• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The FanEdit.org "Worst Movies Ever Made" List!!!!

Ghostcut said:
1. The Shining - I hated it, everything about it (European version). The film never did anything for me at all. Hammy acting, weak scares, far too long. Did not deserve an 18 rating at all.

Again with The Shining!!! Ghost, one thing that your post shows is what a great passion you have for movies! Love it!!!

So it is The Shining, Titanic, Spidy 3 and Indy 4 neck and neck!!!

2. Battlefield Earth - this is the reason why Scientology needs to be exterminated. So they won't stink up the world with their shitty so-called literature. Arggh, this film made me want to kill myself.

lol. I forgot about BFE, I mentioned before that I had only turned off unspeakable, that is untrue.
twice I tried to watch BFE and twice I turned it off. I guess I repressed those awful memories of this major league stinker.

BFE-FTL!!!!

I have recently been browsing a lot of zombie movies in hopes of finding the footage I need for my short, and i must say, that 99% of these classify as the worst movies I have ever seen. pure garbage.

anyway, to keep it to big hollywood stuff, I'll have to think about this harder, but here are some movies that I was so pissed after seeing because I was robbed of a couple hours of my life:

- The Cable Guy
- Freddie Got Fingered

atrocious.

nOmArch said:
not seen i spit on your grave so i cant comment but a lot of feminists sure do like it and i have seen a Docu on it but Salo while not being an easy or particularly enjoyable movie to sit through its definitely no contender for worst movie ever. it might not be your cup of tea and it certainly isnt mine (i am yet to actually sit through it til the end) but its not a bad movie per se and totally pails in comparison to some of the cinematic crocks that have already been posted here.
I didn't mean I spit on your grave, I meant I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave. It's sort of a spiritual sequel in ways. The original is "ok" in it's genre and had a very positive impact on a lot of b-flicks back then so I'm ok with it, but the sequel is seriously the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, be it mainstream or indie. The problem I had with Salo was that it had no point to me. All the filosophical discussions carried out throughout the film feel like poor excuses to show more devouring of innocence. I never got any message out of Salo, just nubile young boys and girls being raped or tortured. It isn't very feasible for a good film in my opinion, and the technical quality was never really all that special either. So when a movie has a horrible, offensive (not stimulatingly offensive, but just offensive) and poor technical quality throughout, I can't see why I couldn't rate it as one of the worst movies I've seen personally. Anyhow, Mollo, as far as the list goes. If it's mainstream, I can quickly put this together:
1. Alien VS Predator
2. Psycho (remake)
3. The american Godzilla-movie
4. Blues Brothers 2000
5. Eragon
6. Speed 2
7. Pulse (remake)
8. Caligula
9. Pluto Nash
10. The Wicker Man (remake, but this sort of redeems itself by making me laugh my ass off whenever I see it)
When I think bad movies I just think of the obscure crap instead of mainstream stuff since I find all the mainstream movies miles more enjoyable than some of the shite I've seen.

EDIT: Oh yeah, some of you are somewhat correct. It's harder to screw up a movie that cost a 100 million than 1000 dollars. However there's also the factor of creative control. The films I mentioned I think are pretty much crap not so much because of the technical quality, but also because the creators clearly had absurd or ridicilous intentions with these films. Atleast with mainstream movies the studios can always be blamed for this type of stuff, with indie stuff you can only blame the creators. They intentionally made a crapfest, and I think that's worse than accidentally creating one.

messenjah14 said:
3. The american Godzilla-movie

Yup, a turd. I walked out and got my money back.

messenjah14 said:
I didn't mean I spit on your grave, I meant I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave. It's sort of a spiritual sequel in ways. The original is "ok" in it's genre and had a very positive impact on a lot of b-flicks back then so I'm ok with it, but the sequel is seriously the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, be it mainstream or indie.

ahh that makes a bit more, i havent seen the sequel but i have heard nothing good about it.

and btw couldnt agree more with 4,5,9 & 10 absolute terrible dross.

although some of the songs in BB2000 were brilliant.

