• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Flash of Two Worlds

It would've been funny if the killer was indeed Barry's dad all along, but he's just kept pretending he's innocent.
damn-it-feels-good-ron-livingston-fbfrno2eph29inie.gif

This edit turned out quite well! A Keo masterpiece! I can't believe how well "Don't Worry, Be Happy" worked out for the end. I really didn't like the song. Never have. Was hoping that Keo wouldnt use it. But...It works so well as the close. Like a fine cigar after an excellent meal.

Hi friends!
Sorry for the delay, just wrapping this edit up. It is now finished.

One big last change - It has bothered me from the beginning that Barry mentions believing his mom was killed, but makes no effort to investigate that. It seemed obvious to me. I know the Flash history and that another Flash movie would have dealt with this, and I didn't think it was something that could be fixed.

But I found a way, and now all mentions of Nora having a "killer" are removed. Instead, its possible it was just an accident that Nora did to herself. I'm very excited about this change, as now a casual viewer might not ask the same questions I initially had on this subject.

I have also been toiling away over a trailer, hoping to make one from the awesome song suggestions given in the thread. BUt its proving much harder than I hoped, to find the right narrative to fit the music mood. I apologize, I will keep trying.

I was able to make this trailer though. Its built from scratch but ends up felling like all 'generic summer blockbuster" trailers, but I like the story it tells.

I missed releasing it this week, so it will officially get posted next week. Thank you everyone who has been super supportive and all the amazing suggestions and contributions. This edit is so much better because of all of you!!
This trailer is awesome.

Thank you everyone who has left a review, I really appreciate all the kind words!

@bionicbob , you make some great points. I can polish the ambient environment sounds in the last shot a little longer (maybe with a peaceful a bird tweet or something LOL) And interesting about the underwear joke trim affecting pacing. Love that note. I actually tought you would appreciate the removal of the outright dick joke, as many have complained about too many of those in the original movie. But I think adding it back in wouldn't hurt anything (I didn't mind it personally but thought others did) and keep the original pacing.

A little more polish coming! (@Bored at 3:00AM thank you for the awesome edited subtitles for non-hearing impaired! I will adjust it to match any changes!)

@bionicbob , you make some great points. I can polish the ambient environment sounds in the last shot a little longer (maybe with a peaceful a bird tweet or something LOL) And interesting about the underwear joke trim affecting pacing. Love that note. I actually tought you would appreciate the removal of the outright dick joke, as many have complained about too many of those in the original movie. But I think adding it back in wouldn't hurt anything (I didn't mind it personally but thought others did) and keep the original pacing.
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely appreciate all the changes and dialogue trims. In the greater context of Tone and Character, the fan edit is far better for it.

But every scene has its own cadence, and even the most surgical of improvement cuts can throw that cadence out of rhythm ever so slightly causing my brain to say “I don’t what it is but I know something was removed from that scene”.

For example, the Lasso of Truth scene; in its original form it is idiotic and embarrassingly bad. But in it’s edited form, to me, it now plays out a bit awkward and no longer feels like a complete real scene.

But that is the price of these types of edits. The editor has to choose the lesser of two evils to fulfill their creative vision. And that is not a bad thing.

Again, it is a fun fan edit and a vast improvement over the original. 👍

throw that cadence out of rhythm ever so slightly causing my brain to say “I don’t what it is but I know something was removed from that scene”.

For example, the Lasso of Truth scene; in its original form it is idiotic and embarrassingly bad. But in it’s edited form, to me, it now plays out a bit awkward and no longer feels like a complete real scene.

Overall pacing can sometimes not be helped, agreed. But these, to me, feel like these moments can still be improved then. I don't believe one should ever "pay that price" lol. Especially for smaller things like this. :ROFLMAO:

The dick joke is an easy fix by returning it to normal. And while I am definitely not open to putting back the idiotic lasso stuff, I can keep polishing here for better pacing feel, in a way that it feels "like the moment is supposed to be brief."

I don't always agree with viewers solutions to issues they see, but the fact that they see an issue is to me a sign something still needs addressing in some manner. I appreciate when viewers let me know something takes them out of the moment. Its hard to be that honest but its the best feedback! I wish I got more of it!

I really want to see this, but TBH, the cutting of the multiverses is a bad idea. Because those cameos, I LOVE THEM ALL. Can't you put them back?

I really want to see this, but TBH, the cutting of the multiverses is a bad idea. Because those cameos, I LOVE THEM ALL. Can't you put them back?
really? I thought they were terrible. I wish they kept the original stuff from Nic Cage though.

Hi Nate! Thanks for the interest! I'd love for you to watch the edit, and then maybe make your suggestion again if it still resonates. I personally wanted to focus less on the "Supermen" in the cameos since this is a Flash movie and Supes isn't really a factor, so to me it was distracting. But we already debated the merits of this area in the thread, unfortunately you missed out on giving feedback while this was in the works. But I put more focus on Jay Garrick and what would probably be other versions of The Flash in the other chronobowls, and less on the "Supermen."

But I would consider an "alternate cut" if enough people feel this way. I know @bionicbob would like a version that put all the cameos back!

True, though a majority would say the same too.
I would have to strongly disagree that there is any majority here. There was such fan backlash that people like Kevin Smith had to chime in to defend it, as did Smallville actors. But then the Reeves family dissed it, and then Nic Cage even said what they did with his face was not what he signed up for. So calling a majority for either side might not be provable LOL But am sympathetic to both sides.

Back
Top Bottom