• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) 2020 Awards are here.

The Mandalorian (2019)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Interestingly, the Thrawn Trilogy takes place about the same time as The Mandalorian - five years post-RotJ. And since Thrawn and his resurging Empire eventually threaten the New Republic itself, there's no reason TPTB couldn't tell a version of that story without our Big Three heroes. (In fact, none of them ever actually meet or interact with Thrawn personally - only Han even lays eyes on him, and that's from a distance.) So yes, I could definitely picture him being a general threat tying the new series together. A lot of the Thrawn Trilogy takes place from his POV, but that wouldn't need to hold true for these new series...

Anyhow, read the books! They're great. :D

Masirimso17

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

If Mandalorian ever becomes available for purchase, we should use this brilliant deepfake

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
It looks different, but I'm not sure it's better or worse.

I agree. I’ve seen deepfake improvements on the original Mandalorian Luke that look much better than this. The issue with those was still the mouth articulation which still looks plasticy. But perhaps different people react differently to the uncanny valley. For example, they seem to start the video with a reference case they seem very proud of: Tom Cruise. I thought the Tom Cruise looked beyond awful.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with the plasticy mouth, but I don't like their version at all. It looks more like a video game than anything.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
revel911 said:
I agree with the plasticy mouth, but I don't like their version at all. It looks more like a video game than anything.

I agree. I think you misunderstood. I am saying this is the worst effort to fix it I’ve seen. The best efforts I’ve seen, though, still suffer from the plasticy mouth.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just came across this video and, man, it really sums up my issues (few but major) with this series. I love 90% of this series but what I don’t like is very well explained here. Especially the treatment of Luke within this show. They even highlight why the character of Luke is, IMO, more respected in TLJ than in the Mandalorian. Agree or disagree with that, I beg you to watch this whole video if you’re a fan of this show.

Top Bottom