American Pie
Epic Movie
Be Kind Rewind
House of 1000 Corpses
Final Destination

OMG i forgot about the [insert genre] Movies.

i think we may have just found our winners.

i know good ol' Uwe gets a fair amount of stick but at least some of his stuff is kinda enjoyable, but the [insert genre] Movies are just unforgivable plain and simple.

im surprised you got american pie in there though, i really enjoyed the first two, not that they were high cinema by any means but they were fairly well put together, reasonable cast etc. etc. i mean there are much worse examples of teen comedies out there than AP (The STV releases were a bit whiffy to say the least)

ok i got another one

Crocodile Dundee 3

what a great steaming pile of kilroy-silk that was.

messenjah14 said:
I greatly dislike Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma.

The problem for me with that flick is that it isn't badly made at all. It was based on a sick & horrible little book & the problem for me is that the film portrayed that really well. :roll: I actually think it's one of those rare films I deeply regret watching as I feel I'm a lesser human being for sitting through all of it.

Back to the subject in hand.

I'm not sure what the criteria is on this thread for the "Worst Movies Ever Made", but for me it's generally "How the hell did they mess that up?". You know what I mean, when a film appears to have all the right incrediants story, director & actors & yet they still screw it up. :-?

So here's mine.

1. Exorcist II: The Heretic (Of Course :smile: )
2. Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace
3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4. The Da Vinci Code
5. The Passion

I'm not sure I can justify The Passion's place here, but I'll give it a go :wink: . I'm not a religious person but anyone who takes the story of a man who dedicated his life to Love & Pacifism & turns that into a S&M movie is pretty twisted. I mean Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma was sick, but then it was based on a sick book. So what's Mel Gibson's excuse? :roll:

FatherMerrin said:
messenjah14 said:
I greatly dislike Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma.

The problem for me with that flick is that it isn't badly made at all. It was based on a sick & horrible little book & the problem for me is that the film portrayed that really well. :roll: I actually think it's one of those rare films I deeply regret watching as I feel I'm a lesser human being for sitting through all of it.

I'm not sure I can justify The Passion's place here, but I'll give it a go :wink: . I'm not a religious person but anyone who takes the story of a man who dedicated his life to Love & Pacifism & turns that into a S&M movie is pretty twisted. I mean Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma was sick, but then it was based on a sick book. So what's Mel Gibson's excuse? :roll:
Well this is somewhat contradictory in my eyes. First you say that Salo is a well-made movie, and hence shouldn't really be in any list, but then you put Passion to yours. I mean ok, so Passion might have some really screwed up shite on display, but it's well-made as far as the technical qualities go, moreso than Salo. Isn't this contradicting yourself? And I must say, the bible is a pretty sick book as it is sometimes, so that may be Gibson's excuse. And as I said, the point, what Salo was supposed to tell me, was completely lost on me. It never came through from the canvas or the tv-screen to me at all, just leaving me baffled and pretty angry about wasting 2 hours of my life on it. I even rewatched it just to make sure it wasn't one of those cases where it takes a few views for it to hit in.

agree.... bible itself is pretty brutal.....I was really glad that someone finally shown what crucifixion means! Passion is sick beacuse roman's practices were sick......do you know that romans knocked out tooths and broke hands for people intended to be eaten by lions? why? Audience didnt like when they defend yourself!

There's no contradiction in my mind.

Pasolini took Marquis de Sade's book & portrayed it really well.
Mel Gibson took the story of The Passion, completely missed the point & turned it into an S&M movie.

Pasolini's film is twisted & warped because it was based on a twisted & warped book. Mel Gibson's film is twisted & warped because he's a twisted & warped person.

Sure "the bible is a pretty sick book" & the Romans were brutal (I think they crucified 500 people in one day at one point) but Gibson wasn't telling the story of the bible just The Passion & completely missed whole point of the story. The same can't be said for Pasolini's Salo.

The point of the list is to name your personal worst films. So any criteria will do. It can be trashy B movies or Hollywood Blockbusters or as in Heinrich's case, whole genres! Whatever you want.

