be able to finish in the next couple weeks. I also should have a pretty great fix to show off this week as well!

Okay final update before the release of Decoded V2.0. After getting some really great advice from our friendly neighborhood Captain Khajiit, I was able to accomplish something I haven't ever been able to figure out. I was able to do a thorough clean up on the 1 minute of SD footage taken from the Enter The Matrix video game. Now this footage looks much closer to the HD quality of the rest of the movie and does not detract from the film.

Here is a quick example:

Old still image from ETM:

Old%20ETM_zps1qr7ytcw.png

NEW cleaner image from ETM:

New%20ETM_zpsxynhcj6x.png

Is there any way to get the 1080p version without a paid Vimeo account?

joos said:
Is there any way to get the 1080p version without a paid Vimeo account?

The bluray version is still available but I encourage you to wait a couple weeks when there will be an updated version available to download.

The 5GB version of The Matrix Revolutions Decoded V2 is now available on my Vimeo page

The password is 'decoded'

There will be a much higher quality Blu-ray sized version available in a few days.

On vimeo what's the difference between the 1080p HD version and "Original"?

joos said:
On vimeo what's the difference between the 1080p HD version and "Original"?

Original is the file I created and isn't downconverted to 2 channel audio.

This edit is once again listed on 'info' send me a PM if you need more help getting to it. The 20+GB Bluray ready .m2ts file is available as well.

The IFDB has been updated with the Decoded V2.0 changes added. The final change list is below with 2.0 changes highlighted.
Decoded title added to opening title sequence

Opening of the movie following title sequence picks up immediately after "The Animatrix: The Last Transmission of the Osiris" ends using live action scenes from the "Enter the Matrix" video game. All added scene from "Enter the Matrix" have been upconverted to 1080p, color corrected, sharpened, and had a custom 5.1 surround sound mix added.

Neo's dream of Trinity dying has been removed

Removed scenes of Morpheus, Link, Neo, and Trinity on the Neb at the beginning of the film

Neo no longer visits the home of The Oracle

Much of the footage from Zion has been removed, a quick introduction is given to the important characters. There is no rave scene, no Bane subplot, etc.

Neo and Sereph's fight has been removed

Neo and The Oracle's conversation is altered to remove his concerns about Trinity and to add an overall concern about what he's supposed to do next. The theme of "difference between knowing the path and walking the path" has been emphasized in this edit to better match the original Matrix

Agent Smith's first meeting with Neo has been shortened slightly for pacing

The burly brawl has been shortened in several places for pacing

Several of burly brawl's silly sound fx "bowling pins" have been removed

No shot of Trinity at the end of The Burly Brawl this shot has been saved for the ending

Lock's first meeting with The Zion Council has been reduced to remove Bane and Lock's reaction to Niobe choosing to leave

Cut Neo seeing Rama-Kandra in the Merovingian's restaurant

The Merovingian doesn't tout the virtues of the French

Much of The Merovingian's speech has been reduced for pacing

Persephone kiss scene has been removed as well as her killing the random henchman

Many cuts have been to the highway chase for pacing

The tower to the source sequence has been dramatically changed, no Smith, no Trinity entering The Matrix, no bomb, no rooftop save, the meeting with the Architect is heavily reworked as well as the Architects motivations. and Neo's reaction to them. Some new visual fx work makes some of these cuts possible.

"The prophecy was a lie" conversation has been relocated to later in the film

Neo doesn't have to save the crew from the sentinels, he has no power over machines in the outside world in this edit

The next several scenes play out completely differently in this edit. The first hour of The Matrix Revolutions is completely removed

Added and re-edited a scene from later in the film where Lock and the Zion Council meet to discuss the coming doom

Revolutions scenes that show the train station, The Merovingian, The Oracle, Satii, etc have all been removed completely and you'd never miss them

Scenes are completely restructured so that the Hammer crew, the Logos crew, and the Neb crew can all regroup quickly after the Neb is destroyed

The prophecy is a lie conversation has been moved here

The scene where Zee makes shells has been eliminated and she is removed from the battle for Zion

Neo has a vision of Smith assimilating the Oracle and taking over The Matrix, this is his reason for going to the machine city in this edit

The slow pan of the oracle's apartment has been reinserted from the beginning of the movie to serve this edit

Gloria Foster is restored briefly from "The Matrix" so that Smith can assimilate her. This edit was inspired by "The Matrix Hacked Reloaded". Mary Alice's face is not seen in this edit. This scene has been recolored to better match the coloring of Reloaded and Revolutions

Some of the conversation in the next several scenes have been eliminated or changed to better fit the events and themes of the edit

Bane has been completely removed

Countless edits were made to the battle for Zion including but not limited to: all scenes with Zee and most of the infantry have been removed, Captain Mifune saves the day and opens the gate instead of Kid, action has been kept tight and intense, the battle quickly gets out of hand for humanity. This is my favorite sequence of edits and I hope you enjoy it!

Removed Councilor Hamann's reference to Niobe speaking to The Oracle

Cut several scenes building up hopelessness for the finale.

Neo and Trinity's flight to the machine city has been completely reworked, this is where Neo gets his eye injury in this edit. Most of the instances in which Neo is seen wearning eye bandages have been removed or replaced of shots from earlier in the movie.

The cut on Trinity's neck has been recolored to look like a smudge or a piece of her hair.

Neo doesn't use telekinetic powers to stop the machines during their flight to the machine city

Neo doesn't instruct Trinity how to restart The Logos

The shot of Trinity lying on the floor of The Logos has been flipped

Trinity is alive?!?

Several cuts made to Neo's walk to Deus Ex Machina for pacing

Several cuts made to the final Smith Neo battle. In my edit Neo wins out of his sheer force of will not to give up. He chooses to keep getting up and fighting which infuriates Smith into making his final mistake. Additional edits have been made to reduce unnecessary air flipping and silly effects

Trinity is seen watching Neo in The Matrix and later repairing the ship

The ending is completely reworked, a montage of scenes roll behind the credits. Closure for Morpheus, Niobe, The Architect, Trinity, Zion celebrates.

Trinity recovers Neo's body as her final act of love for him.

jerick said:
Breaking news: The Matrix 4 is officially happening and officially a direct sequel to The Matrix Revolutions: Decoded!

...Well maybe not the last part but apparently they are bringing back both Carrie-Anne Moss and Keanu Reeves and I just don't know how they do that without Decoded's reimagined ending :)

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...-happening-with-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss

Maybe they'll use clones, it can't be dumber than a majority of things in the Matrix sequels

Hi Jerick, hi everybody. Are there any subtitles for this specific edit ? It would be difficult for me to watch it without them.
Thanks !

Jose Hidalgo said:
Hi Jerick, hi everybody. Are there any subtitles for this specific edit ? It would be difficult for me to watch it without them.
Thanks !

I'm sorry Jose but there aren't :( I'd say give it a try anyway especially if you've watched the original movies, The Matrix is more of a visual experience anyway!

got the dlc.
theres like 20 parts to it at 500megs each?
10gigs in size??

do smaller versions exist?
what do i search for?

Back
Top Bottom