• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Godfather Trilogy: Extended Editions in HD by hal_over_9000

Finished with part 2 v2. 10 more minutes of footage were added back in with superresolution making it run almost 4 hours long now. Deleted scenes now have no amc logos as well.

hal_over_9000 said:
Finished with part 2 v2. 10 more minutes of footage were added back in with superresolution making it run almost 4 hours long now. Deleted scenes now have no amc logos as well.

You'd be better starting a new thread for a new project.

Adnaan said:
Is It 10 Minutes never before seen footage

No these were scenes that were missing because they were lower quality, i was able to use superesolution software to bring them up to passable quality for my edit.

According to the godfather museum though, there is at least 30 minutes of unreleased footage in existence somewhere
so its not impossible that we one day we will see new scenes.

Were They On Epic Or Missed Out

When Will The Godfather 2 Be up

The Chance Of Being More Then 30 Minutes Never Before Seen Footage Lost

If you are going to keep talking about Part 2 here, then I've renamed the thread.

^ Thanks. I didn't think the changes in part 2 are different enough from part 1 to warrant its own thread. The examples of superresolution and cropping i posted earlier apply to both the part 1 and part 2 deleted scenes.

At this point it seems the hardest stuff is done. If all the extra footage is now HD widescreen and edited into its proper context within the theatrical footage, I should think it would be fairly easy to do an HD chronological edit too and beat the Godfather Museum guys to the punch.

Cnemi said:
At this point it seems the hardest stuff is done. If all the extra footage is now HD widescreen and edited into its proper context within the theatrical footage, I should think it would be fairly easy to do an HD chronological edit too and beat the Godfather Museum guys to the punch.

You really can't compare my fanedit to the godfather museum. While mine has all available scenes added back in, they have gone above that and spent years adding in literally every single frame of every scene from every version of the godfather ever. I personally can't wait to view their version of the trilogy and how much extra footage they have added in.

This looks superb!! The trailer did one of the best jobs of outlining what the faneditor has done. One of the best trailers I've seen for a fan edit/extended version.

I very much look forward to watching your edit, and thank you very much for all your hard work.

This edit uses an unapproved source so the thread is moved to ITW inactive.

Source file has been updated so the edit is back on. Thread re-opened.

Toonloon said:
This looks superb!! The trailer did one of the best jobs of outlining what the faneditor has done. One of the best trailers I've seen for a fan edit/extended version.

Thank you. I thought it would be better to outline the differences between my edit and other fanedits rather then do a story based trailer because most people looking for my edit would have already seen the trilogy.

Part 1 dlc is currently up on fanedit.info, Still waiting on approval for part II from the academy.

Honestly, although you made the extended cuts of both films because of the chronological cuts floating around, you should make that into a COMPLETE and UNCENSORED chronological version of the two movies (sans Part III), with the ending of The Godfather Saga (Kay praying for Michael at the church after leaving him) intact.

JamesBond1988 said:
Honestly, although you made the extended cuts of both films because of the chronological cuts floating around, you should make that into a COMPLETE and UNCENSORED chronological version of the two movies (sans Part III), with the ending of The Godfather Saga (Kay praying for Michael at the church after leaving him) intact.

?? My extended editions are both complete and uncensored, just not chronological. If you are looking for that, i would suggest you follow the godfather museum guys who are putting together a chronological version of all footage available: http://godfathermuseum.blogspot.com/

Back
Top Bottom