• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Hobbit - The Precious edition

So my only note would be that the image looks a little too green for all the images you shared, maybe you could play around with the tint, neutralize it? Also maybe raise the brightness/contrast without upping the highlights you removed of course?

So my only note would be that the image looks a little too green for all the images you shared, maybe you could play around with the tint, neutralize it? Also maybe raise the brightness/contrast without upping the highlights you removed of course?

I'll tweak the contrast a bit. I agree about the green. I might tone it down just a notch. I'll tweak it further ever so slightly.

Removed green tint, further removed highlights and bloom and increased peak brightness to make sure the sun pops when needed. The sky litterally looks 100x better this way. It is more defined and more blue. It has definition.

I compared it to the original trilogy and it's far more in line with it's contrast ratios. Slightly darker perhaps, but that's an easy trade-off for not having your eyes bleed by excessive bloom.

Superb! I think it still needs more contrast or at least darker black levels but it looks great!
I fiddled with it alot, but I ended up with this. It's slightly muted, but it helps transition it into the LotR trilogy which also is more muted by comparison. Plus, the blacks seem gray-ish in some stills because there's a blizzard going on all the time lol.

I fiddled with it alot, but I ended up with this. It's slightly muted, but it helps transition it into the LotR trilogy which also is more muted by comparison. Plus, the blacks seem gray-ish in some stills because there's a blizzard going on all the time lol.
Fair enough. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom