• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Jigsaw Files by Sunarep

well i checked out some links on piratebay, anyways thanks for leaving the message :D

I'm a little disappointed that people would just publish the edit as a scene release "the jigsaw files" etc, i was hoping that this would draw the attention to fanedit.org, but it's sold like "yeah that is a thing that was edited" not as "hey guys this is just one of many ways fanediting can work" well one can always dream...

anwho, i downloaded 2 versions of the jigsaw files released by those groups and at least the opening credits that state "fanedit.org presents" and "a fanedit by sunarep" are there, so at least some of the original creator is there :D

I've snipped some of the replies in this thread, as it was reported to me that there were direct links.

Don't do it.

Ah yes, i forgot rule #? you have my sincerest apologize.

So I'm not sure what the craic is but I registered for FE forums and cannot post reviews on FE.org. Probably my fault for not knowing how things work around here (I've been kicking about the site and forums for a fair while now but have hardly participated) but I wanted to show my appreciation for this edit so this must be as good a place as any to start.

First of all, in general, I am not a fan of the Saw movies and I find each iteration more lackluster than the last. I have always found the premise quite interesting though, a bit like Dexter I guess, although poor example as I don't watch that either...

Getting to the point though...Sunarep, I cannot quite find the words to articulate how awesome this edit is. I was force fed the second and third movies by my friends and my ex girlfriend got me to watch the first movie and I did not get the appeal at all, probably in a similar fashion to the fact that I hated the Hostel movies, but I digress. The back story in the Saw movies was intriguing and this was the reason I watched this edit although I avoided it a few times to say the least.

I have about 15 edits by now and this is by far the one that held my attention the most. An excellent retelling of a story that would otherwise have passed me by, credit is due for pulling me in to this. I hold this edit in high regard and above the likes of Dead Set Serious and Blue Skies on Mars (these are both excellent IMO by the way).

I cannot provide any technical feedback (not my particular forte) but I was never taken out of this movie for a second so that must say something.

Sunarep, keep doing what you're doing, if not for yourself but for people like me.

A few words of encouragement for all the Fan Editors out there who are succeeding in creating vibrant new visions of cinema and maybe those who are not but do try...

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" - George Bernard Shaw.

Cheers all; keep up the good work.

P.S. Voted for this to be the best Fan Edit for October :)

the_snedd said:
So I'm not sure what the craic is but I registered for FE forums and cannot post reviews on FE.org. Probably my fault for not knowing how things work around here (I've been kicking about the site and forums for a fair while now but have hardly participated) but I wanted to show my appreciation for this edit so this must be as good a place as any to start.

Thanks for your review, I don't know how the current registration stuff works, i have two accounts, one for the forum, one for fanedit.org (a wordpress accoung), on the top right of fanedit.org there is a "register to fe" function though.

the_snedd said:
I have about 15 edits by now and this is by far the one that held my attention the most. An excellent retelling of a story that would otherwise have passed me by, credit is due for pulling me in to this. I hold this edit in high regard and above the likes of Dead Set Serious and Blue Skies on Mars (these are both excellent IMO by the way).

wow thanks, that's quite a big compliment

the_snedd said:
Sunarep, keep doing what you're doing, if not for yourself but for people like me.

I'll do my best, with the future installments getting more and more gory/senseless, this won't remain a direct chronology, there will be refitting and recutting
The Chronological thing is only interesting until Saw IV anyway and the strength of the sequels is mostly their flashbacks, so i doubt anyone would want to watch saw V-VII if i just took out the flashbacks,
nope saw V-VII will be toned down to make them more like thrillers and a lot of rearranging will be done

anyway glad you enjoyed it

@reave: sorry for violating the rules, i was just sharing the link not to spread it, i just wanted to share my surprise about that release

the_snedd said:

Since the forum and FE.org operate on two different systems, it was the policy to have people register on the forum, and then we manually add user to FE.org. With the impending opening of the new site, which uses the same software as the forum, we no longer have to have two registrations. Because of this I've been holding off on adding people since it will no longer be necessary.

thunderclap said:
Since the forum and FE.org operate on two different systems, it was the policy to have people register on the forum, and then we manually add user to FE.org. With the impending opening of the new site, which uses the same software as the forum, we no longer have to have two registrations. Because of this I've been holding off on adding people since it will no longer be necessary.

yay!
wow it's really amazing what you guys are doing here!

Hey Sunarep, I'll have you know that i downloaded your edit on PirateBay, and thanks to the credits i came here and joined :) so you're bringing more people to FE than you think!

Hey there, glad that this version still had the credits in, since most of those sites don't mention fanedit.org, that being said:

WELCOME TO FANEDIT.ORG
I hope you find some interesting edits here to watch and enjoy

I'm confused.... wasn't the scene of Amanda digging the key out of the guy's stomach longer?? I specifically remember her yanking out a bloody string of guts.

Whatever version that was, I guess I'm used to it - the stabbing/jump cut to the key seems awkward to me.

Loving the edit though... I don't even remember enough about Saw 3D to spoil any little niggling details. :)

yeah, in the director's cut there is some "searching in the guts" but it's a compilation of short scenes interrupted by bright flashes and it didn't really work so i just cut to the key, but no matter how i arranged it the sequence felt a little to abrupt

glad you enjoy the edit, there is not much from saw VII I'll add when i revisit Jigsaw Files

The only scene worth reinserting is gordon and the steam pipe as well as john meeting gordon and congratulating him

You could always add that to the beginning of "The Jigsaw Files 2". I mean, retaining the hopeless feel of Saw 1's ending really works - Dr. Gordon's fate is unknown, and Adam is locked away, the end.

I was thinking the same thing but I guess with inserting him at the end of Jigsaw Files 1 it more or less "completes" gordon's arc whereas if i insert it at the beginning of part II it will be just a random character scene that has no effect on the story

Since I probably won't insert the eye surgery as it is way too short to work as a proper sequence

CONGRATS on Fan Edit of the Month!!!
Well deserved!:)

Sorry I forgot to update the main page with the news...
Will do hopefuly tonight if I have the time.

thanks bob

TMBTM said:
Sorry I forgot to update the main page with the news...
Will do hopefuly tonight if I have the time.

no problem TMBTM, only problem is it says that i have to enter a password:

for ftp://feimages.dreamhosters.com when i go to the mainsite now

gave The Jigsaw Files to my nephews fro Christmas.....they loved it
om not able to sign into Fanedit.org and rate and comment this awesome fanedit by Sunarep...is it my login for this site..............i wonder now that the new saw is coming out on blu ray.....will that mean a new edit with that footage added to timeline

I put The Jigsaw Files on my youtube channel as well:

Blimey, the edit has finally returned to the 8star area, thanks to whoever was kind enough to vote, it was a long way back upwards ;)

Back
Top Bottom