• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Mandalorian (2019)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Interestingly, the Thrawn Trilogy takes place about the same time as The Mandalorian - five years post-RotJ. And since Thrawn and his resurging Empire eventually threaten the New Republic itself, there's no reason TPTB couldn't tell a version of that story without our Big Three heroes. (In fact, none of them ever actually meet or interact with Thrawn personally - only Han even lays eyes on him, and that's from a distance.) So yes, I could definitely picture him being a general threat tying the new series together. A lot of the Thrawn Trilogy takes place from his POV, but that wouldn't need to hold true for these new series...

Anyhow, read the books! They're great. :D

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

If Mandalorian ever becomes available for purchase, we should use this brilliant deepfake

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It looks different, but I'm not sure it's better or worse.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
It looks different, but I'm not sure it's better or worse.

I agree. I’ve seen deepfake improvements on the original Mandalorian Luke that look much better than this. The issue with those was still the mouth articulation which still looks plasticy. But perhaps different people react differently to the uncanny valley. For example, they seem to start the video with a reference case they seem very proud of: Tom Cruise. I thought the Tom Cruise looked beyond awful.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with the plasticy mouth, but I don't like their version at all. It looks more like a video game than anything.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
revel911 said:
I agree with the plasticy mouth, but I don't like their version at all. It looks more like a video game than anything.

I agree. I think you misunderstood. I am saying this is the worst effort to fix it I’ve seen. The best efforts I’ve seen, though, still suffer from the plasticy mouth.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just came across this video and, man, it really sums up my issues (few but major) with this series. I love 90% of this series but what I don’t like is very well explained here. Especially the treatment of Luke within this show. They even highlight why the character of Luke is, IMO, more respected in TLJ than in the Mandalorian. Agree or disagree with that, I beg you to watch this whole video if you’re a fan of this show.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Grogu's journey continues...

fmlulvhwqaegzol-1673889224705.jpg

Season 3 Teaser -

Season 3 Trailer -

Last edited:

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So if there any edit out there that takes ONLY the good episodes and makes them into a movie? Would love to watch this again because a few episodes are extremely well done, but ughhh some episodes are litterally terrible. (just my opinion)

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So if there any edit out there that takes ONLY the good episodes and makes them into a movie? Would love to watch this again because a few episodes are extremely well done, but ughhh some episodes are litterally terrible. (just my opinion)
If you're talking "Sanctuary", er, "Seven Two Samurai", I'm with you all the way. I respect Bryce Dallas Howard, but I think they threw her to the wolves on that one. Very hard to make a Seven Samurai story in an hour that isn't painfully derivative.

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just any episode that doesnt involve a bounty or that notorious prison escape episode. Ugh. The first three episodes are litterally perfect.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, it’s anything that tries to tie all of the SW lore together. The Mandalorian is at its best when it’s just a simple story that doesn’t have to have Jedi or any other “lore.”

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, it’s anything that tries to tie all of the SW lore together. The Mandalorian is at its best when it’s just a simple story that doesn’t have to have Jedi or any other “lore.”
Oh 100% agree I hate that. I don't need to be remembered about the movies I love. If I want to see the movies I love I will watch the movies I love lmao.

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just any episode that doesnt involve a bounty or that notorious prison escape episode. Ugh. The first three episodes are litterally perfect.
There is definitely a clean arc in there that does not involve The Prisoner; it's completely inconsequential to the story (though there is now a retroactive tie back to Mayfield's character in season 2). However, it's the one one-off I always watch. But maybe I'm alone in liking that one. :)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a fan of Pedro Pascal, I was hoping that Din (Mando) would come around to Bo-Katan's point of view, and stop being obsessed with being helmeted around others all the time. Specifically, I was hoping his willingness to take his helmet off to help rescue Grogu marked a particular turning point, so I was disappointed to find him wanting to "redeem" himself in his BoBF appearances. I'm not particularly interested in Din joining Ahsoka's search for Ezra, either, so... I'm not sure if this particular journey is worth continuing, and the above S3 trailer certainly doesn't seem to promise anything new. Coruscant? Imperial fighters? Flashbacks to the fall of the Jedi Temple? Baby Yoda? We've already seen all of that before.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess they had to do a recap so the two people that watch Mandalorian but not BoBF wouldn’t be lost, but that first episode was a total throwaway to me. Worse yet, it felt like a prequel era throwaway. But my kid loved it and watched it twice. My son is watching @EddieDean ’s TCW edit and I’m kinda sorta paying attention. Maybe that will give me some more interest in all this Manda”lore” but right now I couldn’t care less. I definitely agree that they need to get Pascal’s face out there at least semi-permanently and soon.

lev

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How nice would it have been if Grogu had moved on, Luke hadn't been made into a prequel-era Jedi for some reason, and Din had moved forward, working with Bo Katan to reunite the Mandalorians.
But no, let's have the continuing adventures of Space Dad and Baby Yoda.

Top Bottom