• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Godfather Trilogy: Extended Editions in HD by hal_over_9000

lotrjjw said:
An interesting point does that mean it's actually better to submit a long film in two or more shorter parts that can be approved individually then?

Only if your initials are QT.

stretch009 said:
Just downloaded your Part II. Unfortunately there are no subtitles in the subtitles file. I opened it up with Notepad and all it says is "no item found". Part I subtitles are fine though.

Sorry about that, its been fixed now though.

kill-bill-vol-1-original2.jpg

tumblr_n4k5nvk6C01tzuuzio1_1280.jpg

Ah I see Quentin Tarantino?!.

I was thinking along the lines of Lord of the Rings could be released as separate edits or as a long one! or something similar thats long!

Wow it seems like HBO is now going to air the uncensored versions of the AMC saga. The deleted scenes aren't censored so thats nothing new, but since its airing on HBO, Advertisements most likely won't air during the deleted scenes which means i could replace the cropped deleted scenes with full frame hd.

Ho, Lee, Crap. I just got done watching the HBO cut of the Godfather saga. I didn't expect anything different from this cut from the AMC broadcast 4 years ago aside from the logo being gone and the promos no longer appearing but then i saw this:

m3w4zsF.jpg

If you are unfamiliar with this scene, this is the highest quality version of it available prior to now:

The last clip in that video is the version used in mine. I went through the rest of the film and found that HBO has actually restored every single Godfather deleted scenes in existence and added it back in the film restored in full 1080p, clips that even AMC didn't have.

This one edit of the Godfather has easily now become the definitive version of the godfather saga, making both my fanedit and Modernknife's obsolete as it now has all the footage in those fanedits in even higher quality. Because of this, i am no longer working on this edit as nothing can be improved from HBOs. I encourage everyone who wants to see the films with all the extended footage
to look for a copy of HBOs instead.

Edit:

Comparing the amc footage to the Hbo footage, it seems HBO even took it a step further and restored the picture far better than AMC

AMC deleted scene:

pBUHLmz.png

HBO deleted scene:
qTaYsY7.jpg

So not only does HBO make better shows than AMC, they also do better restorations XD

So do HBO have it out on Bluray? If so it would be good. If not a fan edit it the best home media version as long as it has the highest quality versions of the deleted scenes.

lotrjjw said:
So do HBO have it out on Bluray? If so it would be good. If not a fan edit it the best home media version as long as it has the highest quality versions of the deleted scenes.

Dude it just aired last night. It's not on Blu-Ray. No announcement of a Blu-Ray release yet.

OK well its not really available then, I guess someone could extract the higher quality deleted scenes and place them seamlessly into a Bluray version so we can have a high quality extended cut.

hal_over_9000 said:
i am no longer working on this edit as nothing can be improved from HBOs. I encourage everyone who wants to see the films with all the extended footage to look for a copy of HBOs instead.

I thought you were making extended editions of the 3 movies? Not in saga order. So the idea is still valid right?

hal_over_9000 said:
Comparing the amc footage to the Hbo footage, it seems HBO even took it a step further and restored the picture far better than AMC

Looks worse to me. But I'm guessing that's from a compressed streaming version? Not "real" HD broadcast.

TM2YC said:
I thought you were making extended editions of the 3 movies? Not in saga order. So the idea is still valid right?

Looks worse to me. But I'm guessing that's from a compressed streaming version? Not "real" HD broadcast.

True but since the HBO version doesn't have a logo, promotions or censorship, there is nothing to fix in the entire part I sequence. I would literally just have to copy the HBO sequence and paste it into a timeline with the opening and closing credits. I suppose i could still replace the AMC Footage with HBO footage in my Part II edit because my Part II edit is still unique in that its non chronological.

Hello evryone, I'm new here. But an old Godfather fan. Read the topic. Just want to ask how soon can we get the best version(HBO restoration )of the complete godfather trilogy 1901-1980??

Mr.Dehshat said:
Hello evryone, I'm new here. But an old Godfather fan. Read the topic. Just want to ask how soon can we get the best version(HBO restoration )of the complete godfather trilogy 1901-1980??

When HBO releases it for purchase. I assume.

Mr.Dehshat said:
then maybe its a long way i assume :-(

Maybe. They did just air it, but they also like money, so it might be soon. I have no inside information though.

Mr.Dehshat said:

It doesn't seem there is an option to buy, but you can view it on HBO Now online. They offer a free trial for a month if you just want to check out the Godfather Epic.

Just curious, does this bum you out Hal? Or is it something where you are just happy that a great version is out there. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just can't imagine doing all that work and then this showed up. I've seen your Star Wars work and you are amazingly talented, hope this doesn't burn you.

testingfazed said:
Just curious, does this bum you out Hal? Or is it something where you are just happy that a great version is out there. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just can't imagine doing all that work and then this showed up. I've seen your Star Wars work and you are amazingly talented, hope this doesn't burn you.

Not bummed out at all, really glad that after so many years we can finally have a version with all the known footage in consistent high quality, something my edit and Modernknife's couldn't do.

I'm still exploring the possibilty of using the new footage to create new versions of these edits because i actually learned there are a few small bits (under a minute) of content that HBO didn't include but is in the AMC version. Also i'd like to rework my part 2 edit with this footage because its still unique in its non chronological narrative.

I think your mistaking me for someone else, i haven't done any star wars work.

My fault about mistaking you...

I'm glad you are not ditching it. I look forward to seeing it when it's done!

Back
Top Bottom