• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Crow: Devil's Night - Trailer Added

Gimp is free, and if your a novice photo editor, I'd recommend learning gimp.

I think adobe has too much of the market cornered.

wayne.workman2012 said:
Gimp is free, and if your a novice photo editor, I'd recommend learning gimp.

I think adobe has too much of the market cornered.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

wayne.workman2012 said:
Please do not abandon this project.

-Wayne

Definitely will not be abandoned. In fact, it's pretty close to being completed. My first major edit Star Wars Downfall of The Old Republic has been approved and I should be getting Faneditor status very soon. I am super happy about that. This should be my next release and I hope to have it out sometime in May. It's a real straightforward edit compared to others that I'm working on, but I think the black and white is extremely effective. I'm amazed at all the positive responses I have gotten to this edit. It's nice to know so many people still love this great film.

Nickian Duracell said:
Trailer looks/sounds great , if somewhat familier ...

Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by "if somewhat familiar". I wasn't copying any other trailer, consciously anyways. I simply put together some scenes that included flashbacks, to show the transitions in the edit from black & white to color. Those scenes just happened to also be the attack on Eric and his fiance, and Eric's transformation into The Crow. I put that to a song from the soundtrack that I felt worked. I'll be honest in saying that I don't really like doing trailers, it's a much different style of editing than cutting feature films. Which is why different companies cut trailers in Hollywood than the movie studios.

It's just a weekend of great final performances I guess is what I'm saying, Brick Mansions yesterday with Paul walker etc.. etc... So, yeah I'm totally with you on the whole trailer bit. I've only edited one minute long trailer ever, teh'yre very difficult to wrap my mind around so that totally makes sense. Robert Rodriguez and the coen Bro's are great at trialers I've seen/heard.

I need some artwork for this edit so I can release it. I have not been pleased with my first attempts, but will keep trying. If anyone is interested in helping out please contact me.

I would love to do some artwork for you. You can count me in.

MWRK said:
I would love to do some artwork for you. You can count me in.

Cool. if you are serious about this please let me know when you have something done. I can't wait to check it out. I do hope to release this edit before the end of May, so if you don't have anything by then I may have to go with my own substandard artwork. Thanks for the response and I look forward to hearing back from you.

How about Monday? I have some finals on Monday morning, after which I am free.

funny my finals were a week ago, i start next semester on monday

jswert123456 said:
funny my finals were a week ago, i start next semester on monday

*subscribes to blog*

Ayt so I'm starting on the cover art today so I'll prolly have it ready tomorrow. That okay?

BTW [MENTION=9615]HanShotFirst[/MENTION] what's the font you used for 'The Crow' font at the end of your trailer?

Here they are, I made two of 'em. My personal preference is the second, just so you know. Also If you want something different tell me what you're lookin' for and I'll come up with a different one :)

crowcover1_zpsac91503e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

crowcover2_zps6e0f55bf.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

MWRK said:
Here they are, I made two of 'em. My personal preference is the second, just so you know. Also If you want something different tell me what you're lookin' for and I'll come up with a different one :)

crowcover1_zpsac91503e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

crowcover2_zps6e0f55bf.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

WOW! I love them! I will most likely be using one of these. I think the fonts you choose are just right. I thank you for your help. I've had some serious family drama recently, but it can't rain all the time.

You're quite welcome man, and its totally cool. :)

Done, and released. Not on the database, because I don't seem to have access to add it yet. I think someone forgot to give me faneditor status. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

HanShotFirst said:
I think someone forgot to give me faneditor status. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

:behindsofa:

Oh hey, it's fixed now!

I watched this the other night, and I thought it was really well-done. Here's my IFDB review:

Big fan of The Crow, here. When I was a teenager, it was hands-down my favorite movie, so I have seen it many, many times. And this is a terrific version. It's not a huge departure from the original because it doesn't need to be; it's just another way to watch an already great movie. Does the black and white work? Of course it does! The comic was in black and white, and there wasn't a whole lot of color to begin with outside of the flashback scenes. And in stark contrast to the majority of the film's (now complete) lack of color, boy do those scenes pop! The effect of the harlequin makeup is now much more dramatic as well; without Eric's skin tone peeking through, the "mask" he wears looks even more threatening. I did find that the picture was occasionally TOO dark, with the shadows bleeding over into areas of the frame that were previously visible. This is especially noticeable in establishing shots featuring dark rooms and dimly lit city streets, of which there are many. Occasionally lowering the contrast for even just sections of the frame would have helped a lot. Otherwise, lack of color is a welcome and appropriate change, and the moment where the color returns to Eric's world was beautifully done. The few cuts were well chosen and gracefully executed, although I would have transcribed Sarah's opening voice-over to text over the opening shot. It's short and simple, and it is rather important as it explains the central conceit of the story. I watched the edit with a friend who had never seen the movie, and, lacking this information, I did have to explain to him the mythology behind what was going on. We both really enjoyed watching it, though. Overall Score: 9.2

Back
Top Bottom