• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

For those that recently recieved a direct DM/PM from me, please note that the PURIST information sent for the non UBER sized files (i.e. the MP4s) I had inadvertantly transposed Film 1 and Film 2, namely the MEGA and GOOGLE details for Film 1 (Don Vito's Opus) will lead to Film 2 (Michael's Opus), and vice versa.

This is better than resetting everything and contacting everyone again.

Apologies for my confusion.

For those that recently recieved a direct DM/PM from me, please note that the PURIST information sent for the non UBER sized files had transposed Film 1 and Film 2, namely the MEGA and GOOGLE details for Film 1 (Don Vito's Opus) will be for Film 2 (Michael's Opus), and vice versa.

This is better than resetting everything and contacting everyone again.

Apologies for my confusion. These should all be in place late tomorrow.
I will drop a not here to confirm.

New member ICA96 had a REALLY good spot regarding a longer shot of Vito walking into the theatre.

BUT, the shot itself was not longer It's actually a different take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vito does indeed take longer to walk down the theater aisle BUT in order for AMC to conform the shot the the available audio, it ends earlier when they walk across the chairs.

Since the two shots are the same legnth overall, using the AMC version would mean cropping out the AMC logo, which I have tried to avoid wherever possible. Since we have the fuller framed shot in HD from the HBO version...since the run times and audio are identical...I will leave this material unchange...BUT thank you so much for pointing it ICA96.

Here are the two shots from start to finish in sync to illustrate the point.

INTERESTING, HUH!

Wraith, are you familiar with the scene pictured here? Carmine Rosato and Frank Pentangeli.

Morning, Noob to this forum, I'm glad I came across this thread you are really doing God's work 😁 here as I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

How would I be able to watch this version? Thanks in advance.

Morning, Noob to this forum, I'm glad I came across this thread you are really doing God's work 😁 here as I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

How would I be able to watch this version? Thanks in advance.
Welcome and thanks.

Everything you need to know is in the rules.

UPDATES on hold due to Overdosing on this and supporting a few other projects out there....

Back in a few days...(but things are being fiddled with in the background)...

Last edited:
Wraith I've heard great things about your work. I actually joined this site because of what I've read about your Godfather Fan Edits. I'm eager to learn more about this project.

Wraith I've heard great things about your work. I actually joined this site because of what I've read about your Godfather Fan Edits. I'm eager to learn more about this project.
If you work your way through this thread, it has all you need to know in it. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Wraith, I'm new as well, although I've lurked on the site for a while. I PM'd you. Hope to hear from you.

PURIST UBER versions will be up for one more week, since I have had many non-edit releated distractions of late.

Fuller update soon.

AN OPEN QUESTION:

I have come across another instance in the HD extended versions of 2 sec of material in Low Res (Michael walking across a window). There are very few of these. This (and the other instances) are of no consequence to the narrative but appear to have been included for completeness. If I were to eliminate all such instances (in order to keep this HD throughout), it would amount to less a minute on what may be nearly 10 hours; it would be more than offset by HD material NOT in the extended versions which I plan to add back.

So, KEEP IT ALL, or go for CLEAN HD ONLY?
I recognize this question is more than a year old, and I'm slowly going through this thread, there's a lot to unpack, but wow am I learning a lot, so thank you. Me personally, I'm in the "keep it all" dept. I wouldn't mind if less than a minute out of 10 hours were SD rather than HD if we got to keep the shots. That's just me, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and I'm admittedly quite a noob.

Back
Top Bottom