• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

Nah, I think I'll wait for version 4.02 and 7.02.

Seriously, though, thank you for your meticulous work on this!
I think if anything, the 4k additions on the blu rays are tiny and I think only in GF 1...

The revisions update post above has been further update. The files remain unchanged...I just forgot to add an iten to the description list.

Hello.

Purists are going to be a while longer...

Here is just one reason why.

USA VERSION 1997

AMC VERSION truncated

Last edited:
Hello.

Purists are going to be a while longer...

Here is just one reason why.

USA VERSION 1997

AMC VERSION
What's the significance here? I'm not seeing a difference between these two clips.

Well there is a lot more to it...there are 4 versions. I'm trying to load them but YouTube get all silly on copyright ...so here ya go.

The full USA version had longer dialogue and the phone is hung up.
AMC truncated the dialogue. HD
HBO used most of the dialogue, but not the hanging up.
Modernknife used it all BUT slowed the walk down in SD.

AThe AMC fades the Audio on "be there Louie"...and no hanging up

I will used ALL the audio but fade to black on Vito NOT slowed down in HD, and then back in on Bonasera.

In your Magnum Opus, I see you've used all the Tom Hagen audio, but it fades abruptly when he says "Be there to greet him..." and no hanging up.

Last edited:
Yup, but I sourced that from Hal’s since it was the most complete audio I could find then…the shot of Vito had however been slowed, and I did not notice. SonnyGFunk brought to my attention the full audio source and that led to the solution…

There are a bunch of other minutiae I am working on also identified by SonnyG, which I’m incorporating ahead of the 4K analysis. These tweaks will be added to the 4K analysis though I will render them pre 4K so that a full final HD from current sources exists.

I saw the 4K in the cinema on Sunday. There are defo a few new shots during the Salozo shooting… the overall quality was breathtaking but it is dark…so I am not sure how well the eye will deal with the profusion of blacks in a brightly lit room rather than a dark theatre?

My gut is to add missing material to the existing build rather than add Magnum Opus material the the 4K sourced blu rays. Why? The color and luminance are quite different and it will be jarring. Further, although color can be corrected from the magnum opus, it just won’t align well visually. Easier to conform any new material to the Magnum Opus than the inverse… at least at this point… let’s wait and see.

Last edited:
Here is the fully restroed Audio with HD visuals at the correct speed.

I may extend the walk or repurpose a shot for the regular Magnum Opus but this will be as seen for the PURIS version.

Either way, an improvement on the clips show...and this one was fine to load on YouTube...go figure the crazy algo!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Here is the fully restroed Audio with HD visuals at the correct speed.

I may extend the walk or repurpose a shot for the regular Magnum Opus but this will be as seen for the PURIS version.

Either way, an improvement on the clips show...and this one was fine to load on YouTube...go figure the crazy algo!!!!!!!!
I'm not seeing a linked video?

re-rendering

VOILA

Last edited:
Any chance you’d do a full extended edition in the traditional, non-chronological order? I definitely find parts 1 & 2 pretty perfect but I’m a big enough fan to want to see and own a version with all the footage. But, though I found the chronological cut an interesting one time thing, I’m more interested I the traditional cut.
This will follow, later this year to update Hal_over_9000’s extended versions .

Yup, but I sourced that from Hal’s since it was the most complete audio I could find then…the shot of Vito had however been slowed, and I did not notice. SonnyGFunk brought to my attention the full audio source and that led to the solution…

There are a bunch of other minutiae I am working on also identified by SonnyG, which I’m incorporating ahead of the 4K analysis. These tweaks will be added to the 4K analysis though I will render them pre 4K so that a full final HD from current sources exists.

I saw the 4K in the cinema on Sunday. There are defo a few new shots during the Salozo shooting… the overall quality was breathtaking but it is dark…so I am not sure how well the eye will deal with the profusion of blacks in a brightly lit room rather than a dark theatre?

My gut is to add missing material to the existing build rather than add Magnum Opus material the the 4K sourced blu rays. Why? The color and luminance are quite different and it will be jarring. Further, although color can be corrected from the magnum opus, it just won’t align well visually. Easier to conform any new material to the Magnum Opus than the inverse… at least at this point… let’s wait and see.
The clips that are up on YouTube look breathtaking on my tv, sadly the films ain’t being showed in Norwegian cinemas this time around. There’s still hope for more remastered footage though, did you spot anything other than the Salozo shots?

I think I spotted a couple of other shots, possibly alt takes but my memory may be playing tricks. I also noted items that I HAVE fixed remaining unfixed. I’ll post a detailed analysis on all 3 movies as soon as I have the discs and do the comparisons…

Back
Top Bottom