• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Crow: Devil's Night - Trailer Added

plurmonger said:
I watched this the other night, and I thought it was really well-done. Here's my IFDB review:

Big fan of The Crow, here. When I was a teenager, it was hands-down my favorite movie, so I have seen it many, many times. And this is a terrific version. It's not a huge departure from the original because it doesn't need to be; it's just another way to watch an already great movie. Does the black and white work? Of course it does! The comic was in black and white, and there wasn't a whole lot of color to begin with outside of the flashback scenes. And in stark contrast to the majority of the film's (now complete) lack of color, boy do those scenes pop! The effect of the harlequin makeup is now much more dramatic as well; without Eric's skin tone peeking through, the "mask" he wears looks even more threatening. I did find that the picture was occasionally TOO dark, with the shadows bleeding over into areas of the frame that were previously visible. This is especially noticeable in establishing shots featuring dark rooms and dimly lit city streets, of which there are many. Occasionally lowering the contrast for even just sections of the frame would have helped a lot. Otherwise, lack of color is a welcome and appropriate change, and the moment where the color returns to Eric's world was beautifully done. The few cuts were well chosen and gracefully executed, although I would have transcribed Sarah's opening voice-over to text over the opening shot. It's short and simple, and it is rather important as it explains the central conceit of the story. I watched the edit with a friend who had never seen the movie, and, lacking this information, I did have to explain to him the mythology behind what was going on. We both really enjoyed watching it, though. Overall Score: 9.2

Hey, thanks for the great review man! It's only my second major edit so I'm thrilled at what a great score you gave it. I understand your issues with the mythology of the crow, and that it might have helped to add it as an opening text crawl or something, that's a pretty good idea. I guess the fact that I know the movie so well made me unable to see it as a first time viewer and just assumed that people would understand it based mostly on the dialog from Top Dollar's crazy ass sister/girlfriend who explains some of his powers, although that is not until the end of the film so I see that could be an issue. I think my favorite thing about your review is that you got a friend to watch The Crow for the first time. Good job, keep sharing those classics with others so they stay alive forever. I actually didn't have anyone else look at The Crow edit before I released it, which really wasn't a great idea. I guess I was just pretty confident in it since it was a minor edit as far as the actual number of cuts. Anyways, I'm rambling now, take it easy and thanks again for the review.

You know, the first time I saw The Crow was an edited version on a UHF station sometime in the 90s. I had taped it and watched it over and over again before I finally bought the DVD once I got a bit older. I still know where most of the cuts were. So that shot you cut of Top Dollar impaled on the gargoyle? I didn't miss it at all, and you actually did a better job removing it than the censors did. And good call getting rid of all that hot dog nonsense.

plurmonger said:
You know, the first time I saw The Crow was an edited version on a UHF station sometime in the 90s. I had taped it and watched it over and over again before I finally bought the DVD once I got a bit older. I still know where most of the cuts were. So that shot you cut of Top Dollar impaled on the gargoyle? I didn't miss it at all, and you actually did a better job removing it than the censors did. And good call getting rid of all that hot dog nonsense.

Thanks man! I always thought the shot of Top Dollar on the gargoyle looked kind of cheesy, it had nothing to do with removing violence. I think it's cool, and not that surprising, that the TV version was not cut as well. I really appreciate your kind words on the quality of my editing and I hope that my next projects will get this much positive response.

hi , am a fan of your amazing edits and work , i searched the net for The Crow Devils Night 1080p mp4 i only found dead torrent links, can you seed it or reupload it and send me the links please , amazing edit , you are great :D , thanks.

Sa'ad said:
hi , am a fan of your amazing edits and work , i searched the net for The Crow Devils Night 1080p mp4 i only found dead torrent links, can you seed it or reupload it and send me the links please , amazing edit , you are great :D , thanks.
[MENTION=30155]Sa'ad[/MENTION] - please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

[MENTION=30155]Sa'ad[/MENTION], I have a long memory. Don't break the rules in this manner again. You have been warned.

Back
Top Bottom