• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Godfather Trilogy: Extended Editions in HD by hal_over_9000

^ Well, that was interesting, and a little disheartening.
Over three years already.
Puts Adywan's length in perspective.

Also, if hal_over_9000 already has an edit available, isn't he considered an approved editor?
Meaning, does he have to get approval for Godfather II?

Vultural said:
if hal_over_9000 already has an edit available, isn't he considered an approved editor?
Meaning, does he have to get approval for Godfather II?

Long story. The matter is in hand and yes it will need approval.

JamesBond1988 said:
Honestly, although you made the extended cuts of both films because of the chronological cuts floating around, you should make that into a COMPLETE and UNCENSORED chronological version of the two movies (sans Part III), with the ending of The Godfather Saga (Kay praying for Michael at the church after leaving him) intact.

These Godfather movies work so well as extended standalone films and the fact they are extended in their own right make them unique to any other Godfather edit out there. I'm not saying that a full HD uncensored Chronological edit would not be welcome but don't discount this edit to quickly......:)

Since I have been unable to track down these edits on my own, I have been watching the AMC saga that I DVR'd back in 2012.
While I am enjoying all the re-inserted scenes, they made some butchering small edits and cuts of dialogue that are unfathomable. Just a few I've noticed are:
Young Vito singing while looking out window at Ellis Island
The pause and word "ever" removed after Michael tells Fredo "Never takes sides against the family." Without that "EVER", line is greatly diminished.
When Michael tells his father he is happy with his family, the funny papers dialogue is missing.
In Cuba, the Michael/Fredo scene is missing the "How do you say bannana daquiri? Bananna Daquiri." lines.
Why take the time to remaster and insert the saga footage and randomly cut key pieces that were always in the original movies And Complete Novel for Television that was originally edited by Coppola in '77?

tbuick6 said:
Since I have been unable to track down these edits on my own, I have been watching the AMC saga that I DVR'd back in 2012.
While I am enjoying all the re-inserted scenes, they made some butchering small edits and cuts of dialogue that are unfathomable. Just a few I've noticed are:
Young Vito singing while looking out window at Ellis Island
The pause and word "ever" removed after Michael tells Fredo "Never takes sides against the family." Without that "EVER", line is greatly diminished.
When Michael tells his father he is happy with his family, the funny papers dialogue is missing.
In Cuba, the Michael/Fredo scene is missing the "How do you say bannana daquiri? Bananna Daquiri." lines.
Why take the time to remaster and insert the saga footage and randomly cut key pieces that were always in the original movies And Complete Novel for Television that was originally edited by Coppola in '77?

Yeah i hated the censorship and random deletion of scenes from the AMC version which is why i made this edit.

It appears the dlc on .info is broken now so i sent you a pm.

tbuick6 said:
Since I have been unable to track down these edits on my own

Please don't make an end run on the rules. Next time PM the editor.

Your Avatar reflects what your working on now...Nice! I always liked that movie,will be interesting to see what you've done.
Have enjoyed what I've seen thus far,that's for sure. Many thanks for your efforts! (Not sure if "editors" hear that enough)

Looks like quite the project and looking forward to viewing both extended editions. Thanks much for the hard work.

Awesome job on the first Godfather edit. I first saw a bulk of the deleted scenes when they aired in HD on AMC, but, seeing them integrated into the movie proper, is a real treat! Even the non-AMC scenes are also good.

Of course, it doesn't replace the theatrical cut of one of the greatest movies ever made, of course, :), but, it's interesting for those who want to delve further into the world of the Corleone family.

Thanks for your hard work! I look forward to Part II.

gilhodges said:
Sounds extremely cool can't wait

Don't spam the forum, please. This edit was already released. Please read the rules. http://www.fanedit.org/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

This part in particular applies:
3. Posts should be constructive. If you post, please try and make it count. Posts consisting of nothing, but "That sounds great!" or "I am looking forward to this" or the likes, should be kept to a minimum.

If you post rubbish nonsense continuously, you are spamming the forum and will get warned for that and, in repeat cases, maybe even banned. We tolerate a lot here, but there are limits.

Have seen the first one and it is EXCELLENT. Slight visible logo in the bottom right corner on reinserted scenes,but it does not distract from the viewing experience. For those of us old enough to have seen this dozens of times over the years,this makes it new and fresh again. For those that don't like this...that's o.k.,you can sleep with the fishes. ;-)

A Sled in Flames said:
Awesome job on the first Godfather edit. I first saw a bulk of the deleted scenes when they aired in HD on AMC, but, seeing them integrated into the movie proper, is a real treat! Even the non-AMC scenes are also good.

Of course, it doesn't replace the theatrical cut of one of the greatest movies ever made, of course, :), but, it's interesting for those who want to delve further into the world of the Corleone family.

Thanks for your hard work! I look forward to Part II.

Part II has been out for over 6 months

hal_over_9000 said:
Oh sorry. I didn't know. I'm new here: I thought because Part II was still pending approval and thus not listed on the database along with your edit for Part I, it wasn't "out" yet for viewing anywhere.

EDIT: Re-read the rules for unapproved fanedits. Sent you a PM, hal_over_9000.

Well, I read you on this, but I would prefer an approval.
It has been a considerable time, and many films have been approved since yours went into pending.
HALover9000, you don't have to answer this - I would not want to put you in an uncomfortable position.
Still, does anyone from the Academy know when this edit will be approved?
Christmas wish -

hal_over_9000 said:

A Sled in Flames said:
Oh sorry. I didn't know. I'm new here: I thought because Part II was still pending approval and thus not listed on the database along with your edit for Part I, it wasn't "out" yet for viewing anywhere.

EDIT: Re-read the rules for unapproved fanedits. Sent you a PM, hal_over_9000.

Sorry i should have been more clear, the fanedit is not yet released but has been complete for 6 months. It isn't in active development anymore.

Vultural said:
It has been a considerable time, and many films have been approved since yours went into pending.
HALover9000, you don't have to answer this - I would not want to put you in an uncomfortable position.
Still, does anyone from the Academy know when this edit will be approved?
Christmas wish -

Part II was sent to a reviewer for the academy a few months ago, so someone is looking at it. I can understand why it would take a while for it to get viewed, it is a very long edit (almost 4 hours) which takes a lot of time to commit to.

hal_over_9000 said:
Part II was sent to a reviewer for the academy a few months ago, so someone is looking at it. I can understand why it would take a while for it to get viewed, it is a very long edit (almost 4 hours) which takes a lot of time to commit to.

Thank you. I appreciate the answer.
Hopefully by spring . . .

Vultural said:

The Academy does not review in order of submission. Someone on the team has to have the time, and interest, and the original source. Naturally some edits will take longer to review than others.

An interesting point does that mean it's actually better to submit a long film in two or more shorter parts that can be approved individually then?

Just downloaded your Part II. Unfortunately there are no subtitles in the subtitles file. I opened it up with Notepad and all it says is "no item found". Part I subtitles are fine though.

Back
Top Bottom