• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Dark Knight (2008) is a masterpiece!

I would have to say that the reason for most people's disappointment with TDK is the fact that it was WAAAAAYYYY overhyped. It would be hard for any movie to live up to all the expectations that were put on it. I learned long ago to avoid being caught up in hype like that, because more often than not you will be let down. If some people who are poo-pooing TDK now, had gone into the theater "cold", I think their opinion would be slightly different. IMO.

The Dark Knight questions;

Why are there are so many 360% shots? 1. buildings 2. faces 3. Morgan and Bales talking over a desk 4. The Joker threatening Rachel. 5. Alfred speaking wisdom.

Why Batman's really gruff voice? Is this serious? Also why when dressed as Batman but talking to someone that knows it is Bruce Wayne does he still use this gruff voice?

Is the new Rachel beautiful? The Joker calls her beautiful not once but twice. Does that mean she is?

Is Heath's performance so good? Heath does one thing remarkably well, he allow us to hear his tongue moving around inside his mouth with masticating brilliance.

Was the editing good?

Was the musical score good?

Is the new Rachel beautiful? The Joker calls her beautiful not once but twice. Does that mean she is?
well...yes! she looks like young Carrie Fisher!

No......score is perfect!

Why are there are so many 360% shots? 1. buildings 2. faces 3. Morgan and Bales talking over a desk 4. The Joker threatening Rachel. 5. Alfred speaking wisdom.

I must admit...too much!

Why Batman's really gruff voice? Is this serious? Also why when dressed as Batman but talking to someone that knows it is Bruce Wayne does he still use this gruff voice?

Nolan said It was on purpose..........in BB his voice is similar.....why in BB wasnt it a problem?

Is Heath's performance so good? Heath does one thing remarkably well, he allow us to hear his tongue moving around inside his mouth with masticating brilliance.
yeah....he was good! He had idea for his character and did it great.......were previous villains better? dont think so......

reave said:
I would have to say that the reason for most people's disappointment with TDK is the fact that it was WAAAAAYYYY overhyped. It would be hard for any movie to live up to all the expectations that were put on it. I learned long ago to avoid being caught up in hype like that, because more often than not you will be let down. If some people who are poo-pooing TDK now, had gone into the theater "cold", I think their opinion would be slightly different. IMO.
I'm pretty sure my 7/7 opinion of it is what I would have thought either way, thank you. If hype did anything to this movie it is putting it in the top 5 movies on IMDB.

Mollo said:

Didn't notice that. But, I wouldn't say one too many 360 shots is grounds to undermine it's (so called) status as a masterpiece.

Mollo said:

That did bother me & what was so annoying about it is that it could of been so easily rectified with dubbing.

Mollo said:

It didn't strike me as out of place when The Joker said it & this is the 1st time I've heard someone complain about that so I think it's a personal thing. Again this point isn't strong enough to undermine the film's status.

Mollo said:

Yes it is. Best villain since Hannible Lector.

Mollo said:
Was the editing good?

I didn't notice it being bad (Like Quantum), so I suppose it was good. But, I've only seen the film once so it's kinda hard to remember.

Mollo said:

I can't remember the score from either Nolan Batman Films so I would have to put them into the average catergories.

Mollo man have you seen the film yet? If so are these the things that bothered you about this film?

From my POV what undermines this films status as a masterpiece is that it sometimes struggles (espcially towards the end) to find the balance between the realism it was obviously going for & the fantasy element that's inherit in the characters. ie, the bat mobile turning into a bike, the Sophie's Choice scenes & the Sonar.

Yes, I have seen it but found it quite generic. I would even go so far as to say Begins is better and I am not much of a fan of that movie. I think Jack as the Joker nailed the part as did Michelle as Catwoman.

This is all down to taste and understand my view is in the minority.

That's cool.

It seems to me that TDK is slowly turning into a sort of "Us & Them" movie where everybody HAS to agree it's amazing or there's something wrong with them, which is sad.

reave said:

Why did I just have a flashback to 1999? Replace "TDK" with "TPM".

I'm not saying that everyone who is not wowed by TDK is solely of that opinion because of the hype, but it is a factor with some people.

Hargiwald said:
reave said:
I'm pretty sure my 7/7 opinion of it is what I would have thought either way, thank you. If hype did anything to this movie it is putting it in the top 5 movies on IMDB.

Wow! 7 out of 7? That's pretty good! :p Oh, and you're quite welcome. I didn't intend on offending anyone with my comment, THANK YOU.

Ziz said:
reave said:

Why did I just have a flashback to 1999? Replace "TDK" with "TPM".

I'm not saying that everyone who is not wowed by TDK is solely of that opinion because of the hype, but it is a factor with some people.

I actually enjoyed Begins more myself. and to answer some of those questions...

Batmans voice was super annoying sometimes. and I found it annoying in Begins

Yes, I thought heath's performance was brilliant. best aspect of the movie.

I liked TDK more than Begins, but I still think we'll never get as good a film Joker as Jack, unless you want to get an actor who looks the part and sync him to Mark Hamill, a la Birds of Prey pilot. :lol:

as you can read in previous TDK topic (before premiere) I was sceptic......I didnt like new batman's suit, I didnt like new Joker, I didnt like batmobile and most of all Burton's Batman was best........but I loved TDK...... I feel a bit weird defending the movie and imo complaining of TDK is incomprehensible........

Mollo, Throw and rest, please! Name 5 better movies of 2008!

Yes, you got me there Voodl other than High School Musical 3: Senior Year I can't think of one.

the only movie that I feel was better than TDK in 2008 is Wall-E.

ok, ok, and zombie strippers.

voodl said:
as you can read in previous TDK topic (before premiere) I was sceptic......I didnt like new batman's suit, I didnt like new Joker, I didnt like batmobile and most of all Burton's Batman was best........but I loved TDK...... I feel a bit weird defending the movie and imo complaining of TDK is incomprehensible........

Kind of all over the map there voodl... Sort of like TDK! :)

It definitely suffered from too many subplots. The Joker claimed not to have a plan, but actually had six or seven!

Ultimately, the Joker only had one plan...to screw up everyone else's plans. The rest was just "means to an end".

The Joker claimed not to have a plan, but actually had six or seven

Did you notice that Joker was not truthful? ......his stories about scars?

Back
Top Bottom