As for Salo, yes it is sick and could well be on anyones worst film ever list. As for the Passion, a little S&M never hurt anyone, right? The problem for me is The Shining because it is a classic picture but I don't mind that it is tying for the lead in this thread. Some movies attain greatness in the attention they receive over time and The Shining and Salo just won't go away.

Oh, I just thought of another The Keep by Michael Mann.

the Romans were brutal (I think they crucified 500 people in one day at one point)

It was jerusalem siege. Romans crucified 500 people a day!..and that lasted few months! overall 1 000 000 jews were killed during siege!!!

Mollo said:
The point of the list is to name your personal worst films. So any criteria will do. It can be trashy B movies or Hollywood Blockbusters or as in Heinrich's case, whole genres! Whatever you want.

Cool

Mollo said:
As for Salo, yes it is sick and could well be on anyones worst film ever list. As for the Passion, a little S&M never hurt anyone, right?

I don't think Max Mosley would agree with that. :lol:

Mollo said:
The problem for me is The Shining because it is a classic picture but I don't mind that it is tying for the lead in this thread. Some movies attain greatness in the attention they receive over time and The Shining and Salo just won't go away.

Yep, I don't get how The Shinning is tying in the lead either.

My final point on The Passion is that the whole point of Jesus suffered for your sins (not mine I got rid of my guilt years ago :-D ) & through the resurrection prove he was the Son of God etc. But the Resurrection was like 30 seconds long, the whole point of the story was thrown in at the end like it was an after thought. So Gibson skipped all the sins of the world stuff, redemption & resurrection & focused purely on torture for 2 Hours.

voodl said:
It was jerusalem siege. Romans crucified 500 people a day!..and that lasted few months! overall 1 000 000 jews were killed during siege!!!

Thanks for filling in the gaps in my knowledge voodl. :) I didn't know it went on for so long.

I've always had Attack of the Clones as my personal worst movie. Honestly, though, I never put much thought into it.

At World's End is on there somewhere. Not Batman and Robin, though. That movie may be an abomination, but it's freaking hilarious to watch now.

nOmArch said:
OMG i forgot about the [insert genre] Movies.

i think we may have just found our winners.

i know good ol' Uwe gets a fair amount of stick but at least some of his stuff is kinda enjoyable, but the [insert genre] Movies are just unforgivable plain and simple.
"Epic Movie" is the truest offender of the Sandberg & Friedman (or is it Sandman and Friedburg? See, I'm already caring too much) quadrilogy. "Date Movie" at least *seems* similar to the more successful genre parodies by others. The biggest offense about "Meet The Spartans" is that it's really just a live-action Mad Magazine article. "Disaster Movie" (which is now rated IMDB's worst film of all time) took a hell of a beating, mostly because of the previous three being so dumb (and in many ways, just awful). However, "DM" was actually the most enjoyable (not to be confused with "good"), with some actual amusing, if hopelessly random, bits (usually involving Nicole Parker as the Enchanted princess). "Epic Movie", meanwhile, was a pure insult to lovers of comedy, writing, timing, talent, etc.... Every joke is sluggishly beaten from horse to glue before your very eyes. If I get drunk enough, I may take a crack at editing it down from a sadly awful movie, to a simply dumb one. If you're not brave (drunk, high, self-hating) enough to watch any of these movies, visit http://www.disastermovie.org (an unofficial site) for some funny and well-written synopses of each film.
nOmArch said:
im surprised you got american pie in there though, i really enjoyed the first two, not that they were high cinema by any means but they were fairly well put together, reasonable cast etc. etc. i mean there are much worse examples of teen comedies out there than AP (The STV releases were a bit whiffy to say the least)
Meh. I just don't enjoy the "virgins are nature's clowns" sort of genre. Promotes a lot of unnecessary social stigma over a bullshite abstract concept.
nOmArch said:
ok i got another one

Crocodile Dundee 3

what a great steaming pile of kilroy-silk that was.
Never seen it. Is it as good as "The Coca-Cola Kid"? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom