• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Jigsaw Files by Sunarep

Havent finished it yet, but looks amazing the first hour in. I do have one suggestion though. A lot of people will have a hard time understanding this if they haven't seen the saw films. During one of the films, Jill is being interviewed by police, and commenting quite a bit on John. Maybe using that interview as a backdrop to "The Jigsaw Files" could add some narrative coherency without taking almost any more effort. Simply splice in a few seconds of her talking here and there when scenes aren't transitioning in a way a first time viewer wouldn't understand. (If that interview is included in the edit later on, sorry for a pointless comment) As it is, I look forward to finishing this.

An interesting suggestion, it could make an interesting opening
Right now the Jill interrogation will happen in The Jigsaw Files III when Strahm appears at the scene and starts the investigation.
Currently my goal was to make an enjoyable chronological experience that doesn't stray too far away from the original, I'd say The Jigsaw Files is 90% purist edition of ordering the events, with only some exceptions of fanediting creativity (opening with billy puppet, replacing loudspeaker, cherish YOUR life as a flashback during the miscarriage, final montage, trimming the bathroom, cutting zepp's torture) and with the following parts (at least II and III) it will be very purist... it's not until i get to the events of saw V that I will abandon preserving the original story and edit the hell together to tighten up the movies and reduce some bad acting and storylines

what you are suggesting is something I'd might try in the very future: make an edit that is not that much in favor of putting everything back there, maybe just an edit showing john's life with a reduced bathroom trap and no hoffman, started by the investigation and interview like you suggested

as ZX22wrote, the bathroom trap isn't that much connected to the main events before it in this edit, it's more a "see how and when everythign happened" edit instead of an edit that wants to tell one specific story and leave out everything else

I've been getting errors, either limit reached or file temporarily unavailable, though I got three downloaded. Anyone else having issues?

This is an excellent edit.

While I am not a real fan of bloody/gross-out horror movies, the SAW movies always held a weird dark power over me.
The first movie is brilliant and the first sequel was an excellent follow-up.
But after that, I must admit, each following sequel interested me less and less,
as the story became more about the Death Traps (and how gory they could be)
than about actual character. Often I would just fast forward through most of the movies
just to get to flashbacks and the character stuff (what little there may be...).

So upon reading Sunarep's plans for the edit, I became very excited!
An edit that focused on the character of JIGSAW and how he became the killer in chronological order.

And I must admit, Sunarep has pulled it off brilliantly.

I was concerned by just using flashbacks, that the narrative would not flow evenly,
but surprisingly it works fairly well. There are a few minor moments where there are obvious gaps
in the timeline story, but nothing the audience can not figure out by themselves.
Though the weakness of this type of edit is characters tend to pop in and out, and you do not get any
sense of closure for their characters ( ie. Costas Mandylor).

That said, the edit felt a tad long, I think some of the core original SAW movie could have been trimmed a bit.

Technically, the edit is very well constructed. The audio sounded excellent to me. All the edit/transitions worked very well.
There were a couple of very brief scenes where the video quality seemed to drop off compared to the rest of the feature,
but it was nothing disruptive.

Entertainment wise, the first half hour is truly gripping. The movie as a whole is very engaging and is a great Halloween Treat.
I think this edit would appeal to both the hardcore SAW Fan and just the regular viewer who enjoys a good dark and twisted psychological thriller.

Great work! I would give this edit 9/10!!!!

Aztek463 said:
I've been getting errors, either limit reached or file temporarily unavailable, though I got three downloaded. Anyone else having issues?

a lot of people have contacted me about the temporarily unavailable... i had the same thing when downloading kerr's workprint for Star Wars 3 - i guess this comes from uploading the file without a premium account: when there is more than one person downloading there might be some conflcits and one has to wait for a while

thanks bob for your review

That makes sense. I got it downloaded and burned, and I'll check it out in the next few days. Gotta love Halloween fanedits!

Sunarep,

After Saw 3D, you may have to remove a short " I know who you are scene" from this fanedit. Saw 3D sheds some light on who sent it. Also Saw 3D has some material that you really would want to have in Jigsaw Files 2, concerning a certain charater. If you have seen it, you know.

So the I know who you are happens at a different time?
From what I've read it really stalled my motivation... most of the flashbacks seem to not really change/add anything

I don't know when this should be happening,
john has hair so it can't be around saw 1, it has to be before the razor wire trap.... what???
ok so we had to swallow the pendulum right after cecil... but now we already have a copycat around this time? how many traps have there been between them? and why did it take john so long to test bobby?
i would have really preferred if bobby's trap was a flashback sorta thing that had some effect on the main plot because at the end of his test bobby made a decision that would resonate up till the present or some stuff like that.

it might probably happen before saw 2... but i don't see the scene working at all with the rest of the movie
it's just too short and if that scene happens before jigsaw files 2
then there are two more jigsaw files edits until we re-visit bobby... quite some time...

Sunarep said:
So the I know who you are happens at a different time?
From what I've read it really stalled my motivation... most of the flashbacks seem to not really change/add anything

I don't know when this should be happening,
john has hair so it can't be around saw 1, it has to be before the razor wire trap.... what???
ok so we had to swallow the pendulum right after cecil... but now we already have a copycat around this time? how many traps have there been between them? and why did it take john so long to test bobby?
i would have really preferred if bobby's trap was a flashback sorta thing that had some effect on the main plot because at the end of his test bobby made a decision that would resonate up till the present or some stuff like that.

it might probably happen before saw 2... but i don't see the scene working at all with the rest of the movie
it's just too short and if that scene happens before jigsaw files 2
then there are two more jigsaw files edits until we re-visit bobby... quite some time...

As far as Dr. Gordon, you should probably have the escape scene at the beginning of jigsaw files 2. Also, if possible work some footage of him doing the surgical procedures for some of the the traps as they happen.

I'll see that spoiler on december 2nd ;) DVD-Disc Cover:
thejigsawfilesdisc.png

That'll probably get you a few more reviews :p

well i guess it will mostly go unnoticed since the sites don't really refer to fanedit.org, but it's at least in the movie that it's from fanedit.org, but i doubt many will take the time and review it right here. Anywho, I'm kinda excited that this thing is really catching onto saw fans :D

.... ok... there are some posts by a user called sunarep on some sites, but i don't remember posting that stuff :-o

some files deleted due to copyright infringment, i hope this doesn't lash back to the fanediting community that some scene groups are releasing this thing

Where did you see your username?

did you know that your FanEdit has been uploaded at demonoid? i thought i would let you know so someone else isn't taking credit for your work man. this is quite possibly one of the best edits ever, and i will be damned if someone else will take credit for it. here is the link, the uploader calls himself "bone111".

-Snip-

i left a little message.

[reave] No direct links. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom